RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post images . Monitors pg 1
Apr 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #1,171 of 1,220
Thanks guys for your quick replies, very helpful.

Last night I listened to the IPC+Mustng+T5p for a few hours, couldn't put the headphones down until 2am. Just love the combo :D.

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #1,172 of 1,220
This is my first adventure in headamp,  After searching and finaly finding the best in IEM (for me, imo) It's time now to get the best in portable amp!

After reading many threads here, time come to look now for the best amp for my new iem.  I think Mustang will fit, will get the best synergy with my W4r. and my iTouch pod Is it true?

Predator, Tomahack or Blackhawks? Also, what kind of cable (brand/model) I will need and at what cost, to connect all these to my iTouch?

Pete!

A+ 
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #1,173 of 1,220
...Just an update.. have been listening to mine for around 4 years and it is still going strong. Love the P-51!

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #1,174 of 1,220
  ...Just an update.. have been listening to mine for around 4 years and it is still going strong. Love the P-51!

Yep a great little amp that has held up fine with time. No reason it won't be great for a long time. 

Jan 25, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #1,175 of 1,220
Could somebody tell me the exact specification of the charger; 5V, how many amps, and exactly what size of plug. Thanks

Jan 26, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #1,176 of 1,220
Could somebody tell me the exact specification of the charger; 5V, how many amps, and exactly what size of plug. Thanks

Email Ray at RSA. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #1,178 of 1,220
Lately I've been using my p-51 as a portable amp at work with my macbook pro, ODAC, and UERMs.  I'll have to say this is a little match made in heaven.  The UERMs are pretty efficient but they need a fair bit of current to really fill out all the space that they're capable of.  I remember when the P-51 first came out Ray's key claim was that it could swing twice the current as the tomahawk and I have no doubt of that.  Center sounds really LOCK dead center, snapped into focus, and distant off axis sounds are all placed in a very nice dimensional sound stage.  One of the first things I noticed about the P-51 when I first got it years ago was it's consistent imaging.  Sure the soundstage isn't as wide or as deep as some, but it sounds very real, doesn't try to stretch them out or anything.  For those of you who haven't had a chance to try the UERM and are looking for a pair of $1k IEMs i'd highly suggest these as they have some otherwordly sound stage imaging for IEMs or really anything for that matter.  Anyway just a few quick thoughts.  Happy listening everybody!!

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #1,180 of 1,220
I do not believe the battery is user replaceable. 

Jul 18, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #1,181 of 1,220
Lately I've been using my p-51 as a portable amp at work with my macbook pro, ODAC, and UERMs.  I'll have to say this is a little match made in heaven.  The UERMs are pretty efficient but they need a fair bit of current to really fill out all the space that they're capable of.  I remember when the P-51 first came out Ray's key claim was that it could swing twice the current as the tomahawk and I have no doubt of that.  Center sounds really LOCK dead center, snapped into focus, and distant off axis sounds are all placed in a very nice dimensional sound stage.  One of the first things I noticed about the P-51 when I first got it years ago was it's consistent imaging.  Sure the soundstage isn't as wide or as deep as some, but it sounds very real, doesn't try to stretch them out or anything.  For those of you who haven't had a chance to try the UERM and are looking for a pair of $1k IEMs i'd highly suggest these as they have some otherwordly sound stage imaging for IEMs or really anything for that matter.  Anyway just a few quick thoughts.  Happy listening everybody!!

Sorry, what is UERM and ODAC mean ? Is P-51 a DAC or headamp ? Is P-51 will be the best fighter or in a good synergy with my W4r ?

thx

Jul 18, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #1,182 of 1,220
Does anyone know if the battery is replaceable, and if soldering is needed to replace it?
P-51 uses Lithium Ion battery, it has to be soldered by a technician.
Cheers.

Jul 19, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #1,183 of 1,220
Sorry, what is UERM and ODAC mean ? Is P-51 a DAC or headamp ? Is P-51 will be the best fighter or in a good synergy with my W4r ?

thx

Sorry I should link products that I'm referring to.  UERM is the Ultimate Ears In ear reference monitors.  The ODAC is the Objective DAC, I have the pre-built one from JDS Labs.  The P-51 refers to the Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang headphone amplifier.  Links below.

UERM = http://pro.ultimateears.com/en-us/home/Reference-Monitors

ODAC = http://www.jdslabs.com/products/46/standalone-odac/

P-51 = http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/products/p-51

Jul 19, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #1,184 of 1,220
Sorry I should link products that I'm referring to.  UERM is the Ultimate Ears In ear reference monitors.  The ODAC is the Objective DAC, I have the pre-built one from JDS Labs.  The P-51 refers to the Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang headphone amplifier.  Links below.

UERM = http://pro.ultimateears.com/en-us/home/Reference-Monitors

ODAC = http://www.jdslabs.com/products/46/standalone-odac/

P-51 = http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/products/p-51
Thanks for the links!

$375.00 for the black P-51
$48.00 for the shipping.
4.2% pay-pal fee.
Total is $440.77

Is this a fair price ?

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #1,185 of 1,220
Thanks for the links!

$375.00 for the black P-51
$48.00 for the shipping.
4.2% pay-pal fee.
Total is $440.77

Is this a fair price ?

On top of that there will be brokerage ( I can't find their fee chart but it's based on the value in CDN dollars) and HST. There will be no duty as the amp is made in the USA so it falls under NAFTA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back