Schiit Owners Unite
Oct 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #3,406 of 13,350

interesting, the mytek is on my list but i prefer the look of the WFS dac2  and the nadm51. was the mytek bright? i use the t1 so i don't want more brightness

I'd say the Mytek was totally unenjoyable. But that's just me.

Mytek is quite bright, Gungnir is too, but to a lesser extent M51 is a bit warm, very laid back sound.

Some find the Mytek awesome and Gungnir meh, this hobby is just quirky.
Find what seems to fit your preferences best.

Oct 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #3,407 of 13,350

I'd say the Mytek was totally unenjoyable. But that's just me.

Mytek is quite bright, Gungnir is too, but to a lesser extent M51 is a bit warm, very laid back sound.

Some find the Mytek awesome and Gungnir meh, this hobby is just quirky.
Find what seems to fit your preferences best.

what would you recommend for 1500 - 2000?

Oct 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #3,408 of 13,350

what would you recommend for 1500 - 2000?

M51 or Lynx Hilo would be front runners. Pure DAC is also looking interesting.

It'd be a big mistake for me to leave the Octave out of the running.

Oct 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #3,409 of 13,350
Hi! i have a question regarding hooking up my incomming Asgard 2 to my Gungnir. Right now I'm using my Gungnir as the dac to play Spotify over my main system as well as the external dac for my cd player. So both sources are linked to Gungnir and then I hooked my Gungnir via xlr to my pre-amp. Can I just use the rca out-puts of the Gungnir to connect to my Asgard 2 and still keep using my onther sources to play over my speakers?

Thanks!

I don't think your question ever got answered, but if I missed it, my bad!  Yes you can run 3 amps simultaniously off the Gungir ( XLR, 2 RCA).  I have mine hoked up to Mujlnir, and i2 other amps.  I run multiple at the same time quite often.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #3,410 of 13,350
I don't think your question ever got answered, but if I missed it, my bad!  Yes you can run 3 amps simultaniously off the Gungir ( XLR, 2 RCA).  I have mine hoked up to Mujlnir, and i2 other amps.  I run multiple at the same time quite often.

Thanks!!!

Oct 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #3,411 of 13,350

Yes, there is. Sort of. It's tied to your windows volume control, but it's probably worth looking under Control Panel -> Sound, select your sound device, and click the Properties button. That will pop up a dialog like the one below. Browse through the settings just to make sure things are what they should be, namely, all sound effects off, and all volumes set up to max. Oh and yes, by all means, get rid of all the bloatware that you can. I do that religiously whenever I get a new box.

Well, I should say, some folks like those settings off. Some like them on
L3000.gif
When I'm on the system with my not-so-good ATH M40 cans, I equalize those things like mad. Because they really need it. But I usually do that in itunes, not in control panel. For some reason, the EQ in control panel sucks compared to the one in itunes.

Thanks.  I disabled all of those and didn't notice any change.  Your reply did prompt me to go into the EQ in Foobar, which was all messed up from trying to get better sound straight out of my laptop.  I zero'd the EQ and it cleared the sound up a bunch.  
L3000.gif

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #3,412 of 13,350
Well I made the plunge and got the überfrost and the Asgard 2 for my K701s/DT 990 250ohm to use on my home desktop.. Should arrive shortly..

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #3,414 of 13,350
  hmm shipping for uber card it self is 30 to canada =( anyone know where I can get it cheaper

The only way to get Schiit products cheaper than on the Schiit website is to buy them used. The for sale section here on Head-Fi is a good place to look.

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #3,416 of 13,350
  ya I brought a bifrost local and a lyr from another headfier both on the way but need uber card XD

maybe I will wait a while... before I have enough cash for it

i bought a demo bifrost, got a good price, it sounds great , and bought the uber board when i had the cash
now it definitely is an upgrade, don't get me wrong, but, its not like its a night and day difference
be patient keep on the lookout on the for sale thread, even put an ad up for one,

you might could try some dealers, there are some dealers , i got my demo from audio advisor

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #3,417 of 13,350
If i am lucky, i will be a happy owner of a Asgard 2 by wednesday or thursday.
I am so excited my stomach acted up and prevented me from going to work today. :p

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #3,418 of 13,350
If i am lucky, i will be a happy owner of a Asgard 2 by wednesday or thursday.
I am so excited my stomach acted up and prevented me from going to work today. :p

So one could say that you felt like Schiit? :D

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #3,420 of 13,350
Just received confirmation that my Asgard 2 will arrive on Wednesday, looking forward to hearing the difference on my Grado between the music direclty from my iPad vs via the Asgard.

Should be great, based on what I've read so far. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back