Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 20, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #10,504 of 13,350
No problem. Does anyone know whether the Magni pairs well with HD600s? I've been considering getting one for a while.

It will drive them just fine. As far as synergy goes, I'm not sure. I'm getting my hd650 in the mail any day now, and I will be pairing it with my magni/modi stack.

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #10,505 of 13,350
I just had 2 different machines on 2 different networks catch Win32/Dorv.A!rfn trojan in the Windows 10 driver and the 2 different Windows 7 & 8 drivers just downloaded from Schiit.com/drivers. Windows Defender on one machine and Microsoft Security Essentials on another. I don't know if these are false positives, but it doesn't appear to be. I just sent an email to Schiit. Has anyone else seen this?

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #10,506 of 13,350
I just had 2 different machines on 2 different networks catch Win32/Dorv.A!rfn trojan in the Windows 10 driver and the 2 different Windows 7 & 8 drivers just downloaded from Schiit.com/drivers. Windows Defender on one machine and Microsoft Security Essentials on another. I don't know if these are false positives, but it doesn't appear to be. I just sent an email to Schiit. Has anyone else seen this?

I just downloaded both, then scanned both in Zip form using an up-to-date avast!, and then the folders and all files after extracting.  No threats found.

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #10,508 of 13,350
Thanks for checking. Maybe they are false positives then. Both Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials are up to date also.

I didn't realize they have newer versions, so thanks for getting me there 
smily_headphones1.gif
  Hopefully others using different anti-virus programs will report back.

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #10,510 of 13,350
Even Microsoft has said windows security is not a sufficient program. Better download avira and malwarebytes. They're both free.

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #10,511 of 13,350
Even Microsoft has said windows security is not a sufficient program. Better download avira and malwarebytes. They're both free.

I have Malwarebytes Pro. To be honest I never encounter viruses or trojans on my machines. Both Defender and Essentials have worked well for me over the years.

Nick @ Schiit replied that they are looking into this and believe it is a false positive.

Aug 21, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #10,513 of 13,350

I saw the EXACT same thing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back