- Sep 4, 2013
The following details are for the old build prior to Napka's and other's contributions which is the current and active running build from Rockbox's official site. Please take note the builds below are no longer maintained. However,It is fairly stable and all if not most music playback related glitches had been fixed. Please refer to Napka's site for the latest build.
Rockbox for DX90
Based from the Rockbox DX50 source ported by Ilia (xzcc)
Special thanks to Ilia Sergachev for his initial work on DX50 port and for providing some assistance on this project and cholero for actively working with me in bringing Rockbox to DX90..
Firmware download link:
iBasso official firmware patched with boot selector menu and Lurker's mod.
Rockbox download link:
Rockbox for DX90
1. You need to download two sets of zip file
a. DX90FW_Vx.x.x_patched_*.zip - Ibasso’s DX90 official firmware patched with boot selector menu.
b. Rockbox_DX90_y_y_y.zip - Main rockbox for DX90 package. Check the links above.
2. Extract the update.img file from the patched DX90 zip file. Then the “apps” folder from the rockbox zip file.
3. Copy them over to DX90's internal storage. (Make sure DX90 is set to "Storage" from the USB settings menu in Mango)
4. Disconnect DX90 from USB and go to Settings >> Advanced >> System update and select "OK".
5. Wait until DX90 completes the firmware update.
6. To get the boot selector menu screen, shutdown DX90 (press and hold the power button), turn on (slide up) the hold switch then turn on DX90.
7. Delete the update.img file only from DX90’s internal storage.
8. Enjoy both Mango (Lurker's modded version) and Rockbox on your DX90
This is how the extracted files should look like after extracting the zip files mentioned above to the DX90's internal storage before starting the system update.
To rollback to a stock firmware or any modded versions. Follow the same steps above using the "update.img" from the stock firmware release.
Theme Installation How-To (Courtesy of Cholero)
1. Download any Theme you like from the official Rockbox page as a packed zip:
2. Connect your player to the computer and open the internal memory (usual name: DX50). There should be a folder "rockbox", open it
3. Open the downloaded theme zip file. In the zip file there is a folder named ".rockbox" (yes, with a dot)
4. Open the ".rockbox" folder in your theme-zip and extract all the content to your "rockbox" folder on your player
you're done, now you can select your new theme in Settings -> Theme Settings -> Browse Theme Files
How to use the new boot selector switch.
1. Turn off/shutdown DX90.
2. Put the hold switch to on position. (Slide the switch up to activate hold)
4. The boot selector screen menu will appear. Choose Mango(DX90’s default player) or Rockbox by touching their icons on the screen. Or you can press the prev (<<) button to select Mango and fwd (>>) button to select Rockbox.
5. Slide down the hold button to turn it off. It will boot to the same OS without asking on next reboot unless the hold button switch is on.
For best SQ on Rockbox, learn to downsample 24-bit files to 16-bit /44.1Khz redbook format with no loss of fidelity. Check out the opensource tool Sound eXchange (sox)
The sox library is also available in the latest version of XLD.
List of bugs and issues
****** Refer to the Readme.txt file in the download zip file. *****