Sennheiser HD 202 VS Beats by Dre
Aug 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #16 of 43
Quote:
I think people tend to overstate how overprice Beats are. They are not the best value proposition but I think it is pretty foolish to say that they are horrible headphones because in actuality they aren't.

Well, a lot of us who have listened to them (including me) think they are grossly overpriced because we've listened to headphones that surpass them in sound, build and material for much less.

Quote:
1. Basically any orthodynamic (Look here: http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Isodynamic_%28aka_orthodynamic%29 Their prices vary a lot. I got an ortho for $20) 
2. Koss PRODJ100

Uhh, every brand has its crappy headphones, so that won't exactly help you but if you want a list of good headphone brands:
AKG, Audeze, Audio Technica, Beyerdynamic, Denon, Grado, Hifiman, Sennheiser, Stax, and Ultrasone. I'm sure I'm missing a ton. 

Don't orthodynamics need a ton of modding to sound any good? Also, I'm curious. Have you listened to the DJ100s through an amp?

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #17 of 43
1. Not necessarily. Even stock the ones I've heard were fantastic considering they can be had for pretty cheap.
2. Amped through a Mini3 and vintage receiver. They don't sound their best without an amp, but they're still okay, I guess. More shrill than Beats, but more bearable.

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Well, a lot of us who have listened to them (including me) think they are grossly overpriced because we've listened to headphones that surpass them in sound, build and material for much less.

Don't orthodynamics need a ton of modding to sound any good? Also, I'm curious. Have you listened to the DJ100s through an amp?

Yes but being terrible for a given price (Beats) is different than being a terrible fullstop (iBuds). I think people should be conveying the former but often people get worked up and it becomes needless bashing in the form of the latter.

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #19 of 43
Quote:
Yes but being terrible for a given price (Beats) is different than being a terrible fullstop (iBuds). I think people should be conveying the former but often people get worked up and it becomes needless bashing in the form of the latter.

Solos sound bad, period. Pros are halfway decent, but the cramped soundstage and boomy bass kept turning me away. As for the Studios, well, I can only imagine.

I think the iBuds sound terrific for the price of free. As for build, no one can do anything about it, really.

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #20 of 43
Koss Pro DJ100, Phillips Uptown, CAL...And then once you hit 200USD you get about 20 options that will trump them...hard.

EDIT: This list is probably much longer, but I haven't heard a lot under 200 USD.

Quote:
so if i ask what is the cheapest headphones sounds better than beats studio ? name 2
and also could any one do a list with top 10 headphones brands

Aug 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #23 of 43
Quote:
so if i ask what is the cheapest headphones sounds better than beats studio ? name 2
and also could any one do a list with top 10 headphones brands

Hey Hameem, what kind of music do you listen to?  It would really help us give you a good recommendation if you let us know what type of music (and hence what type of sound signature) you like.  Also, knowing your budget would also help.

In the absence of that information, I am going to assume that you listen to music that has a fair amount of bass.  Usually, people who like Beats listen to a lot of hip hop and some electronica and dubstep.  In addition, since you mentioned the HD 202, I'm also going to assume that you're looking for a good deal, and that you're kind of curious about Sennheisers.  If the above assumptions are correct, then I would suggest the Sennheiser HD 212 Pro.  It should satisfy your bass craving while being a Sennheiser and a [relative] bargain as well.

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #24 of 43
thanks all for reply . .
i am currently in Egypt and i have been searching alot for a store that sells good quality headphones, as far i found the iluv overear headphones for about $45
searching the web i found lots of good deals of headphones like JVC and sennheiser and sony . . etc, but the issue is that i might not find them in Cairo . .even if i did it will expensive
for an Ex , the sennheiser 202 is for about $50 and the HD 205 for about $75
this will be my first headphones to buy after all the pain i got from cheap chinees headphones and earpuds . .
also i want to know how to simply masure headphones sound quality ? frequincy . . ?
and yeahh . . i listen to Dubstep "mainly"

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #25 of 43
Quote:
i am currently in Egypt and i have been searching alot for a store that sells good quality headphones, as far i found the iluv overear headphones for about $45
searching the web i found lots of good deals of headphones like JVC and sennheiser and sony . . etc, but the issue is that i might not find them in Cairo . .even if i did it will expensive  for an Ex , the sennheiser 202 is for about $50 and the HD 205 for about $75

Okay yeah, I can see how that would make things more difficult.  Check this out, maybe this will help:  http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110110164117AA4WrO0

Quote:
this will be my first headphones to buy after all the pain i got from cheap chinees headphones and earpuds . .

Smart move.  Not only do those sound pretty poor, but they may also ruin your hearing over time.

Quote:
also i want to know how to simply masure headphones sound quality ? frequincy . . ?

That's a much more complicated subject, and there is no simple way.  There's some good reading here though:  http://www.innerfidelity.com/category/audio-science-guide

Quote:
and yeahh . . i listen to Dubstep "mainly"

Okay, that helps a lot.  Out of the headphones that I own, have owned, or other spent a decent amount of time with, I would recommend either the Pioneer SE-MJ751 or the Sennheiser HD 212 Pro.  If you need TONS of bass and don't care about a muted mid-range, then you'll probably like the Sony MDR-XB500 (although I personally don't like it all that much).

Aug 9, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #27 of 43
Quote:
ok . . so i have tow options . . the Senhheiser 202 and the Shure SRH240A

I haven't extensively heard both so I can't comment on SQ comparisons.  However, I tend to favor Senns and I like their excellent warranty.  So if I had to buy blind, it'd be the HD 202.

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #29 of 43
I think you live in Egypt as you said hd202 will cost you about 270 L.E
I also live in Egypt & I'm a music lover & love clear bassy sound and I tried several headphones before (last one was the Sony MDR-XD100 which has no bass at all and no isolation).
Finally, after reading lots of reviews here and several sites I decided to order the Sennheiser HD202.
Honestly, they got AMAZING sound quality, very good & deep bass, clear & crisp (without distortion) treble.
If you plan to use them to listen to music on computer, you'll need a good media player equalizer (I use AIMP3 with DFX plugin) and the sound is wonderful.
If you're in Egypt you won't find any better headphones than these (except the beats & will cost you about 6-7 times more).
Finally, go ahead & you'll never regret.

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #30 of 43
HD201 is better if I have to choose between 202 and 201. Cheaper and over the ear design but if you like a lot of bass, 202 is suppose to have a lot more bass than the 201.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back