Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Mar 4, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #3,526 of 3,545
Quote:
After reading Purrin and LFF's review  I decided I wouldn't like the HD700 and I nearly didn't bother checking those in the shop I went to listen to the Signature Pro. I am very pleased I did and I have been enjoying the HD700 since. 
biggrin.gif

LFF and I would like to apologize to you for making you exercise unnecessary care and caution in your selection of the HD700 as your cans of choice. Obviously, we caused you a lot of harm. As far as our HD700 review causing you to nearly not bother trying the HD700 when you had the opportunity, I call BS on that, because it would have been really dumb for you to not to try it, even for 2 seconds - no review trumps hands on experience.

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #3,528 of 3,545
I have a HD700 for 1 month now, and i can tell that it's a great headphone (i am an owner of HD600, H650V2, HE-5, Beyer 770/880 and T1). The trebles are not a problem with an appropriate amplification. It's a good mix between HD650 and HD800, on the warm side.
The HD700 is definitely better than the HD6X0.

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #3,529 of 3,545
Quote:
Member of the trade.  Its nice in that you can (presumably) make money, not so nice in that you can no longer speak your mind.

Some sites allow MOT's or dealers to voice their opinions as long as they include their financial/filial interests, others don't allow them to participate at all.  Head-Fi has a sort of middle ground where they can participate but in a very limited fashion.  They can no longer say something just as "them", as they always represent their company.  

This is my understanding of the situation.

Historically, MOTs aren't allowed to post either, unless it's a direct response to a question.

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #3,531 of 3,545
Quote:
Looks like LFF couldn't even speak his mind in the mildest manner possible-- his post got nuked.

Yeah...

I like Sennheiser. I like and appreciate Head-Fi.

I think the HD600 and HD650 sound great. I recommend those headphones often.

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #3,533 of 3,545
I think my HD700s are defective -__-.

Static keeps occurring on the left side. Tried switching the plugs but same issue occurs.

I'm using the Schiit Lyr as my amp and my HE-500s don't have any static so I don't think it's my amp.

Has this ever occurred with anyone else?

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #3,538 of 3,545
I've had this on my head for, what, a month now, after passing by T90's and other phones etc.. (I did have them in the past)

Now, they say this 'phone can sound good out of many amps, and this is largely true I think..

I tried it with the following before purchase:-

Burson Soloist
Woo WA6
Schiit Lyr
Schiit Valhalla 2
Burson Conductor SL
Matrix M-Stage
Sennheiser HDVA600

What did I buy?

HDVA600. 

What would have been my second choice?

M-Stage.

The Bursons/Schiits/Woo were all ok. Nothing special at all.. either too sharp (Burson/Schiit) or too mellow (WA6)

Both the HDVA600 and the cheapest amp, the M-Stage pasted them. Really.

Senns own amp brings out the best in these phones, by a loooonnnnnnnggg shot. It ticks all the audiophile boxes AND entertaining the casual listener. My HDVA is driven by a Matrix Mini I Pro, (this PASTES the Conductor SL, and for the record, I don't care what chip is in it. It's not that good), with Mogami XLR's into the amp. Can't wait for the balanced cable in a fortnight:) I think any listener wanting to hear what these phones are capable of, should grab a HDVA. Other amps don't match as well, or do the phones justice. If you still hate them, then fair play, the HD700 is NOT for you!!!!!

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #3,540 of 3,545
The HD700 just arrived.
Construction/materials look and feel hundreds of dollars shy of their $1000 retail price tag.
Hopefully break-in will improve their performance.  At first listen, they sound congested from top to bottom with sharp highs and a somewhat tubby, inarticulate bass. 
Will let them play overnight on my AV receiver and listen to them tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back