Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware)
Nov 5, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #557 of 1,316
Not so bad then. Nice to know your player works.
smile.gif

Nov 5, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #558 of 1,316
Nov 5, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #562 of 1,316

in stock I've battery life > 8 h, mod < 7h (player is warmer)
Mango 2.1.5L  have off scaling cpu?

Stock 2.1.5 also puts CPU to the performance mode. So L1 is not worse from power consumption point of view.

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #564 of 1,316

Why? The only difference with the stock is the mod only removed none essential running process which takes CPU cycles and not needed by both Rockbox and Mango to play music.

So, you are saying that the happy few with magical ears, who are hearing a definitive upgrade or difference in sound quality with the lurker's mods, are maybe a little too enthusiastic ?

No need to answer, just being a little sarcastic troll :wink:

Thanks to you and lurker for the good and fast job. 

Nov 10, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #567 of 1,316
Updated to latest dual boot firmware and Rockbox 2.1.5 a couple of days ago. Rockbox playback occasionally freezes randomly mid song (been trying to identify a pattern, nothing so far) then continues after 15-30 seconds. Track time usually skips backwards a few seconds as the playback resumes.

Anyone else experiencing this? I am running the "While Playing Screen" from the RedBox theme, everything else from the DriveBox theme, otherwise standard implementation.

My main motivation for running Rockbox on the DX90 is because I can't get enough bass for my liking from Mango for my Fidue a83 iems, currently running standard everything in Rockbox apart from +7db on the bass which is seems to be the sweet spot for my ears. if anyone cares to share some Mango eq settings that add a bit of extra punch I would probably leave Rockbox alone.

Edited to add that I am also getting about 6hrs off the stock battery via Rockbox. 

Nov 10, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #568 of 1,316
  Updated to latest dual boot firmware and Rockbox 2.1.5 a couple of days ago. Rockbox playback occasionally freezes randomly mid song (been trying to identify a pattern, nothing so far) then continues after 15-30 seconds. Track time usually skips backwards a few seconds as the playback resumes.

Anyone else experiencing this? I am running the "While Playing Screen" from the RedBox theme, everything else from the DriveBox theme, otherwise standard implementation.

My main motivation for running Rockbox on the DX90 is because I can't get enough bass for my liking from Mango for my Fidue a86 iems, currently running standard everything in Rockbox apart from +7db on the bass which is seems to be the sweet spot for my ears. if anyone cares to share some Mango eq settings that add a bit of extra punch I would probably leave Rockbox alone.

Edited to add that I am also getting about 6hrs off the stock battery via Rockbox. 

Never had that problem. But it sounds like a problem with your SD Card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back