Sansa Fuze vs. Clip vs. Clip +?
Apr 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #47 of 58
thanks. I am charging it ...almost 3.5 hours and still charging, hope it won't take too long, i am dying to hear it already. with all the hype about this player i just had to get one and listen to myself,I also saw a few comments on the clip+ sounds better than cowon D2 and equal to s9, and if that's true...
beerchug.gif

anyway,I will have to check it for myself.
I wonder how will it be with my RS1, anyone tried it with a grado?

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #48 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks. I am charging it ...almost 3.5 hours and still charging, hope it won't take too long, i am dying to hear it already. with all the hype about this player i just had to get one and listen to myself,I also saw a few comments on the clip+ sounds better than cowon D2 and equal to s9, and if that's true...
beerchug.gif

anyway,I will have to check it for myself.
I wonder how will it be with my RS1, anyone tried it with a grado?

Imo , Clip+ is in a diff league as S9 . But if u're toking abt flat eq , yeah Clip+ sounds better .

Apr 16, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #49 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hentai11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely the 8GB. If you know you'll need the memory, might as well buy it on the front side.

I've never met a memory space I couldn't fill.

P.S.: MicroSDHC is all upside. If you're Rockboxing--and you should be--you're keeping a close eye on battery life anyway; this won't be your cross-country rig. Moreover, market price is running about $2 a gig up to 16gigs.

I bought the 2gb version. Locally, the 8gb would cost $35 more. And you can buy a 16gb micro sdhc card for $15-20 on fleabay. Not worth the extra imo.

Apr 17, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #51 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really thinking about getting a 16gb card off of ebay. I'm currently swapping the 4 gig one from my phone but having... 24 gigs of memory with me would be awesome.

I have 16GB card in my Clip+ and it is filling to the neck, even my D2+ (16+32GB) is about to reach the neck. I really wish Sansa can release a 16+GB simple player (like clip+ but bigger is ok) with micro/SDXC slot and longer battery life. I love how Clip+ sound better than other source I have.

Aug 25, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #52 of 58

Quote:
I got a Sansa Clip yesterday and all I can say is - amazing SQ. Totally amazing. I'm questioning my Ipod Classic + iBasso D4..
Sure the Ipod + LOD + D4 sound a tiny bit more high res and adds a bit more sound stage, but for the money the Clip is crazy good sounding. Better than all of the Cowon players I have owned (all compared with flat EQ).

so how is the eq on the sansa clip?  3 band 5 band or presets?

thanks

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #54 of 58
Or just pre-process the files before transferring them onto the Clip. I do it and love the results.

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #55 of 58
my biggest gripe with clip+ is only battery life on flac playback. Average 5.5 hours and thats unacceptable for todays standard. Battery indicator is another minor gripe, like pointed out by some member here and in my experience, soon as it reached 1/3 then your probably have about 30mins of playing time left which is highly inaccurate

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #56 of 58

Quote:
my biggest gripe with clip+ is only battery life on flac playback. Average 5.5 hours and thats unacceptable for todays standard. Battery indicator is another minor gripe, like pointed out by some member here and in my experience, soon as it reached 1/3 then your probably have about 30mins of playing time left which is highly inaccurate

Rockbox improves that by quite a bit, I believe....I couldn't say how much more, though, because I leave the flac on my computer.

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #58 of 58

Quote:
Tried rockbox but apparently didnt work......wont recognize tracks added to external memory after initial songs are added

Did you update the database?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back