Sansa Clip+ Impressions
Dec 31, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #286 of 317
I've had my clip+ ($60?/Amazon) for about 2 years now but it's now freezing on some pairs of headphones. Maybe they are too powerful for the small player? 

Sennheiser HD219's freeze.the player.
JBL Synchros E10's freeze the player.

Which headphones do you use with it?

Dec 31, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #287 of 317
I've had my clip+ ($60?/Amazon) for about 2 years now but it's now freezing on some pairs of headphones. Maybe they are too powerful for the small player? 

Sennheiser HD219's freeze.the player.
JBL Synchros E10's freeze the player.

Which headphones do you use with it?

Never heard of this problem before on the Clip+.Are you using Rockbox? The headphones should not freeze player.

Jan 1, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #288 of 317
Happy New Year!
beerchug.gif

Jan 1, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #291 of 317
Download Rockbox immediately and install it.
Will take your Clip+ to another level.

Thanks! I did so. 

After getting a few errors installing, it finally worked. 

I installed the HI-FI theme. I'm not sure if that's the best, and the writing/print is really small.

Jan 2, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #294 of 317
There is a theme called Blind, everything is very big.And to be able to change to font size you need to install the whole fonts package to have all the sizes.

Thanks, I'll check that out if I didn't brick my Sansa. I tried to reinstall Rockbox and it's been frozen for an hour with a USB plug on it. Oh well.

Jan 3, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #295 of 317

Jan 3, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #296 of 317
Cool. Thanks, you're cool. :)

PS: I forgot to add some themes to my Rockboxed clip, do I just need to install them by loading the software or do I have to rockbox it again? (I can't figure out how.)

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #298 of 317
My wife bought my black 8GB sansa clip years ago mainly because it was small and had good capacity and expandability. She nor I had any idea of the amazing sound it produced and I also didn't have any headphones to properly use such a device so it eventually went into a box full of old cell phones and other dead devices. Until I discovered head-fi after buying a set of Koss portapro headphones and being blown away! I now have too many headphones to count, my clip has been Rockboxed for years and stays in constant rotation. I really cant give much of an impression of Rockbox because Ive been using it so long I dont remember how it compares to the original firmware but I know I like the layout and its ease of use. I find myself picking up my clip more and more.

I do have one problem though however. I've snapped the clip off my clip! now its just a sansa
frown.gif
 anyone have any ideas on attaching a new clip or possibly a small hook? I'm stumped...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back