Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 21, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #10,516 of 13,350

I just scanned the zip file of the Windows 10 driver on Jotti's Viruscan and 1 out of 21 scanners reported malware.

https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/filescanjob/n6vnm4cdo8

Aug 21, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #10,517 of 13,350
And that one scanner that reported a threat states that it found; PUA.Packed.PECompact-1

PUA.Packed.PECompact-1 is a fake malware detection displayed by rogue security software. Rogueware will display fake system scanners and report threats such as PUA.Packed.PECompact-1 to coerce users into purchasing it.

Aug 22, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #10,518 of 13,350
Just found this thread and subbed.  I've owned Schiit equipment for a couple years.  A2, BiFrost, Gungnir, Mjolnir, and Wyrd.  Now of course looking at the GMB upgrade.  I'm sure there is a ton of interesting info in the 702 pages here, will review at my leasure...just wanted to say Hi.

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #10,521 of 13,350
Who's going to get some of the new Schiit came out with? Would getting the Valhalla2 with the solid state tubes be good?

From schiit's faq for LISST

Hey, this is cool! Can I use them anywhere a 6922 is used?
Not necessarily. We designed these tubes specifically for our tube hybrid products—Mjolnir 2, Lyr 2, and Lyr. Those are the only products we guarantee they’ll work in.

But I can try them in other stuff, right?
Again, no guarantees. They might not work. They might get too hot. They might fail. Don’t blame us—we’re being very clear on LISST being for Schiit devices only. 

How about Valhalla? Valhalla 2?
Valhalla 2 sure, but why?

Aug 24, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #10,526 of 13,350
Ok, I'll just sick with the regular tubes then, I'm limited to IEMs, so would the valhala2 be great for a tube sound with IEMs? I might get the klipsch X11i soon

Isn't the Valhalla 2 meant more for higher impedance cans? I sold my Valhalla 2 and bought a new Lyr 2 to not only drive my Audezes but also run my JH16s every once and a while... Turns out the JH16s were still a bit too sensitive for the Lyr 2. I don't fault the Lyr 2 for that, I fault vacuum tubes... Having purchased the LISSTs, my Lyr 2 has turned into an extremely versatile amp. Tubes used with my cans
gs1000.gif
, LISSTs used with my CIEMS. 
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 24, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #10,527 of 13,350
Does anyone use Klipsch IEMs with Schiit? How well do they sound? I'm thinking of upgrading to the klipsch X11 from my klipsch something g3

I don't have the X11's, but I do have the Klipsch X7 and X10's and I use them a lot for audiobooks in my office system because they're very comfortable. Both the X7 and X10 work very well with the Asgard 2, no background noise at all and it has more juice than they'll ever need. 

Do the X11 use a different driver than the X10? The reason I ask is there have been great prices on Klipsch IEM's at Amazon lately...paid about $40 for the X7's and you'll sometimes find the X10's for about $120.

Aug 25, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #10,528 of 13,350
I have found acouple high impedance IEMs, I might get acouple pairs of them soon, would a high impedance iem work? Thanks and what's the diffrence now using the LISST Tubes?
Isn't the Valhalla 2 meant more for higher impedance cans? I sold my Valhalla 2 and bought a new Lyr 2 to not only drive my Audezes but also run my JH16s every once and a while... Turns out the JH16s were still a bit too sensitive for the Lyr 2. I don't fault the Lyr 2 for that, I fault vacuum tubes... Having purchased the LISSTs, my Lyr 2 has turned into an extremely versatile amp. Tubes used with my cans :gs1000smile: , LISSTs used with my CIEMS. :ksc75smile:

Aug 25, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #10,529 of 13,350
Ok great, I'm wanting to have a wider rang for sound and quality to use with my Schiit (magi modi), I might get the Bifrost latter on, but how is the new modi über, good? With the new connections to switch, would I be able to get a aux cord and listen to my radio or iphone directly through Schiit?
I don't have the X11's, but I do have the Klipsch X7 and X10's and I use them a lot for audiobooks in my office system because they're very comfortable. Both the X7 and X10 work very well with the Asgard 2, no background noise at all and it has more juice than they'll ever need. 

Do the X11 use a different driver than the X10? The reason I ask is there have been great prices on Klipsch IEM's at Amazon lately...paid about $40 for the X7's and you'll sometimes find the X10's for about $120.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back