Sansa Clip+ Impressions
Jan 10, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #302 of 317
A while back I broke the clip off of my clip+ (making it a Sansa+?) Anyway I've become accustomed to just carrying the now thinner Sansa+ in my pocket. only problem is when I want to pull it out. I usually end up pulling out my headphones and having to dig in my pocket to fish it out (sucks if your sitting down. I'm lazy). So I opted to add a lanyard. I used my palm drill (AKA pin vice) to bore a 1.5mm hole through the corner of my Sansa and it worked great! Now I can use the lanyard to pull out the player with no chance of damaging my phones. Sansa lanyard+??

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #303 of 317
For anyone in a similar position I can strongly recommend this stuff..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004AQFBE0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used it to keep together a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & a Fiio E18 and it worked perfectly. It's rock solid when it's joined yet still detachable. I only used a 2in strip on the case of the phone and the same on the amp. I 1in piece would be enough to hold the Sansa to pretty much anything. In fact, I'm going out to the car to see where I can fit my Clip+

It'll sew on to clothes too but I don't know how it would deal with being washed repeatedly.

Just some thoughts.

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #304 of 317
My two Clips seem to not hold a charge for very long or charge up to full capacity, I was thinking of trying one of these out later: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261868751332

The stock battery is 3.7V and ~3.2x30x36mm (with slight room to spare in the casing) and the one linked is 3.0x30x35mm, thus it will fit.  Anyone ever replaced a battery?

I thought of trying this one as well, since its capacity is a bit more while still having the right dimensions to fit inside of the units: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221936229022
Larger capacity batteries are around, sure, but none fit in the Clip+ beyond this one.

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #305 of 317
  My two Clips seem to not hold a charge for very long or charge up to full capacity, I was thinking of trying one of these out later: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261868751332

The stock battery is 3.7V and ~3.2x30x36mm (with slight room to spare in the casing) and the one linked is 3.0x30x35mm, thus it will fit.  Anyone ever replaced a battery?

I thought of trying this one as well, since its capacity is a bit more while still having the right dimensions to fit inside of the units: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221936229022
Larger capacity batteries are around, sure, but none fit in the Clip+ beyond this one.

I haven't done this with a clip+ but I did it a couple of years ago with a cheap tablet. My advice: since the battery leads are soldered to the board, cut them off as close to the original battery as you can (leaving yourself as much wire coming off the motherboard as you can) and just splice the wires on the new battery to the old leads. It worked perfectly fine on the tablet. You can get heat shrink tubing to cover the splices -- instead of black tape -- on eBay or elsewhere.

I'm sure you've probably already seen them, but there are disassembly videos on Youtube.

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #306 of 317
Indeed I have, that is how I measured the batteries' dimensions and seen how much room to spare there is in there.

Feb 24, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #307 of 317
Just wanted to post here to say that my clip+'s headphone jack has failed again. This is the third or fourth clip+ I've had and they all have the same issues. I take it into a local store here in Toronto to get repaired, but it's very annoying!

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #308 of 317
  Just wanted to post here to say that my clip+'s headphone jack has failed again. This is the third or fourth clip+ I've had and they all have the same issues. I take it into a local store here in Toronto to get repaired, but it's very annoying!

Why not just buy a better music player? Even the Benjie S5 at $30 CAN is a 100 times better. But I would suggest the Colorfly C3 for $50 US

Feb 24, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #309 of 317
In what way is the Benjie "100 times better"? It looks at least 3 times the size which would rule it out for me.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #311 of 317

Is the failure caused by plugging/unplugging cables? If so, why not buy a 10cm long 3.5mm extension cord. $1.49 on eBay. Just leave it in and never unplug from the clip again.

If the cause is stress (pressure on the cable/plug end putting pressure on the jack internals), would a right angle plug end help?

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #315 of 317
As far as I know the only models Sony makes that do cost a fortune which rules them out for portable use, for me at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back