Schiit Owners Unite
Aug 18, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #10,486 of 13,350
Originally Posted by Angular Mo
 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2) Does the Vali pair well sonically with the Bifrost Uber?  I ask because I want to sample a bit (puns intended) of Tube-love, and am not ready to make the leap to a Lyr2.  Were I to buy the Asgard, then I likely would never taste a tube.

I'll answer that by saying that I noticed a more dramatic improvement going from the Modi to The Bifrost Uber, than I did by upgrading from the Vali to the Lyr 2. I was expecting the opposite. So yes, a Vali/Bifrost combo should sound really good as long as you don't need the extra juice that the Lyr 2 has.

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #10,488 of 13,350
As I await the next sale on an hd650, I'm really enjoying my hd595 with me new modi/magni stack. Noticing an increase in depth and soundstage for sure. Probably more the dac than the amp though that I'm noticing. Finally getting a much cleaner sound because of it.

My synth wave music is also thumping a bit harder.

Where does the 650 typically go on sale and for how much? For some reason getting very curious about them. 

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #10,489 of 13,350

Where does the 650 typically go on sale and for how much? For some reason getting very curious about them. 

It is Sennheiser so it can be hit or miss with sales as they usually keep pretty good price control with their dealers.  Off hand I don't really remember seeing them on sale directly; I just remember the black Friday a couple years ago Sennheiser directly put them on sale on their website for like 200 or 250, but I haven't seen that since.  I think Best Buy has done sales of them occasionally and other places have but I don't think they are on any set rotation or anything.  Except the HD700's which always seem to be on sale.

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #10,490 of 13,350

It is Sennheiser so it can be hit or miss with sales as they usually keep pretty good price control with their dealers.  Off hand I don't really remember seeing them on sale directly; I just remember the black Friday a couple years ago Sennheiser directly put them on sale on their website for like 200 or 250, but I haven't seen that since.  I think Best Buy has done sales of them occasionally and other places have but I don't think they are on any set rotation or anything.  Except the HD700's which always seem to be on sale.

Check slickdeals.net.  This year they went on sale for around $300 at least 3-4 times.  Buysonic had them for $300 a few days ago but I missed it.

Adorama used to have a bunch of sales.  Right now they are getting in the habit of bundling the HD600 or 650 with 2-300 dollars worth of extra equipment (amps, speakers, etc).

I only need the headphones though, so I'm waiting for them to drop to $350 or lower.

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #10,493 of 13,350

Which reminds me, what does everyone use to set up deal alerts?

Usually I just get online and slickdeals and a couple other websites manually every day.

For Amazon I use the camelcamelcamel Chrome extension. You set the prices for new, used, and third party used, and whether you get an alert for it via email.

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #10,498 of 13,350
  Hi
I live in Tokyo Japan.
I have just purchased Schiit Vali. 
and now trying to purchase Schiit tube amps Valhalla2.
Please let me know about Valhalla2.
Does Valhalla2 can run at Japanese AC100V power???

Thank you.

It seems like on their website it only takes 115V or 230v depending on which one you get. Perhaps there's a 100v to 115v step-up adapter you could get somewhere?
I think this would work: http://www.soundhouse.co.jp/products/detail/item/69361/

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #10,499 of 13,350
  Hi
I live in Tokyo Japan.
I have just purchased Schiit Vali. 
and now trying to purchase Schiit tube amps Valhalla2.
Please let me know about Valhalla2.
Does Valhalla2 can run at Japanese AC100V power???

Thank you.

You should just email Schiit directly.  schiit.com

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #10,500 of 13,350
  It seems like on their website it only takes 115V or 230v depending on which one you get. Perhaps there's a 100v to 115v step-up adapter you could get somewhere?
I think this would work: http://www.soundhouse.co.jp/products/detail/item/69361/

Thank you for reply!
I searched Transformer at Amazon.co.jp, And yes I found some cheap stepup adapters. I will purchase it.
Thank you for your help! I will buy Valhalla2. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back