Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Oct 23, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #3,467 of 3,545
Quote:
anetode's recipe for better sound than the HD700 at an HD700's budget + karma:
Step 1) Purchase 25 PortaPros; Step 2) Give all but one away

I haven't commented in this thread in a while, but I saw that in the preview ticker and couldn't help but laugh....that's too good. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
That smiley is too cool for this site.

+1, Purrin's got the whole pirate branding down to a science!
cool.gif

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #3,468 of 3,545
Quote:
the price should be 700$ not freaking 1000$

Well bang for buck is always dependent on what you use to compare. Anyways, I always thought the HD700 was a bit of a marketing ploy to bump the HD800 retail back up and to fill the gap between the HD650's official retail vs the HD800's official retail

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #3,470 of 3,545
This thread died off really fast.

I did get a chance to audition these and I didn't think they were terrible...

That being said, the treble was off/shrill and I certainly expected more out of a 1K headphone.  I thought the mids on down sounded pretty good though!

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #3,471 of 3,545
Really? I listened to them in a closed room at an audio shop for quite a while and they sounded very artificial to me. I've never heard the HE-6, but the T1 and HD800 sounded way better than they 700, to my ears. What did you prefer about them?
Quote:
I bought my pair at Harrods during their special 10% off day...
wink.gif
 I went there to check the Ultasone SignaturePro and nearly didn't bother checking the HD700 after reading the negative comments here. I am very pleased I did. I was so impressed that I returned the next to make sure I heard correctly and decided to buy them. I definately prefer those to the T1 and HD800 and I enjoy them as much as my H-6 
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #3,472 of 3,545
Hey all.. I really think it depends on the source and amplification. Yes, they can be bright but with my Bifrost/Lyr combo with some Amperex Orange Globe tubes, the HD700 are simply wonderful. It took some tube experimentation but I got there.  Great dynamics, bass, mids and highs. Great across most genures from Deadmou5 to classic Frank Sinatra and shine with Patricia Barber and even Lindsey Stirling.  Of all the headphones I've owned (about half a dozen or so), they're by far my favourite. Given that, Im looking for a complimentary pair.. probably the HE500 or LCD2.
Happy Listening!

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #3,473 of 3,545
I think this illustrates clearly that opinions are just that, opinions. You should always audition a headphone before you buy it, even if the reviews on here or elsewhere are universally moving in one direction.

9 out of 10 people could despise a headphone from sound quality to comfort, but 1 in that 10 just might just love it. Everyone appreciates different things sonically, you might be that 1 in 10. Headphones are a very personal experience, go try things out...you never know what you might like!

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #3,475 of 3,545
They're different and I think they're better in every way. YMMV. I sold my HD650 after I had the HD700 for about a month.  They defenitely do not get the love the HD650 do. You really need to listen to these and decide for yourself.   I auditioned them for 2 separate 1 hour sessions before I purchased them.
Quote:
Are these about as good as HD 650?

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #3,476 of 3,545
I hate them and I'll sell them soon, Already the left ear has bass rattle and soundstage Is very tight and the sound Is not natural at all and has so much leak that you can use it as speaker

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #3,477 of 3,545
They're open so leakage should come as no surprise.

However, I also thought they didn't sound natural at all.
Quote:
I hate them and I'll sell them soon, Already the left ear has bass rattle and soundstage Is very tight and the sound Is not natural at all and has so much leak that you can use it as speaker

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #3,478 of 3,545
this topic has bacome ridiculous ....just talking about treble's spikes....and destroying these cans(oh well just 2 people that are saying this endlessly)....

people saying they are engineers of something as a proof they are sayng the word of christ

many years ago we where talking about the hd650's veil....and dt880 and k701 where the perfect cans (and they were too much damn bright)

now hd650 has no flaws

everyone looking at graphs as they are the holy grail, not knowing there's much more about sound than those stupid graphs....why don't we judge them by the specifications on the box?...it would be much more fair

LOL

human beiings are so funny. they must have to find something to complain about....

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #3,479 of 3,545
I bought mine in the first month. Still absolutely love them. It's so unfortunate that people spend so much time writing about perceived shortcomings rather than enjoying the music.  They are stunning cans that have only gotten better over time.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #3,480 of 3,545
It's unfortunate that people spend so much time complaining about people writing about perceived shortcomings in a thread which was dead for several months as of two weeks ago. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back