Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Feb 7, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #3,496 of 3,545
Quote:
don't get me wrong, your work is very appreciated, and i'm complaining about some of yours and other people comments, repeated on and on.....for example in your case: these cans do not worth 300 bucks, and your wife's anecdote.....this was a kinda mocking comment...and that was NOT fair indeed

said that, it would be better to stop this futile discussion
wink.gif

I don't think these cans are worth $300 either, because IMO some headphones in that price range (HE400, HD600, HD650...) are superior in regards to my priorities: Smoother tremble and less of a U-shape frequency response. But YMMV and I see no problem if you think these are worth $1k.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #3,497 of 3,545
Seems like there were a lot more users posting in the TOTL threads back then.  LCD-3 thread racked up hundreds of pages in days, threads like this one grew exponentially.  Now all the high-post threads are about anime or whatever.  

These types of comments are fair as long as the dissenting opinion is allowed as well.  So an appreciation thread, where real negative comments are not allowed is not so fair.  This thread, where Purrin and LFF can give their opinion but other users who disagreed also gave theirs is fair.

Since we're on the internet these things might be hard to differentiate, but mocking and joking are two different things.  

sure, and giving opinions and roughness are two different things.

in addition, talking about positive things only, is the same as talking about only negative ones....
so why talking about ******** to someone who wants an advice about two cans (for example the guy who asked about hd650 and hd700 was answered with a totally unfair opinion, beacuse he did not even explain why the hd700 was just a hd800 wannabe)

people who want an opinion should get a fair and motivated answer.....and not just saying : these cans are fu*kin bad cos they tear my ears apart and stop (just an example)

i say these things because if i was a newbe, i would get the fairest opinion as possible, to judje myself pro and cons of a headphone...i would throw those futile comments into the toilet and flush it

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #3,498 of 3,545
Ha Ultrabike, LFF has made similar comments about the LCD-3 and what he'd pay for it (back when he was allowed to say anything).  I like it (modded) and was happy to pay new price for them.  Don't have anything against LFF for making that kind of statement though.  

As long as you don't have some sense of self-worth/self-image tied up with your gear, these things just aren't a big deal.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #3,499 of 3,545
I don't think these cans are worth $300 either, because IMO some headphones in that price range (HE400, HD600, HD650...) are superior in regards to my priorities: Smoother tremble and less of a U-shape frequency response. But YMMV and I see no problem if you think these are worth $1k.

they are not worth the 1k either if you ask me

well talking about hd650 ...these do not have U shaped frequency indeed, but look like something like this: \ ...they are slower, veiled (what else people said about these cans many years ago? LOL)
see?? i can find many cons to the hd650 too...who said these had no flaws some post behind puts his arm up :p

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #3,500 of 3,545
Ha Ultrabike, LFF has made similar comments about the LCD-3 and what he'd pay for it (back when he was allowed to say anything).  I like it (modded) and was happy to pay new price for them.  Don't have anything against LFF for making that kind of statement though.  

As long as you don't have some sense of self-worth/self-image tied up with your gear, these things just aren't a big deal.

the problem is: why LFF said they are not worth 300 buck? which are his preferred cans? what kind ok sound does he like?

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #3,501 of 3,545
Quote:
sure, and giving opinions and roughness are two different things.

in addition, talking about positive things only, is the same as talking about only negative ones....
so why talking about ******** to someone who wants an advice about two cans (for example the guy who asked about hd650 and hd700 was answered with a totally unfair opinion, beacuse he did not even explain why the hd700 was just a hd800 wannabe)

people who want an opinion should get a fair and motivated answer.....and not just saying : these cans are fu*kin bad cos they tear my ears apart and stop (just an example)

i say these things because if i was a newbe, i would get the fairest opinion as possible, to judje myself pro and cons of a headphone...i would throw those futile comments into the toilet and flush it

Lets go 13 hours back in time in this thread.  Someone offered a positive opinion about the headphones.

No one disputed his right to or lambasted him for that.

He continued to say " It's so unfortunate that people spend so much time writing about perceived shortcomings rather than enjoying the music."

This is where people came in and offered the foil opinion once again - that the shortcomings they experienced prevented them from being able to enjoy the music.  They also posited that in their opinion burn-in didn't change this.

Purrin then made a joke.  You then took it super seriously even though it had a smiley face after it.  Everyone involved then thought you were too personally invested in the HD700's success/positive perception - which would make you fit right in at the appreciation thread (that's why Head-Fi has them.)

I now realize just what Purrin was talking about.  There was a time when people were fun.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #3,502 of 3,545
Quote:
the problem is: why LFF said they are not worth 300 buck? which are his preferred cans? what kind ok sound does he like?

LFF is now muzzled as a MOT and can no longer voice his opinion on other headphones. To put it broadly, he prefers a neutral sound signature.  I know he liked (before he was MOT) Grado HP1000's, Frogbeats C4's and his mastering monitors.

Headphones that have errors of commission are much harder to deal with than those that commit errors of omission.  If theres not enough detail I can still bear it.  If Bjork's voice sounds like its jackhammering the skull, it doesn't matter what else it does right, it is unlistenable to that person.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #3,503 of 3,545
Purrin then made a joke.  You then took it super seriously even though it had a smiley face after it.  Everyone involved then thought you were too personally invested in the HD700's success/positive perception - which would make you fit right in at the appreciation thread (that's why Head-Fi has them.)

I now realize just what Purrin was talking about.  There was a time when people were fun.

mine was a joke too....there's a ":p" smile in my post

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #3,504 of 3,545
LFF is now muzzled as a MOT and can no longer voice his opinion on other headphones. To put it broadly, he prefers a neutral sound signature.  I know he liked (before he was MOT) Grado HP1000's, Frogbeats C4's and his mastering monitors.

Headphones that have errors of commission are much harder to deal with than those that commit errors of omission.  If theres not enough detail I can still bear it.  If Bjork's voice sounds like its jackhammering the skull, it doesn't matter what else it does right, it is unlistenable to that person.

sorry for my ignorance, what's a mot?

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #3,505 of 3,545
I have a sick and twisted sense of humor. Nothing makes me laugh harder than responding to people who indirectly attack me (I preferred being called out by name) of "spewing ignorance" or "spreading hate" by repeating ad nauseam that the HD700s make my ears bleed. In fact, I have vowed to myself to directly reply in such a manner for every such post. It should be obvious that it's kind of an inside joke by now, and I certainly don't expect the recently initiated to take me too seriously with the HD700s make my ears bleed opinions.

I again urge anyone to read the "fair and balanced" HD700 review which LFF and I wrote a long time ago - that I would expect people to take seriously.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #3,506 of 3,545
I have a sick and twisted sense of humor. Nothing makes me laugh harder than responding to people who indirectly attack me (I preferred being called out by name) of "spewing ignorance" or "spreading hate" by repeating ad nauseam that the HD700s make my ears bleed. In fact, I have vowed to directly reply in such a manner for every such post. It should be obvious that it's kind of an inside joke by now, and I certainly don't expect the recently initiated to take me too seriously.

I again urge anyone to read the "fair and balanced" HD700 review which LFF and I wrote a long time ago - that I would expect people to take seriously.

giving us the link would be much appreciated , thanks

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #3,509 of 3,545
Quote:
sorry for my ignorance, what's a mot?

Member of the trade.  Its nice in that you can (presumably) make money, not so nice in that you can no longer speak your mind.

Some sites allow MOT's or dealers to voice their opinions as long as they include their financial/filial interests, others don't allow them to participate at all.  Head-Fi has a sort of middle ground where they can participate but in a very limited fashion.  They can no longer say something just as "them", as they always represent their company.  

This is my understanding of the situation.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #3,510 of 3,545
Most of my graphs are different from Headroom's. Different methods and different compensation curves. Only compare mine with mine and use in a relative and not absolute sense. This is critical. And even then measurements only tell you so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back