REVIEW: WESTONE 3, the ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL IEM vs everything else
Dec 4, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #257 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
screw you guys!

i just bought westone 3's, bit the bullet - $407usd ($647aud) frmo FreqCity!

Head-Fi and Westone have claimed another victim!

Financial recession? Never happened...
popcorn.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #258 of 2,117
Quote:

screw you guys!

i just bought westone 3's, bit the bullet - $407usd ($647aud) frmo FreqCity!

Head-Fi and Westone have claimed another victim!

Don't blame Head-Fi. Blame yourself for being too curious
tongue.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #259 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't blame Head-Fi. Blame yourself for being too curious
tongue.gif

We need to figure out a way to get you some custom tips. Take up a collection or something...

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #260 of 2,117
lol HPA, well gonna have to save up for custom tips!

I usually have good luck with Shure Olives and I have some lying around, so hoping they'd do me good.

Well its going to be a looooooooong week of waiting!

Zephyr, how long from ship date till you were listening to them (I got mine express from FreqCity aswell). Did you get tracking info etc?

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #261 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is how well they tuck into the ear with Westome UM-56 custom sleeves. The clear thing sticking out is the handle to remove the tip should the earphone become disconnected from the custom tip:

headphoneaddict-albums-headphone-gear-picture1085-westone3left.jpg

headphoneaddict-albums-headphone-gear-picture1089-westone3right.jpg

The lear thing sticking out is self constructed? or did it belong to the standard things coming with the w3?

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #262 of 2,117
Quote:

lol HPA, well gonna have to save up for custom tips!

I usually have good luck with Shure Olives and I have some lying around, so hoping they'd do me good.

Well its going to be a looooooooong week of waiting!

Zephyr, how long from ship date till you were listening to them (I got mine express from FreqCity aswell). Did you get tracking info etc?

Yep I got tracking. They got shipped last Friday (Australian Saturday) and arrived yesterday morning. 4 days. Very fast shipping but yeah, I'm in Sydney where all international flights land to begin with
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We need to figure out a way to get you some custom tips. Take up a collection or something...

One day. One sweet day. But just not now. Saving up for a nice new Hamer electric guitar atm.
tongue.gif
I've spent too much money and time on this audiophile hobby for this year. Time to concentrate on my other music hobby.

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #263 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by sennmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The lear thing sticking out is self constructed? or did it belong to the standard things coming with the w3?

Did you miss the part in the post you quoted right above the photos, where I wrote the following?

"Here is how well they tuck into the ear with Westome UM-56 custom sleeves. The clear thing sticking out is the handle to remove the tip should the earphone become disconnected from the custom tip:"

The UM-56 are obviously a separate custom molded sleeve or tip, that I have been talking about for days, and I said the clear thing is part of the tip.

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #264 of 2,117
Hey guys, look at the photos and tell me why does my wife say my forehead has a "primordial shelf"? What is a primordial whatchamacallit anyways? Does this mean I can do Geiko commercials without any makeup? Cool!

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #265 of 2,117
So, can anybody say that it's 100% worth it to sell Triple.fi to get Westone 3??

If doing that means living on stock earbuds for some month of wait?

I mean is this Westone 3 really totally better than Triple.fi?

Or is it just another variation of triple-driver headphones, somewhat better, somewhat worse?

Dec 4, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #266 of 2,117
nm

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #267 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZzBOG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, can anybody say that it's 100% worth it to sell Triple.fi to get Westone 3??

If doing that means living on stock earbuds for some month of wait?

I mean is this Westone 3 really totally better than Triple.fi?

Or is it just another variation of triple-driver headphones, somewhat better, somewhat worse?

Although I do not have a direct comparison with the Triple.fi's. I did compare the triple.fi's with my ER4S and compared my ER4S with the Westone 3's. Definitely worth it.
beerchug.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #269 of 2,117
Quote:

well looks like its up to me to do a:

Westone vs. TF10, LiveWires, Klipsch X10 and SA6!

Add the Shure SE530/E500 and the Sennheiser IE8 to the mix, because some people are saying they prefer them over the Westone 3:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/i...ne-3-a-387555/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back