[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Oct 13, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #332 of 964
PSB M4U2 or this ughhh..

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #335 of 964
I have had the UE6000 for a few weeks now. These are simply better "Beats". They are not reference headphones by any means. 

1. These are bass heavy headphones. Not as bad as beats but they have a very prominent thump.
  2. Mids sounds incredibly good for a $200 headphone. Very clear, engaging, and articulate vocals.
  3. Bass sounds Ok. Theres a lot of thump and mildly good bass quality. 
  4. Tremble is disappointing. The quality of the high notes arent great. You can hear a lot of the instruments but they have no depth or quality. They sound poor
  5. Comfort is AMAZING. Best pari of headphones I have worn
  6. Build quality is also AMAZING. Very clean and modern looking headphones. Very very build. 

If you are in the market for headphones similar to beats but need better audio quality, these are your headphones. They are not for sitting at home analyzing the music. These are for on the go, i wanna have fun and dance to my music headphones. 

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #336 of 964
I would have to agree. Nowhere near reference quality and although somewhat tolerable the bass can be thumpy. Best solution so far is to use my iphone eq on bass reducer or to use a line out and amp which cleans up the bass a little

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #337 of 964
Quote:
UE9000 by far

LOL. I doubt it.

Originally Posted by dlami130 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you are in the market for headphones similar to beats but need better audio quality, these are your headphones.

Similar to Beats?!?!

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #338 of 964
Quote:
Does anyone with the UE6000/UE9000 know how well it works with non-iOS devices (the controls, mic, etc.) I'm thinking of getting the 9000 to pair with HTC One X, and possibly a laptop. Is it known which controls, if any, work?

None of the controls work with my Motorola Droid Razr MAXX.  It runs on Android 4.0.  It's not a big deal in my book, but I really like the cable.  It's nice and beefy.

Oct 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #339 of 964
Quote:
None of the controls work with my Motorola Droid Razr MAXX.  It runs on Android 4.0.  It's not a big deal in my book, but I really like the cable.  It's nice and beefy.

The controls work ONLY with iDEVICES. They sound even differently, for testing press and hold middle button on the remote

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #340 of 964
UE6000:

I have reason to believe the the impedance rating is 32 with ANC/AMP on. Higher without? What amplifiers are you guys using? Not working too well on my mac book pro unless I flip the switch.

(Mac pro late 2k11 supports MIC, and controls btw)

Also, my headphone cuts out on right channel if I "slowly" switch ANC on > off.  Anyone else experiencing that?  I already had a ticket open for my first incident, but also mentioned this after I updated it.

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #341 of 964
Quote:
UE6000:

I have reason to believe the the impedance rating is 32 with ANC/AMP on. Higher without? What amplifiers are you guys using? Not working too well on my mac book pro unless I flip the switch.

(Mac pro late 2k11 supports MIC, and controls btw)

Also, my headphone cuts out on right channel if I "slowly" switch ANC on > off.  Anyone else experiencing that?  I already had a ticket open for my first incident, but also mentioned this after I updated it.

There's like a little dead zone in the middle between on and off where I'll get no sound.  It's not a big deal in my book.

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #343 of 964
Despite not being that comfortable for me, I'm having a hard time bringing these UE6000's back.  Really loving how they sound, but has anyone noticed a lack of sub bass?  The mid bass is definitely pronounced and a bit overbearing at times (although this seems to be getting better with burn-in), but I'm not hearing much sub bass.  I'm not sure if that's because they don't cover my entire ear or what.  The bottom part of my ear doesn't fit inside the cup, so the pad rests on it.  I still seem to be getting a decent seal though. 

With that said, does anyone know of some similar sounding cans that would give my ears a bit more room?  Beyerdynamics definitely seem like they would work for fit, but all of them appear fairly bass light.  I'm really interested in the Signature DJ's coming out and was curious on the Signature Pro's cup size vs the UE6000's, since the Signature DJ seems to use the same design as the Pros. 

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #344 of 964
Quote:
Despite not being that comfortable for me, I'm having a hard time bringing these UE6000's back.  Really loving how they sound, but has anyone noticed a lack of sub bass?  The mid bass is definitely pronounced and a bit overbearing at times (although this seems to be getting better with burn-in), but I'm not hearing much sub bass.  I'm not sure if that's because they don't cover my entire ear or what.  The bottom part of my ear doesn't fit inside the cup, so the pad rests on it.  I still seem to be getting a decent seal though. 

With that said, does anyone know of some similar sounding cans that would give my ears a bit more room?  Beyerdynamics definitely seem like they would work for fit, but all of them appear fairly bass light.  I'm really interested in the Signature DJ's coming out and was curious on the Signature Pro's cup size vs the UE6000's, since the Signature DJ seems to use the same design as the Pros. 

The upcoming AKG Tiesto K267 may be an option for you since the cups seem large and sub bass is adjustable.  I have no idea how they will sound overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back