Schiit Owners Unite
Mar 27, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #91 of 13,350

Quote:
Sorry to hear that.
frown.gif
. What was broken on it?

The power won't turn on, no sound, no LED light...nothing........just enjoyed the silence.......with my HD 800...

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #92 of 13,350
I am new to this community but have been learning everything I can.  I just picked up my first pair of good HeadPhones and am looking for an amp and dac.  (GRado RS-1 btw)  I thought maybe that I wanted a rig for both home and portable and am very close to pulling the trigger on the Cypher Labs Algorythm Solo and Ray Samuels SR-71B.  Now having learned about the Schiit line I am thinking I could save myself some money on the components and use it to buy other headphones that I want.  I know I will lose the portability.  Do you all think the Schiit pieces will pair well with the Grado RS-1's?  Thanks

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #93 of 13,350

Quote:
The power won't turn on, no sound, no LED light...nothing........just enjoyed the silence.......with my HD 800...

Are you going to get it exchanged? The Asgard/HD800 is a fine combo (see my sig). 

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #96 of 13,350
I am new to this community but have been learning everything I can.  I just picked up my first pair of good HeadPhones and am looking for an amp and dac.  (GRado RS-1 btw)  I thought maybe that I wanted a rig for both home and portable and am very close to pulling the trigger on the Cypher Labs Algorythm Solo and Ray Samuels SR-71B.  Now having learned about the Schiit line I am thinking I could save myself some money on the components and use it to buy other headphones that I want.  I know I will lose the portability.  Do you all think the Schiit pieces will pair well with the Grado RS-1's?  Thanks

The Asgard is supposedly the best fit for the Grado's. I have one on the way to try with my PS500's.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #97 of 13,350
I am using Schiit Asgard Amp with a Schiit Biforst dac feed with a Denon dvd-2930ci. My headphones are Grado PS 500 and I love the combination. With the 500's i can hear the difference just by changing out sources, and changing dacs. For the Price the Schiit Line works great with the Grados. This frees up my Bel Canto Dac 3.5vb for my main audio system (Summit X's) and lets me use my Esoteric sa60 and Lexcion rt20 in my dali Helicon 400's.

I was originally using a denon dvd-3930ci as my source to the Asgard and loved the combo, nice seperation and all. Then i started playing with dacs and comparing them to straight sources. I am extremely happy with the soundstage the Biforst gives with the Asgard amp and dvd-2930ci as source. Its actually better than using the 3930ci straight to amp. Musics more layered, wider soundstage! When I first plugged in the Biforst I could tell it was sweet, but with no run in the bass was all muddy(Boomy), but the soundstage was vastly improved. After 48 hours of straight music playing thru system everything came together and I have been thrilled with it since. Vocals are amazing on the 500's and i really like Acoustic music thru them. Strunz and Farah, and Armik have never sounded better. Heck even Mars lasar, Underworld, Arkenstones, Paul Oakenfold sound great. My favorites has to be female vocals, check out Lovespirals and Karmacoda. One cd that caught me by surprise is Madonnas Ray of light, wonderful, well layered, wide soundstage, 3d effects!

Is it as good as my Martin Logan Summit X system, nope, but for headphones I am extremely happy. So happy I am considering buying Grado Ps1000's next.

Mar 29, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #100 of 13,350
Sweet.  I love how my 990s sound on my Asgard, which is voiced similarly to the Valhalla. 

Quote:
I am a new owner of a Bifrost -> Valhalla -> Beyer DT990/600ohm and I'm loving it.
I feel like I can call myself an audiophile now!

Not much love for the Valhalla in this thread?

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #101 of 13,350

Quote:
I am a new owner of a Bifrost -> Valhalla -> Beyer DT990/600ohm and I'm loving it.

Post some pictures of this setup, please? I'd love to see what the Bifrost looks like with the Valhalla!

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #103 of 13,350
I just got my Bifrost a few weeks ago and teamed it with my Valhalla.  Here's a shot of them with my two most favorite cans.  The HD650 being top dog.  The Bifrost and Valhalla combination make both cans sing like never before.  
biggrin.gif
    I know, tacky source indicator light covers on the Bifrost  but those led's are just too bright. 
tongue.gif

Quote:

Mar 29, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #104 of 13,350
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 29, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #105 of 13,350

Users who are viewing this thread

Back