[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Oct 12, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #301 of 964
Going to try them in some hours. So excited.
In fact, i love the Amperior. i preferred them over my dt1350,v-moda, w4, um3x...At this level there is simply no superior headphone. Always personal preference.
The Amperior didnt get much love, but hell i love them. Sennheiser doesnt need to hide at all.. P

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #302 of 964
Another bit of info....
I think i have found the perfect combination. Plugged the 9000's into mu CMoy amp with a FIIO line out in passive mode and they are perfect! Mids and highs really shine and the bass sounds great. Just a tad sloppy in a small range between low and mid bass but completely acceptable. Going to run this combo throughout the day but these phones are really nice amped

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #303 of 964
Quote:
Craigster75, if you can remember, how would you say the fit/comfort and leakage of the Ultrasone Signature Pros compares to the UE 6000's?  

I received my UE 6000's and tried them out at work today, but they leaked a bit too much.  Also, my ears had a fairly tight fit with them.  Comfortable enough, but they got hot real quick.  Then again, I've been using IE8's for a long time so going back to headphones is quite different.  I really liked the sound they produced though so it's unfortunate they won't work out for me.  

Next on my list to try is the Signature DJ's and since they look to have the same construction as the Signature Pros, was wondering how the Pros compared to the UE 6000's for fit and leakage.  Thank you for all your input.

I actually think the UE6000 provides better isolation.  The Ultrasone Edition 8 isolates well.  In general, I think a headphone with oval pads will isolate better than one which is perfectly round based on the ergonomic fit around the side of the head.

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #304 of 964
Am I alone to think the UE9000 to have superb build quality and feel?  The look is amazing too.

Is your UE6000 kinda wide with light clamping force?  I like a little more clamping force like the UE9000 has.

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #305 of 964
Quote:
Am I alone to think the UE9000 to have superb build quality and feel?  The look is amazing too.

Is your UE6000 kinda wide?  I like a little more clamping force like the UE9000 has.

The UE6000 does feel similar on my head to the M4U2 which is very comfortable but also very large, perhaps the extra depth in the cups for batteries.

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #306 of 964
Thanks for comparing the M-100s to the UE6000.

M100s seem more geared towards me.  

I'm supposed to be returning my UE6000s, but I don't want to!

I know it's not neutral like most headphones I'm attracted to, but with the UEs, I get to listen to songs in from a different perspective.

Would you say the M100s are accurate sounding?

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #307 of 964
Quote:
Thanks for comparing the M-100s to the UE6000.

M100s seem more geared towards me.  

I'm supposed to be returning my UE6000s, but I don't want to!

I know it's not neutral like most headphones I'm attracted to, but with the UEs, I get to listen to songs in from a different perspective.

Would you say the M100s are accurate sounding?

Yes and no, I would add very detailed and toward the bright side with a bit of an extra bass punch when called for, but if it isn't in the recording, you don't hear added bass.  I find the M-100 breathes new life into my 60's and 70's music and presents acoustics extremely well.  I prefer the UE6000 for pop and EDM.

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #308 of 964
Overnight burn in and I have to say. The mids cleaned up noticeably. Hearing them today put a huge smile on my face. I am hearing better clarity in the whole sound actually..Just many hours of listening will probably yield the same results, which is easy to do with these. It is more of a musical sound but a very nice one. It has a lushness to the sound that is not only easy to listen to but you get lost in it.. These remind me of my Sony XZ700 in sound signature but better in every way..Very impressed. These are by far the best $200 headphones I have ever bought that is for certain. Love the mids on these. I also noticed better depth of timbre detail today on the same tunes I tested with on open box. The bass is intoxicating.

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #309 of 964
UE6000 vs. M-100

Since several have been asking and I am an impatient creature by nature, here is a comparison between the M-100 and UE6000 (passive mode) with the winner in each category listed.  If I felt any other headphone I have auditioned or owned in the past 6 months was in a league with either of these, they would have been included as well (I will give an honorable mention shout out to the PSB M4U2), so let me state up front that after an extensive headphone search, I am thrilled to find two fantastic, standout headphones and that, if your budget allows, I recommend owning both.  However, if you must choose one, here is my feedback, IMHO, to hopefully help assist with your decision:

Comfort- UE6000  Although heavier and larger, the UE6000 has less clamping force and, more importantly for me larger, deeper, plusher cups that fit around my ears better.  I could wear these for hours.  After an hour or so, I felt some discomfort with the M-100.

Build/appearance- M-100 The industrial design and innovative hinges of the M-100 are a thing of beauty.  I enjoy just looking at my white M-100s and will be adding my blue shields shortly.  The UE6000 is not an ugly headphone.  It looks to me like a copy of the Denon D600 design which I think is fine, but nothing special.  Regarding build quality, no comparison.  M-100 is a solid piece of electronic machinery complete with riveted stainless steel.  The UE6000 seems to have a sturdy headband, but I worry about the cheap plastic cups and battery compartment.

Bass- I have to call this a draw. UE6000 bass seems deeper and more authoritative.  M-100 bass is also deep and authoritative, yet also tighter and I feel the drivers pushing air at high volume with bass boost.

Mids- M-100 Both provide excellent mids.  Compared to other headphones I have heard (not top-tier summit-fi) Detail/resolution in the UE6000 is an 8 out of 10; M-100 is a 9 out of 10.

Highs- M-100 The UE6000 has highs I would consider very close to neutral.  This works extremely well with current popular music that seems to have a treble emphasis, smoothing out those highs and providing a highly pleasurable listening experience that is by no means dark and can even sparkle somewhat.  The M-100 fills in the small bit of rolloff that is missing from the UE6000 and smoothly extends the highs almost to brightness with absolutely no harshness- quite an accomplishment.

Overall sound- This is really a close call for me.  I initially purchased the UE6000 as something to hold me over until the M-100 came out and it turned out to be much more than I expected.  I expect to continue to listen to both headphones and have no intention of returning either, which is saying something because I have returned several headphones in the past few months while waiting for the release of the M-100 including: M-Audio Q40, Audio Technica ATH_PRO700MK2, Sennheiser Amperior, Denon D600, Denon D400 and Sennheiser Momentum.  I have also auditioned dozens more.  All of these returns were based on sonic flaws I felt were dealbreakers, so you could say I consider the M-100 and UE6000 as close to the perfect headphone for me that I have found.

Both present bass in a way that is exciting, enjoyable and adds to the rest of the frequency range.  Both have clean, accurate mids.  Both have enjoyable silky smooth highs.  In the end, I must give a slight edge to the M-100 based on the silky-smooth extended highs that are incredibly detailed.  If I can compare the M-100 to any other headphone on the market, it would be an Ultrasone Signature Pro and I would actually say the M-100 is superior.  While there is slightly less resolution than the Sig Pro, the M-100s highs are much smoother with zero sibilance and the M-100 has a superior bass presentation to the Sig Pro.  Somehow, V-Moda managed to engineer a headphone that I believe can truly sound amazing with every genre.

I congratulate both companies on developing amazing products and look forward to enjoying both for years to come.

Very nice comparison. One thing I'd like to ask, which do you think has more forward mids? You said the UE6000 was slightly more recessed compared to the d600s which was a huge turn off cause I was not impressed by the d600 mids and am looking for something mid forward. You've also auditioned the Sig pros I believe, can you comment on how forward or recessed their mids were compared to the d600 and the m100s. Thanks.

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #310 of 964
Quote:
Very nice comparison. One thing I'd like to ask, which do you think has more forward mids? You said the UE6000 was slightly more recessed compared to the d600s which was a huge turn off cause I was not impressed by the d600 mids and am looking for something mid forward. You've also auditioned the Sig pros I believe, can you comment on how forward or recessed their mids were compared to the d600 and the m100s. Thanks.

After further listening, I would say the mids are right where they should be and, from memory regarding the Sig Pros, mids are comparable in relation to rest of the range.  I can't say enough that I have never heard a better overall sound from a $200 headphone.  Apple Stores have these out for demo so you don't have to take my word for it :)

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #311 of 964
My Apple-Store didnt have them for demo. Had to buy them to test them, couldn't resist after all teh hype...
These are keepers :D

btw best comfort of all the portable cans i have ever owned(m80, dt1350, amperior)

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #312 of 964
Quote:
My Apple-Store didnt have them for demo. Had to buy them to test them, couldn't resist after all teh hype...

btw best comfort of all the portable cans i have ever owned(m80, dt1350, amperior)

Glad to hear!  I never thought there would be a Head-fi thread singing the praises of a Logitech headphone, even with the UE connection.  Looks like they didn't lose the Ultimate Ears sound engineers in the merger.  I was in disbelief they could be THAT good until I heard them for myself. 

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #313 of 964
Quote:

Agreed, even my DT1350s hurt my ears after an hour. These I kinda forget they're there even though they are full size.

Oct 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #314 of 964
The treble is way better than I expected... coming from a beyerdynamic t90 and Sennheiser Amperior it's a nice change of pace.
And i love the smell of the pads.
Isolation really depends on the seal. It can be really gud to just average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back