Sennheiser HD 202 VS Beats by Dre
Aug 5, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #4 of 43
The Senns should definitely be better than the Beats.

Aug 5, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 43
i dont know.... the 202's are about $35. beats Studios are worth (in my opinon) $75

Aug 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 43
Oh come on; this isn't even fair. Anyone that says Beats are inferior is delusional. Even though we all hate on them, they're technically superior.

Aug 5, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #7 of 43
This isn"t even a fair comparison. the prices (and values even) are completely off. beats cost 10 time as much as the 202's. the 202's have a better value, but the beats will admittedly sound better.

Aug 5, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 43
i know the price range between HD 202 and the Beats are big, but Beats by Dre are just commercial product that people buying it because others do and hiphop artists supporting it because of Dre, mainly Monster headphones are overpriced for nothing,
but am just asking for any one got the chance to try the tow headphones HD 202 and the Beats
are they have the same sound quality or beats a little bit better than 202's . . i mean after all they are (Sennheiser) !!!!
the 202's are priced for 270LE and the beats for like 1200LE in my country . . and there isn't good quality headphones

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #10 of 43
I regularly gift HD202's and have tried Beats countless times. The HD202's can get muddy (well so can Beats, but to a lesser extent) and aren't all that satisfying of a listen because they have a weird grainy, unrefined sound. For the price they go for, they're pretty good, but that's really it imo. They MIGHT compare to the Solos, which I really don't like, but the Studios blow them away.

The Sennheiser name doesn't mean much at all to be quite frank--at least not until you get to the HD558 and HD25.

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #11 of 43
Ahhh yes I remember a girl with her boyfriend buying Sennheiser earbuds at Canada Computers last summer. They didn't even have the MX580s, but some 300 series earbuds. I just told her that she was buying for the brand name at that price point. Not exactly a great way to inform people, I know.

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #12 of 43
Oh, I might have lied. The HD428 usually goes for like $30 on eBay and they're fantastic at that price, but retail's like $80 (I think?) and that's excessively stupid. They sound better than other headphones that are by it at Best Buy that also go for $80, but still.

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #14 of 43
Quote:
so if i ask what is the cheapest headphones sounds better than beats studio ? name 2
and also could any one do a list with top 10 headphones brands

1. Basically any orthodynamic (Look here: http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Isodynamic_%28aka_orthodynamic%29 Their prices vary a lot. I got an ortho for $20) 
2. Koss PRODJ100

Uhh, every brand has its crappy headphones, so that won't exactly help you but if you want a list of good headphone brands:
AKG, Audeze, Audio Technica, Beyerdynamic, Denon, Grado, Hifiman, Sennheiser, Stax, and Ultrasone. I'm sure I'm missing a ton. 

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #15 of 43
I think people tend to overstate how overprice Beats are. They are not the best value proposition but I think it is pretty foolish to say that they are horrible headphones because in actuality they aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back