Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 25, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #10,531 of 13,350
With being limited to IEM"s,
What's the highest/best Schiit that would be good to use?
Would I hear a good enough diffrence/quality of I got the valhalla2 for IEMs?

I use the Gungnir and Asgard 2 in my office and the A2 does a great job with IEM's...I've used several Klipsch (X5, X7 and X10's) and my Westone W40's with it. I've never tried the Valhalla 2 though I've only read great things about, yet I'm not sure that it's the best choice for lower impedance IEM's. I see that it has an output impedance of 14 Ohms on high gain and 3.5 Ohms on low gain. Last year I used a Parasound Zdac in my bedroom setup and its headphone amp has a 10 Ohm output impedance and it made my 16 Ohm Klipsch sound lifeless. The Zdac's headphone amp isn't nearly as good as "any" of the stand alone Schitt amps, but I do believe that the higher output impedance hurt its performance with the Klipsch IEM's.  

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #10,532 of 13,350
Ok,
So in your opinion,
Would klipsch X11 or something be good to get? Or could shure- Be better?
i havnt heard tube sound but I read reviews that the tubes bring out guitar more and quality. I found 20ohm IEMs that I like,
Is it better to get higher or lower ohms?
Thanks!
I use the Gungnir and Asgard 2 in my office and the A2 does a great job with IEM's...I've used several Klipsch (X5, X7 and X10's) and my Westone W40's with it. I've never tried the Valhalla 2 though I've only read great things about, yet I'm not sure that it's the best choice for lower impedance IEM's. I see that it has an output impedance of 14 Ohms on high gain and 3.5 Ohms on low gain. Last year I used a Parasound Zdac in my bedroom setup and its headphone amp has a 10 Ohm output impedance and it made my 16 Ohm Klipsch sound lifeless. The Zdac's headphone amp isn't nearly as good as "any" of the stand alone Schitt amps, but I do believe that the higher output impedance hurt its performance with the Klipsch IEM's.  

Aug 26, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #10,533 of 13,350
I haven't heard the Klipsch X11's...not sure if they're worth the extra cash over the much cheaper (at Amazon) X10's. I use my X10's or X7's for audiobooks because they're very comfortable, but I much prefer my Westones (very comfortable as well) for music listening. The X11's like the X10's are single armature driver IEM's and in my opinion the X11's are priced a bit high for a single driver...then again you may love them. Just make sure that you have the choice to return the IEM's if you're not pleased with them. 

I think the Asgard 2 would be a great choice for you, that or the less expensive Magni 2. Good luck!

Aug 26, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #10,534 of 13,350
Thank you! I have the magni and Modi right now and Want a tube sound or the best by Schiit that works well with IEMs because I'm stuck with IEMs
I haven't heard the Klipsch X11's...not sure if they're worth the extra cash over the much cheaper (at Amazon) X10's. I use my X10's or X7's for audiobooks because they're very comfortable, but I much prefer my Westones (very comfortable as well) for music listening. The X11's like the X10's are single armature driver IEM's and in my opinion the X11's are priced a bit high for a single driver...then again you may love them. Just make sure that you have the choice to return the IEM's if you're not pleased with them. 

I think the Asgard 2 would be a great choice for you, that or the less expensive Magni 2. Good luck!

Aug 27, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #10,535 of 13,350
How good/revealing/etc would one's amps & speakers have to be to hear the difference between the Bifrost Uber and the Gungnir multibit?   

Similarly, the GMB and the Yggdrasil?

Just wondering where up the scale I need to be looking.  I currently have a Bifrost Uber.

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #10,536 of 13,350
  How good/revealing/etc would one's amps & speakers have to be to hear the difference between the Bifrost Uber and the Gungnir multibit?   

Similarly, the GMB and the Yggdrasil?

Just wondering where up the scale I need to be looking.  I currently have a Bifrost Uber.

+1

I realize this has a lot to do with each of our individual ears, but I would love it someone would try to give a good answer to that other than "listen to them for yourself" - which obviously is the best way to go. In my case it is not practical due to living outside the US and in the middle of nowhere. So I depend on good reviews and answers to make purchases. So far it has worked out real well for me thanks to many who post great answers and comprehensive reviews.

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #10,538 of 13,350
Well, it is. My friend bought the Modi 2 Uber for me from his account, but I wrote my name to shipping thing. So they voided warranty because of that. They tought a second hand sale involved. Simple misunderstanding. But they are not willing to fix it. I don't know what to do... 

Try to put it in perspective. We shouldn't stake our lives on mere products. Things break or wear out or go obsolete all the time. There will always be problems with boxes and gadgets, they are not guaranteed to make or keep us happy.

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #10,539 of 13,350
  Well, it is. My friend bought the Modi 2 Uber for me from his account, but I wrote my name to shipping thing. So they voided warranty because of that. They tought a second hand sale involved. Simple misunderstanding. But they are not willing to fix it. I don't know what to do... 

Why don't you ask your friend from whose account it was bought, to do it for you? 

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #10,540 of 13,350
Aug 27, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #10,542 of 13,350
Talk to a friend or family or doctor or a "hot line" for support please. A consumer product company isn't the problem here.

That was my ideas as well. :)
I understand that equipment that breaks down is not what we want but it happens (and if it didn't happen yet, some day it will).
I had a plasma screen, 3 yr warranty and you've guessed it, after 4 yrs it broke down. Bought a new one...I don't go out every night so I could save up some money to buy it.
I sure hope my Asgard 2 and Modi2Uber will stay with me for long, but eventually it will break down and I'm already 'saving up' for that time.
Hope things work out with Schiit.

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #10,543 of 13,350
  I did. I'll just copy paste the reply;

"the warranty is void, so none of the costs are covered"

edit: They have the names and serial numbers. We can't just send it. They would notice. Then I asked what happens if my friend sends the device. This is the reply of this.

If something is sent in under warranty by the original purchaser, it's covered, period. If your product was purchased by a friend, who is the original purchaser and is now trying to send it in for service, have him contact amy@schiit.com and it will be covered.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back