Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Feb 7, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #3,483 of 3,545
Quote:
Whats the difference between these and the HD650s?

The opposite to what any HD580/600/650 sound like. The HD700's is like a new kid on the block trying to imitate the HD800 failing miserably so. Yes I did not like the HD700's at all, Sennheiser should've taken the time to focus on a new stat than a new dynamic.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #3,484 of 3,545
Quote:
The opposite to what any HD580/600/650 sound like. The HD700's is like a new kid on the block trying to imitate the HD800 failing miserably so. Yes I did not like the HD700's at all, Sennheiser should've taken the time to focus on a new stat than a new dynamic.

Ouch!

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #3,485 of 3,545
Quote:

it does not want to imitate nothing. it wants to be the ring of connection of the two...and in this regard it does a good job (maybe not excellent)

these are dynamic cans so there is more weight to the sound in comparison with the more ethereal and light sound of the hd800.
still, they are much more open sounding (where the hell do you(intended to other people that said so) percive the same soundstage of the hd650 ) and transparent (don't confuse it with the treble peak) than hd650...there is much more focus to the instruments

yet they do not have the fine microdetail of the hd800, but have much more dynamics and punch than hd650

they do have a mid-treble peak ,( that for me is much more bearable than that on hd800, dt880, k701, some Audio technica etc), and midrange slightly recessed (but with more weight compared to the hd800)

all in all, with some recording and musical genres are a much better choice than hd800 and than the hd650.....for others, hd650 nd 800 are better suited...but hd700 does a good job too

about the peaks, i must say that it depends on people who listen to them (supposed that the graph posted can really be applied to anyone's ear, which i think it doesn't)...i don't find it disturbig...and i can't bear many other bright cans like the hd800

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #3,488 of 3,545
Compared to my HD650, they are light, airy, less bass but also much cleaner. Incredible soundstage. For easy listening, jazz, classical, they're superb and certainly a solid step up.

yes, the asking price is high. So be it.

as for the bright treble- I think it has a lot to do with your listening volume.  I listen at fairly low levels and have no problems at all (and am very sensitive to sibilance). When I turn them up too much, they can get a little bright so I'll switch to my HE-500 or HD650. These cans compliment others in some very good ways.

i chose these for size, weight, portability, and sound quality over the HD800 because I need to run them off my iPhone 4S and Vamp while I work around the house.  I'm constantly moving and can't have a listening station (not even at my PC long enough to hear a song).  They are a great balance in sound quality and portability for my needs.

For all the haters spewing ignorance, put 20 hours on the cans and then state your opinion.  Those of us that have been willing to invest the time and money to find out how these phones fit are more than happy or put them up in the buy/sell. Just like every other can.

nothing to see here, move along... move along...

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #3,489 of 3,545
Quote:
Is it much time writing just one post? or just complaining on and on with several posts that are all the same about  the shortcomings ,and scaring people to death? :p

Is it much time writing just one post? Or just complaining on and on with several posts about how people complain about the shortcomings?

Perhaps if this thread is too scary, this other one may be more suitable: http://www.head-fi.org/t/612502/sennheiser-hd-700-appreciation-thread/300#post_9137553. I'm certain that thread is hater free where you may feel less threatened and bask in the air of mutual admiration.

For all the haters spewing ignorance, put 20 hours on the cans and then state your opinion. 

I tried, but I couldn't. It was too painful after two minutes, and I'm not into causing myself hearing damage by putting 20 hours on it. At least at moderate to high volumes and with music other than easy listening, classical, or jazz. I do agree with your implied assessment that listening volumes and recordings will matter with the HD700. I'm just not into headphones that work under special conditions (volumes, genres, recordings, etc.) I still think the timbre is weird or off compared to say the HE500.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #3,490 of 3,545
Is it much time writing just one post? Or just complaining on and on with several posts about how people complain about the shortcomings?

Perhaps if this thread is too scary, this other one may be more suitable: http://www.head-fi.org/t/612502/sennheiser-hd-700-appreciation-thread/300#post_9137553. I'm certain that thread is hater free where you may feel less threatened and bask in the air of mutual admiration.

I don't mind posting in that thread, i thought I would have found fairer comments here, but that was not the case

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #3,491 of 3,545
Quote:
I don't mind posting in that thread, i thought I would have found fairer comments here, but that was not the case

So under your definition of fair, I should either change my opinion of the HD700 or run Grados at high volume into my ears until I have hearing damage before I assess the HD700.

BTW, I think the full HD700 review I posted was pretty darn fair. I don't know if you've even read that.

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #3,492 of 3,545
Just to side track this thread...

Purrin, I absolutely love your avatar holding the bath tissue... although I kind of wish it was a kleenex box.

I'm sure it's an inside south park joke that I'm unaware of...

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #3,494 of 3,545
So under your definition of fair, I should either change my opinion of the HD700 or run Grados at high volume into my ears until I have hearing damage before I assess the HD700.

BTW, I think the full HD700 review I posted was pretty darn fair.

don't get me wrong, your work is very appreciated, and i'm complaining about some of yours and other people comments, repeated on and on.....for example in your case: these cans do not worth 300 bucks, and your wife's anecdote.....this was a kinda mocking comment...and that was NOT fair indeed

said that, it would be better to stop this futile discussion :wink:

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #3,495 of 3,545
Seems like there were a lot more users posting in the TOTL threads back then.  LCD-3 thread racked up hundreds of pages in days, threads like this one grew exponentially.  Now all the high-post threads are about anime or whatever.  

These types of comments are fair as long as the dissenting opinion is allowed as well.  So an appreciation thread, where real negative comments are not allowed is not so fair.  This thread, where Purrin and LFF can give their opinion but other users who disagreed also gave theirs is fair.

Since we're on the internet these things might be hard to differentiate, but mocking and joking are two different things.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back