REVIEW: WESTONE 3, the ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL IEM vs everything else
Feb 19, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #1,006 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Christ....

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5435536-post981.html

You win. Happy?

No. Not happy till I have achieved world domination, and that will cost you...

...one billion dollars (he sez with Dr. Evil pinkie to the corner of his mouth).
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #1,007 of 2,117
hilarious

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #1,008 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hilarious

You forgot the smiley. I can't find the "stoic" smiley anymore but it looked like this :-|

Feb 20, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #1,009 of 2,117
I just wanted to make the utterly random statement that Westone 3 is the ultimate Dragon Force listening IEM.

I am done, you may proceed with whatever you were doing.

-Ed

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #1,010 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Ng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wanted to make the utterly random statement that Westone 3 is the ultimate Dragon Force listening IEM.

I am done, you may proceed with whatever you were doing.

-Ed

That's great, welcome back.

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #1,011 of 2,117
Hahaha...this thread had a lot of tension that needed breaking.

I'm not posting much lately because there isn't much that needs resolution...everything is going well for me with my Westone 3s, although I'm receiving my bonus (better than I expected) soon, and I am considering customs. I just don't know if the ESX 3 is worth getting when the Westone 3 are so comfortable for me as-is. I do like how the cable on ESX 3 is replaceable though (considering I already got my Westone 3s replaced once for cable failure). How much are the ESX 3s?

-Ed

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #1,012 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Ng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahaha...this thread had a lot of tension that needed breaking.

I'm not posting much lately because there isn't much that needs resolution...everything is going well for me with my Westone 3s, although I'm receiving my bonus (better than I expected) soon, and I am considering customs. I just don't know if the ESX 3 is worth getting when the Westone 3 are so comfortable for me as-is. I do like how the cable on ESX 3 is replaceable though (considering I already got my Westone 3s replaced once for cable failure). How much are the ESX 3s?

-Ed

$850

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #1,013 of 2,117
That's not bad. Not to hijack the thread, but do you personally feel they're definitely better than the more expensive Ultimate Ears customs?

-Ed

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #1,014 of 2,117
Never heard an Ultimate Ears custom. I did not like the Super.fi 5 Pro, though I have owned a clear, red and black pair and always sold them because they just didn't do it for me. I owned a Triple.fi 10 Pro for 2 weeks and sold them too, as the were colored and sounded like an acoustic suspension speaker. The ES3X are great. See the link here a few posts back (within a day or two) to the ES3X appreciation thread with my mini-review in it.

Feb 20, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #1,015 of 2,117
Yeah, I read that earlier today, actually...just didn't know if you ever had a chance to compare against UE. I always had issue with my Triple.fi 10 Pros, which I owned for a long time, because of the fitment and how they jutted so far out of my ears (jammed my ears a few times over the course of a couple years with them in), an impossibility with the better sounding Westone 3s.

I could also consider an audition of the IE8s for my own personal experience, but the thing stopping me is the fact that I imagine them giving me the same hassles as far as sticking way out of my ears. The Westone 3s, and any of the customs, would nestle in my ear flush and I can lay in bed with them without worry of possibly hurting myself if I should turn over. I think the IE8s are risky there (though not as bad as the Triple.fi 10 Pros).

-Ed

Feb 20, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #1,017 of 2,117
Yes, I concur. The IE8's sit flush in your ears. People have said that they wear their IE8's upside down but the instructions show the cable connection pointing up towards the forehead with the cable extending over and behind the ear. It is only upside compared to the cable pointing straight down like many other IEM's. When worn properly, the IE8's are very comfortable and flush. Actually, I was quite surprised.

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #1,019 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The heat-sensitive tips have the consistency of a cold tootsie roll (without being cold) and get just a little softer when at body temperature, so they simply disappear in my ear better than my two pair of Liveires (one with SE530 drivers) or my Freq Show. I wore them for 5 hours Tuesday night without any discomfort.

I know about the guitar thing, as I gave up HF-1 and recabled HFI780 to get my daughter a Gibson Explorer last summer.

Nice! Improved seal and wearing comfort, sweet. The Explorer is a seriously nice guitar.

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #1,020 of 2,117
Well, now I just have to figure out if there's any way I can get a pair of IE8s for something better than $450+shipping!

-Ed

EDIT: Nevermind, I have acquired a pair for $317 shipped. Can't wait for them to come in so I can start burn-in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back