[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Mar 31, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #1,382 of 2,011
The RE0 has a very generic design so to say. I can't think how the design would interfere with fit as they are small.

Oh... To anyone who thinks the RE0 has no bass. Try amping it.
wink.gif
I tried my Goldpoint with the RE0 and there is PLENTY of bass.
beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #1,383 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The RE0 has a very generic design so to say. I can't think how the design would interfere with fit as they are small.

Oh... To anyone who thinks the RE0 has no bass. Try amping it.
wink.gif
I tried my Goldpoint with the RE0 and there is PLENTY of bass.
beerchug.gif

The RE0 is also a perfect match for any walkman with "clear bass"
beerchug.gif

Apr 2, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #1,385 of 2,011
How far does the bass quantity scale with more power? I am happy with the bass from my EF2 but I plugged them into my dad's NAD integrated for fun and they went from clean and polite to loud and boomy with the lower frequencies. I didn't like the loss of quality but it was interesting to see the transformation.

Apr 2, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #1,386 of 2,011
The bass scales a lot with the Goldpoint. I couldn't believe what I was hearing considering they have so little bass when unamped.

Apr 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #1,387 of 2,011
How does it compare with your MS1000? I think the RE0 is bass-light but okay unamped and it improves to be on the lighter side of what I consider "enough" when it's amped with my EF2. With the NAD it was overwhelmingly bassy, more so than my MEElec M6.

Apr 2, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #1,388 of 2,011
You mean in terms of amplification? I really couldn't tell as my MS1000 has a 1/4" plug so I cannot use it from my iPod. I still need to build an adapter.
tongue.gif
But really, the difference is huge with the RE0.

Apr 2, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #1,389 of 2,011
Just ordered a pair last night. I recently had the GR8s. While I did love them and really want to get them again, I had to go with something cheaper for the time being. I hope all the good reviews are true and I find these to be a great buy. Im not really into IEMS but my hf2s are starting to hurt my ears the more I use them, I just cant bring myself to sell them.

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #1,390 of 2,011
hey guys i got a quick question...i know you guys don't like the Boostaroo amp with the 3-way splitter too much...but i just found an old one lying around...its actually my first and only amp i bought like 4 years ago...and i just connected it to my iPhone 2g with the RE0... am i dreaming or do i really hear a fuller sound with better sound quality?? Or is it just the volume that has got an increase??

Apr 3, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #1,391 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean in terms of amplification? I really couldn't tell as my MS1000 has a 1/4" plug so I cannot use it from my iPod. I still need to build an adapter.
tongue.gif
But really, the difference is huge with the RE0.

Thanks, I was just curious.

Apr 3, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #1,392 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by kameenadesi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys i got a quick question...i know you guys don't like the Boostaroo amp with the 3-way splitter too much...but i just found an old one lying around...its actually my first and only amp i bought like 4 years ago...and i just connected it to my iPhone 2g with the RE0... am i dreaming or do i really hear a fuller sound with better sound quality?? Or is it just the volume that has got an increase??

I tried a Boosteroo once for about a minute; it's beyond bad, so it must be the volume. Lots of distortion, and not the "good" kind either.

Or you were indeed dreaming
redface.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #1,394 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried a Boosteroo once for about a minute; it's beyond bad, so it must be the volume. Lots of distortion, and not the "good" kind either.

Or you were indeed dreaming
redface.gif

for some reason i dont hear any distortion whatsoever through the boostaroo with my iPhone and RE0, only with the pc though, and it sounds much better with the boostaroo rather than unamped through the iPhone.. but my initial question was... dors thr boostaroo act like an amp providing better SQ as compared to ibasso t4 or amp3 or whatever other hyped amps on headfi?? or does it just increase volume through a source? b/c i see a difference...

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #1,395 of 2,011
I guess it could have exceptional synergy with your 2g/RE0 combo, but to me it was a splitter with a boost, and degraded the SQ significantly from an iPod, 4g I think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back