Sansa Clip+ Impressions
Jul 28, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #76 of 317
the E2 seems like a good player to me but not having the ability to expand the storage is quite a bit of an issue...if the E2 does have the memory expansion slot then I would have choosed the E2 above the clip+

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #77 of 317
are there any crystal hard case for the clip+?? my gf has a sony mp3 player and i always tell her how annoying they are (you have to use their specific software and reads only their specific format of music) but i'm still jealous of their case tho, they are a perfect fit crystal case that also has rubber button from outside, almost like underwater housing for cameras.

Sep 1, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #78 of 317
for those unimpressed with the clip SQ, have you tried Rockbox too?

I'm not here to claim it'll change everything, rather I'm curious to find out what you thought of it.
I'm in need of a portable player, and weighing in the options right now.

Sep 1, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #79 of 317

Quote:
for those unimpressed with the clip SQ, have you tried Rockbox too?

I'm not here to claim it'll change everything, rather I'm curious to find out what you thought of it.
I'm in need of a portable player, and weighing in the options right now.

yes

Its offers it tuning options (vast array) but doesn't fix the inherent deficiencies that software can't fix.  You might like it though.  Many people w/ certain phones will probably never notice they are missing anything.  Try it out its cheap.  I got a 2Gb for $27.  I use mine for being active and if I step on it and smash it I really don't care, my SD card should be fine.

Sep 1, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #80 of 317
I use rockbox since the UI is better imo. It's a decent player. It's not the worst but it's also not the best. It does better with BA than dynamics however. It's also cheap and pretty well built. I don't think it's going to start breaking anytime soon considering how small and light it is. I got a 8GB for $40 and it has lasted me a couple months. Of course I only use it on my commute which is more or less sleeping on the subway..

Sep 6, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #81 of 317
I recently lost my Clip+ and it turned up literally on my doorstep today. Which is a massive relief.
I went back to using my iPod 5.5g for everything and was really missing the size and features of my humble Clip+. I don't know how long my Clip+ has been sitting on my doorstep prior to me finding it but today we have severe hail and rain... it turned straight on and played music fine!
This is the second time my Clip+ has has a bath and both times it comes out sounding as good as ever.

So again. Hats off to the Clip+ and long live rockbox!

Sep 6, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #82 of 317
iPod touch 3g < Sansa Clip < Sony Walkman

On the whole, the Clip gets the lion's share of mp3 time because it's so freaking convenient.  I have ShureSE530s and I just clip the Clip onto my lapel or bag and no problems with the short length of the SE530s. 

Sound is disappointing only in comparison to the symphonically induced orgasm I was told to expect.  Otherwise it's quite solid as a player, especially after some EQ tweaks.

It goes without saying that the Sony outworks both the Clip and touch by a factor of 10.  Listening experience is amazing.

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #83 of 317
I just got the Clip+ yesterday, I gotta say I really expected a lot better sound quality wise coming from a flac player.  My 3rd gen ipod touch has a better sound stage and sounds clearer.  I've read numerous threads about it and made sure I had the correct settings, but it just lags behind the others in my experience.  I was planning to return it today, but then last night I realized it would make a great bed side mp3 player.  So now it (and Melec M6) stay on my bedside table. 

Very happy with the purchase now!

Sep 6, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #84 of 317

Quote:
I just got the Clip+ yesterday, I gotta say I really expected a lot better sound quality wise coming from a flac player.  My 3rd gen ipod touch has a better sound stage and sounds clearer.  I've read numerous threads about it and made sure I had the correct settings, but it just lags behind the others in my experience.  I was planning to return it today, but then last night I realized it would make a great bed side mp3 player.  So now it (and Melec M6) stay on my bedside table. 

Very happy with the purchase now!

Rockbox it, it's a whole 'nother player afterward.

Sep 6, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #85 of 317
I agree that the sound quality of the clip is overrated. I had an ipod before the clip, and my immediate reaction was that the ipod had a better sound quality. However, I dont think the sound quality of the clip is as bad as I initially thought it was. I think the ipod line has a really 'cold' sound. I may have been used to that sound, making the clip sound muffled and lacking detail in comparison. I still think the clip is a good value, but you have to keep in mind that this tiny player isnt going to blow you away with sound quality. Mine is rockboxed but it doesnt magically make the sound quality better lol. It is cool that it lets you play m4a files, gapless playback, etc. Im happy with mine too--also using it in bed and on the go.

Sep 6, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #86 of 317
Sep 6, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #87 of 317
Rockbox is great at offering a multitude of user defined settings.  It does not have a 'make my Clip+ turn into a whole different player that crushes everything' setting.  Sorry.

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #88 of 317

Quote:
Rockbox is great at offering a multitude of user defined settings.  It does not have a 'make my Clip+ turn into a whole different player that crushes everything' setting.  Sorry.

True. But with a better EQ it does turn your "just ok" sounding headphones into a "considerably better sounding pair of headphones."
wink.gif

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #89 of 317

Quote:

x2

This is coming from someone who absolutely loves their clip+. Rockbox and clip+ is very good but it does not magically make it into a much better player. I've noticed that the OF to rockbox in terms of sound is very minor with both being flat. Rockbox is great for lots of codec support, EQ capabilities, better navigation, skins, and overall just many ways to tweak it which is great. I like the clip+ as much as the next guy but let's not make it something it isn't. It doesn't crush everything but does very well.

It is however a great buy. It's not the best dap but definitely not the worst. At the price of the clip+ it performs very admirably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back