Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Nov 19, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #586 of 1,316
Is there any iOS 7 (by that I mean the current iPhone's "Music" theme) available for Rockbox to use with DX90? I ask about that and have become interested in Rockbox mainly because the iBasso theme is ruining the music experience for me. I just don't feel like choosing any artist, it doesn't spice me up to click on any music, and ultimately makes it less fun to hear music through the DX90 even if the sound is way better than off my iPhone 4s. What's happening these days is that I have to walk with both, and I search for the next song in my iPhone library and then select it in my DX90, which is pretty annoying.

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #588 of 1,316
  Is there any iOS 7 (by that I mean the current iPhone's "Music" theme) available for Rockbox to use with DX90? I ask about that and have become interested in Rockbox mainly because the iBasso theme is ruining the music experience for me. I just don't feel like choosing any artist, it doesn't spice me up to click on any music, and ultimately makes it less fun to hear music through the DX90 even if the sound is way better than off my iPhone 4s. What's happening these days is that I have to walk with both, and I search for the next song in my iPhone library and then select it in my DX90, which is pretty annoying.

Why can't you look for the song in your DX90 library and choose it that way?

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #589 of 1,316
  Why can't you look for the song in your DX90 library and choose it that way?

Because it's bloody unappealing.. Just so dull. It really takes the fun away, which is surprising to me as much as it may be to you, hearing me say this. When I search my iPhone library (which is exactly the same btw), I just feel like hearing a bunch of songs.

So, do you think there's any way to use the iPhone Music app theme in Rockbox DX 90?

Nov 21, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #590 of 1,316
if you browse to the themes folder in rockbox you can choose something different from the standard screen.

http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?allthemes gives you an idea of whats available.

Nov 21, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #591 of 1,316
  if you browse to the themes folder in rockbox you can choose something different from the standard screen.

http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?allthemes gives you an idea of whats available.

Yes I know, I`ve searchedd the different themes but fact is I think I`ve grown particularly fond of the iPhone`s latest Music theme. I`ve seen Rockbox theme of the iPods, but I don`t like it very much either, and frankly the other high rated themes I think are a bit silly. Well, that`s probably just me, but I may very well be selling my DX90 just because of this.

Thanks anyway!

Nov 22, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #592 of 1,316
can anyone tell me what are the files that are in the internal storage of the DX90 when connected to the pc? I am trying to see if I have the files needed including the F.W. .img that I need to figure this out. I cannot install anything else.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #595 of 1,316
Can anyone help me out?

I tried the rockbox mod and disliked the UI (the scrolling is poor, i couldnt find a way to use the "bar" at the edge of the screen to scroll through faster.

I want to get it back to just plain factory firmware. I did the instructions in the first post but now my player refuses to play any files. Whenever i select a file it just sits there with the"ready" message at the top of the screen and thats it.

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #596 of 1,316
In contrary to your experience I found scrolling in rockbox to be the best I ever used. In mango when using touch screen scroll I always end  up selecting the wrong file. I have no problems with any other touchscreen device I own, but somehow iBasso touch is not working for me.

From memory rockbox allows setting up the speed and initial delay on scroll, but that could be for horizontal scroll of text.

The side scroll bar can be adjusted in width, mine is at minimum, I'm not using it. Anyway I can scroll to whatever file on rockbox probably ten times faster than scrolling on X5 with a wheel.(identical music folder on both players).

For the second part, I'd probably reload the firmware, but before I'd try to scan SD card first. Did you try it?

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #597 of 1,316
OK , I just looked up the scrolling in rockbox manual. Try playing with "List Acceleration Start Delay" setting in Display menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back