Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Jan 12, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #3,541 of 3,545
After 30+ hours, the treble still sounds hard to me with the HD700, just not enough clean extension for my tastes.  Ditto for the bass: it seems to lack that ultimate extension/articulation.  If the HD700 sound anything similar to the HD800, I may forego the latter as well.

Feb 19, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #3,542 of 3,545

LFF and I would like to apologize to you for making you exercise unnecessary care and caution in your selection of the HD700 as your cans of choice. Obviously, we caused you a lot of harm. As far as our HD700 review causing you to nearly not bother trying the HD700 when you had the opportunity, I call BS on that, because it would have been really dumb for you to not to try it, even for 2 seconds - no review trumps hands on experience.

Purrins review made me feel really weird when I first read it (after a brief test of the HD700, months after owning the HE-400). 
I felt the HD700 was, at first glance, a great HP.
There was something off, but at the time I attributed that to having used the HE-400 for a long period of time. The HD700 sounded amazing in all aspects except tactility.
I felt like the sound was away from me (not in terms of soundstage, but in terms of distance from my ears).
I do find however that I will have to test these HP again (now I have a shop where I can do that) and see if my previous impressions stay the same.
Also, I need to test them with games. My first benchmark are always games, then music, especially games that have very good voice acting and soundtracks.
Just waiting for the Winter to go away to do the testing :D.

Feb 19, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #3,543 of 3,545
I went against the grain of Purrin's review, too, and tried the HD700 nevertheless.  The HD700 were not at all to my liking and were subsequently sold.  To my ears, the HD700 have an unnatural/hard treble, reminding me of what I did not like in the T1 and DT990.

Mar 6, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #3,544 of 3,545
-Wrong thread, please delete!-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back