REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Jun 17, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #736 of 1,290
At least you get any reply. I haven't heard anything from UM UK since 6 weeks... That's what I call a great customer support...

Jun 18, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #738 of 1,290
!New! UM Merlin?

So, what's new about it? It looks like the same Merlin to me and at the same price and yet something is “new” for June at Custom-IEM.com

http://www.custom-iem.com/um-custom-iems-c-118.html

Hey, 88King (if you're still around), where are you in the Merlin ordering/obtaining process?
>This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 06 April, 2011.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=site:www.custom-iem.com&num=20&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=1&output=search&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:m&sa=X&biw=1111&bih=571 and google finds no new pages in the past month.

Jun 18, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #739 of 1,290
Quote:
>This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 06 April, 2011.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=site:www.custom-iem.com&num=20&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=1&output=search&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:m&sa=X&biw=1111&bih=571 and google finds no new pages in the past month.

Oh, I see. Assuming that the Merlin was originally added before the Miracle (which was added in 2010), there was some sort of design change (I suppose) in 2011 resulting in the “new” Merlin.

Jun 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #740 of 1,290
Oh, I see. Assuming that the Merlin was originally added before the Miracle (which was added in 2010), there was some sort of design change (I suppose) in 2011 resulting in the “new” Merlin.

man where are you getting the wild assumptions from. I'm almost certain miracle was out for a year or so, then they introduced Merlin . have a look at review dates. and http://www.custom-iem.com/um-miracle-6-drivers-p-621.html (Jul 2010)

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #741 of 1,290
Quote:
man where are you getting the wild assumptions from. I'm almost certain miracle was out for a year or so, then they introduced Merlin . have a look at review dates. and http://www.custom-iem.com/um-miracle-6-drivers-p-621.html (Jul 2010)

Well, I don't think presuming a chronological order in models is all that “wild” (especially considering the language on the website is outdated).  UM actually added a model in between the flagship and the next model down (4,6, then 5). OK, no biggie. The “!New!” and “ New Products for June” on Custom-IEM's website had me a little puzzled (is all). Thanks for clearing that up.

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #742 of 1,290
Quote:
Well, I don't think presuming a chronological order in models is all that “wild” (especially considering the language on the website is outdated).  UM actually added a model in between the flagship and the next model down (4,6, then 5). OK, no biggie. The “!New!” and “ New Products for June” on Custom-IEM's website had me a little puzzled (is all). Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't the newest UM product that's available for purchase would be the Merlin, but their new product for June would probably be the Platform Pure 6 which is currently in the prototype stages and was mentioned on custom-iem's facebook page.

Jun 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #743 of 1,290
Quote:

I don't the newest UM product that's available for purchase would be the Merlin, but their new product for June would probably be the Platform Pure 6 which is currently in the prototype stages and was mentioned on custom-iem's facebook page.

That's as good of an explanation as any. UM was touting a new up-n-coming product, though yet to be released (I suppose).
The only problem is what is actually on the page. Admittedly, it is quite a minor issue that only confused me (which is not hard to do).

Jun 19, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #744 of 1,290
Quote:

The only problem is what is actually on the page. Admittedly, it is quite a minor issue that only confused me (which is not hard to do).

According to that pic every single UM product is new for june with the merlin being the newest.  I think it's safe to say that the "new products for june" title doesn't mean much. In a few days it will say "new products for july" but look exactly the same. The merlin is their most recent product which is why it still says new.

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #745 of 1,290
Like danny said, the new product is the platform pure 6 which is still in development. 

Jun 19, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #747 of 1,290
According to that pic every single UM product is new for june with the merlin being the newest.  I think it's safe to say that the "new products for june" title doesn't mean much. In a few days it will say "new products for july" but look exactly the same. The merlin is their most recent product which is why it still says new.

oh i see, so he has a problem with them claiming all products are new. m, that's a bit funny.

Jun 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #748 of 1,290
Quote:

That's perfectly reasonable. Thanks wahu. And that Platform Pure 6 looks interesting.

I didn't realize my little observation would be a "bit" of troll bait.

Jun 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #749 of 1,290
Quote:
That's perfectly reasonable. Thanks wahu. And that Platform Pure 6 looks interesting.

I didn't realize my little observation would be a "bit" of troll bait.

Yeh well you certainly got more of a response than I did.. A few pages back I noticed that the Merlins are indeed "!NEW!" as they are using different drivers now. Nobody cares 
frown.gif

UM even contacted me and said "It was minority tweaked. Don't worry about it. Yours is perfect." I'm not sure what minority tweaked means but in my situation I guess it means using a non vented driver. They still sound awesome though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back