Apr 2, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #1,246 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I received my W3 today and they haven't left my ears for 4 hours
biggrin.gif

I take it you like them then...
atsmile.gif

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #1,247 of 2,117
Today I loaned out my Westone 3 to Vinnie Rossi of RWA to try with his amps that he makes, and then Ken Ball @ ALO Audio will play with them before they come back around my way. I'm secretly hoping that they become W3 fanboi too.

I sent ALL the tips they come with, including a stock triple flange plus two different trimmed triple flange (one short stalk, one short stalk bi-flange), and a set of both medium and large Shure black olive. And, included tips about the best fit. So, we'll see.

I have enough IEM to keep me happy while they are gone.... I hope.

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #1,248 of 2,117
Dang, I'm still fussing with these tips...just can't decide.

For those people that are using the longer skinny complys...what made you go with those over the full size ones? Do you think the bass is a little less prominent and bloaty since there is less foam?

Apr 3, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #1,251 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm currently choosing between ATH-CK100 and W3. Anyone tested both before?

You're curious about the AT CK100's too huh? There is a rather short thread about them on here. I think you can get them from Bluetin Japan, and have them shipped in. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, titanium housings (the cyclist in me showing)!

Apr 3, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #1,252 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gosh, as much praise as it gets, I just did not like the Westone cable back when I had my UM2. In my experience, the braided feel on my ears was distracting, the Y-split was way too short, and the piece where it connected to the actual phones was very flimsy. In my eyes, the Sennheiser IE8 cable wins hands down. It's incredibly smooth, soft, flexible, it's just the right length, and it's removable. I haven't heard the Westone 3 so I can't comment on sound, but regardless, in my opinion, the IE8 has the best cable I have ever seen.

How tall are you? Just out of curiosity? =)

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #1,253 of 2,117
Yeah, that the place i will get CK100 from
wink.gif
It will end up same price as W3 if i buy W3 locally. W3 will be cheaper if i get it from China :p

Based on few reviews i read, CK100 quite similar to triple.fi but surpasses it in most aspect. Fit, high, mid, soundstage, details. Almost everything except the bass QUANTITY. That single issue is my main concern.

Ah, my buying cycle will continues. Feel like a cyclist now hahaha

P.S: In one review, CK100's high and details surpasses UE11pro while soundstage approaching it...
Review

Anyway, sorry for thread crapping :p

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #1,254 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those people that are using the longer skinny complys...what made you go with those over the full size ones? Do you think the bass is a little less prominent and bloaty since there is less foam?

You hit it right on the head. The skinny complys feel almost like a 98% seal rather than a complete one but it lessens the bass bloat and pops the vocals and guitars right out front. They sound sublime
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #1,255 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For me it was simply a matter of...the full size Comply foams wouldn't even fit in my ears without being uncomfortably tight. I had to use the narrow ones, which occasionally didn't seal right.

Nowadays I just use shortened tri-flanges though...at least until my UM56 arrive at my audiologist's!

-Ed

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #1,256 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How tall are you? Just out of curiosity? =)

6'5", why besides curiosity?

Apr 3, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #1,257 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
6'5", why besides curiosity?

Trying to guess at what you consider right length - if you were say 5'7", then Westone 3 cable maybe way too long (I don't remember what length UM2 cable was when I had it, but I think it was shorter than W3). What do you consider perfect length though?

Apr 3, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #1,258 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm currently choosing between ATH-CK100 and W3. Anyone tested both before?

I also wish to know
popcorn.gif

I am in Tokyo so the ATH-CK100 will cost a lot less than the W3 for me.
The music I listen to is 90% instrumental (Buckethead)
More important for me is fit, looking for good sound isolation, the trains here are very noisy

Apr 3, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #1,260 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the bass of ck100 is less than westone 3, MUCH less.
seriously if you've heard SE530/SA6 and find their bass lacking for your taste, don't bother with ck100, because it has less bass than even both of them.

Well I love bass but the music I listen to is more guitar instrumental playing, I prefer detail over bass.

As for the SE530, just do not like the total sound, just something missing for me, never like Shures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back