Schiit Owners Unite
Mar 29, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #106 of 13,350

Quote:
Jason, do those amps haves the same vertical height as your other amps, just longer horizontally?

They're a lot bigger in width and depth, but the height is the same.

Statement stuff will be a lot deeper. And taller.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #107 of 13,350
I'm pretty stoked about the new Schiit, especially some statement Schiit.

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #108 of 13,350

Quote:

They're a lot bigger in width and depth, but the height is the same.

Statement stuff will be a lot deeper. And taller.

Alright, very cool. One last question (not too get more detail, but I'm really interested), how heavy are these two new products in comparison to the other ones that you currently have?

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #110 of 13,350
I just got my Lyr / Bitfrost combo in the mail, and hooked it up.  The Lyr runs pretty hot.  Should I be worried about stacking it on top of the bitfrost, which covers the air vents?

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #111 of 13,350

Quote:
I just got my Lyr / Bitfrost combo in the mail, and hooked it up.  The Lyr runs pretty hot.  Should I be worried about stacking it on top of the bitfrost, which covers the air vents?

It's OK, just don't cover the Lyr.

Mar 30, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #112 of 13,350
I love this section of the Asgard FAQ, but I seem to be the only one who has read it .....

You know, Asgard runs really hot?
You know, Asgard’s chassis is its heat-sink, and that it is a Class-A amplifier? Yep, it runs hot.

Like, very hot?
Like, very hot. It’s OK. We’re well within the limits of the output devices. Remember, there’s a 5-year warranty on our products. We have to be damn certain they’ll survive.

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #113 of 13,350

Quote:
I love this section of the Asgard FAQ, but I seem to be the only one who has read it .....

You know, Asgard runs really hot?
You know, Asgard’s chassis is its heat-sink, and that it is a Class-A amplifier? Yep, it runs hot.

Like, very hot?
Like, very hot. It’s OK. We’re well within the limits of the output devices. Remember, there’s a 5-year warranty on our products. We have to be damn certain they’ll survive.

I've read them all through, they make me laugh every time. Especially the Gungnir one.

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #114 of 13,350
I don't think the airvents on the Bifrost are actually real.. too lazy to lift the Lyr to check haha

Quote:

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #116 of 13,350

Quote:

I've read it. Otherwise I would have returned the Asgard by now. It's SERIOUSLY hot.

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #119 of 13,350

Quote:
Imo the heat from Asgard is nothing. Couple of my tube amps run much much hotter. And they are still alive and kicking :)

Wow, really? If the Asgard gets any hotter I'll have problems adjusting the volume!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back