[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Mar 27, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #1,366 of 2,011
Well, I reviewed the RE0s at my site and rather than create a new thread for it, I figured I'd go ahead and post it here. It's on the long side so I'm going to link it instead of copy and pasting the entire thing.

Musical Musings» HiFiMan RE0 Review

Check it out if ya get the chance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #1,367 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by supersong115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We must have ordered ours simultaneously cuz I agree with you 100 %. I'm using a BSG comy amp though with my ipod touch and its just awesome.

Tell me about it...lol, im currently in another world listening to these gems, they're really clear, precise, and unfatiguing... you know that feeling of leaving a different planet and entering earth once again? like right after leaving a movie theatre..? thats how i feel when i take these RE0s outta my ears after a good trance session.. im completely enveloped with the amazing sound....goosebumps and chills, great feeling.

Mar 27, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #1,368 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by kameenadesi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell me about it...lol, im currently in another world listening to these gems, they're really clear, precise, and unfatiguing... you know that feeling of leaving a different planet and entering earth once again? like right after leaving a movie theatre..? thats how i feel when i take these RE0s outta my ears after a good trance session.. im completely enveloped with the amazing sound....goosebumps and chills, great feeling.

lol i hear ya. Listening to Buddha Bar is at a whole new level...Vocal jazz, Alternative rock, I think its able to handle all these genres. I seriously get lost in the music with each snare and cymbal crash. Happy listening!
beerchug.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #1,369 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGame21x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I reviewed the RE0s at my site and rather than create a new thread for it, I figured I'd go ahead and post it here. It's on the long side so I'm going to link it instead of copy and pasting the entire thing.

Musical Musings» HiFiMan RE0 Review

Check it out if ya get the chance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Great and elaborate review! Glad that you shared it with us!

Mar 27, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #1,370 of 2,011
I got my RE0's about two weeks ago. When I first got them, I was impressed by the treble detail, but a bit disappointed by the bass. Now about 200 hours later, the bass has really come out. Around 100 hours I was starting to get pretty happy with the bass, but 200 hours have brought out that nth degree of bass "expansion"..

I love the extension, clarity, detail, and seperation these IEM's have. I mostly listen to hard rock, progressive metal, and some punk, so I'm very happy and have no urge to upgrade. I don't have the greatest equipment around, but I find myself listening to these IEM's more than any other in my little collection. I definately find the bass to be adequate for the type of music I listen to. I'm tempted to get an Fiio E5, but I think it will be more of a hassle to carry around an amp too. These IEM's have definately raised the level of my music enjoyment listening experience.

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #1,371 of 2,011
I received mine today which was a nice surprise. I would have thought it would take another week for them to arrive!

I want to thank you guys for helping me with buying these. This was exactly the portable sound I was looking for: nice and clear without exaggerated bass. Just good and an INCREDIBLE value.
I will give them a proper burn-in now. I have to study anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #1,372 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received mine today which was a nice surprise. I would have thought it would take another week for them to arrive!

I want to thank you guys for helping me with buying these. This was exactly the portable sound I was looking for: nice and clear without exaggerated bass. Just good and an INCREDIBLE value.
I will give them a proper burn-in now. I have to study anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif

Good to hear.
Give them 100 hrs burn in. They get better
darthsmile.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #1,373 of 2,011
Just got my RE0 a few days ago and far they are great, only thing I have noticed that is a bit of a down point is that I need to set my ipod to middle volume or so to drive them. Other than that they are great, the sound is awesome and when worn over the ear the microphonics isn't bad at all. The lvl of detail is on par with my Ety er6i but the bass is quite a bit better. Also, I can't really explain it but I seem to just rock out/groove to the music more with the RE0 compared to the Ety

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #1,374 of 2,011
I got this baby about 3 weeks ago because of the hype here in head-fi and i decided to test it myself. When I first received the RE0 I didn't like it ; Lack of bass, horrible treble and micro phonic really piss me off but after some 50 hours of burn in with some of the rock collections i have and I must say i am really happy and glad I made the right choice! Thanks Head-fi

The RE0 have good synergy with the E5 amp + Sansa CLip and I learn to wear it over the neck (with the RE0 clipped to the back of my shirt) and it is microphonic no more

Now its the search for the best foam/tip

Mar 30, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #1,375 of 2,011
Probably one of the best IEM I have ever heard but be aware to burn-them-in as they really do open up and sound so much better with time...give them so 50+ hrs and maybe more..

Initially when you buy them you will be faced with minimal bass and lack of oomph. But be patient these do amazing things with time.

The naturalness and attention to detail is sublime. These are definitely where I stop when I want to be just one with the music. Can't express the sentiments of others praising these beauties enough. Just buy them....

A definite and highly recommended purchase.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #1,376 of 2,011
Expletive. I'm really really poor at the moment (In the red as it were) but I really really wanto get my hands on the RE0's at their current price. I just feel the need to vent my anxious frustration... Anyone got some lawns I can mow or something? :p

Mar 30, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #1,378 of 2,011
I have a question about fit. My first IEM was the CX300, an IEM I was very happy with at the time. It fits wonderfully in my ears and doesn't fall out unless I'm running or shaking my head wildly or something else along those lines.

Later IEMs I have tried I have had less success with. The SF3 fell out of my ears, as do the Turbines. I have even tried Comply tips on the Turbines, but that only makes them stay in my ears marginally longer. For this reason I have practically given up on using the Turbines and now only use the CX300.

So, I have read that the RE0 (an IEM I was already interested in) has a fit that is very much like the CX300. If it does, that would make me very happy as I would love to have another IEM with a nicer, more balanced sound than the CX300, but that would also stay in my ears. Is there anyone who has had a similar experience, or who has used both and could comment on this?

Thanks.

Mar 30, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #1,379 of 2,011
really? I found the CX300 horribly in terms of staying in place. However the RE0 is one of the shallow fit iem's similar to the CX300. If you had no issues with their fit the RE0 probably would not be a problem.

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #1,380 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Just get them. They're very cheap.
biggrin.gif

I'd be looking at close to $100 AUD to get them to me :/ Plus I'm already a few hundred in debt from previous purchases :S
The second I have enough I'm going to get them, I just pray they are still on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back