[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Jul 20, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #301 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooh these are really very ety er4 like arent they just without the ear ravaging fit

going to have to look out the E5 i think

I look forward to hearing what you think of the RE0 and E5 pairing. So far, I think it is a great combination.

you may already have a chosen supplier for the E5 but I bought mine from
eBay.co.uk Shop – Queeniehyw Store: Search results for fiio.
£8 delivery to the UK is an exceptional deal. So much so that I have ordered another for my brother.

Also the E5 comes with a nifty little amp/DAP interconnect cable.

Jul 20, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #303 of 2,011
and my question to you Mark is...
as if it would be anything else lol..vs IE7 and IE8?

Jul 20, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #305 of 2,011
Not too odd, considering yesterday I A/B'd my lowly E3 (which I had not used a year) and compared it to the T4, using HP out (Clip, Re3 prototypes), but nonetheless...I decided to sell the T4. I loved the form factor, but...may have to rebuy the E5. The SQ gap just was not as obvious as I expected.

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #306 of 2,011
How unfortunate, my RE0 doesnt even last me for 2 weeks. The left channel has some buzzz or zzzzz sound and I dont know what is the cause of it.

Now I have to send it back for warranty and wait for another month before I could enjoy it again!!! DAM!

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #308 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacon_N_Cheese /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm beginning to get worried. My RE0 shipped out last Tuesday from NY, which is only an hour and a half from me.

Still hasn't come. It's been 8 business days...

You should've gotten a tracking number when it shipped. If not, now would probably be a good time to contact Fang at head-direct (head.direct@gmail.com).

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #309 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should've gotten a tracking number when it shipped. If not, now would probably be a good time to contact Fang at head-direct (head.direct@gmail.com).

Yes, I did get one. When I ordered from head-direct it processed my order through amazon as a third-party seller. I've got the tracking number and everything. Said it shipped out Tuesday from Elmhurst, NY, which is only an hour from my home. Its been in transit ever since.

This is slower than media mail...gah

Jul 23, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #310 of 2,011
Bacon_N_Cheese its very unlucky for you;i live in turkey and i got my re0 in 7 days...

Chicaman i also got problem and with my pairs and sent for replacement with my pairs;Ive missed my re0 so much;they didn't came from the guarantee back
frown.gif
But i started to worry about if there would be any problems in the future that i dont wanna deal with...

Guys do you think e5 and re0 combo is much much better than e3&re0? What do you think;if it is i am gonna order a fiio e5 amp.

Jul 23, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #311 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by regenade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys do you think e5 and re0 combo is much much better than e3&re0? What do you think;if it is i am gonna order a fiio e5 amp.

If you don't want the extra features the E5 provides - power switch, clip, better shielding, rechargeable battery, etc - then stick with the E3. The sq of using an E3 is quite similar to the E5 with bass boost. The RE0 aren't really sensetive enough for the E3's hissy nature to be bothersome, at least to me.

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #312 of 2,011
I e-mailed Head-Direct yesterday and asked them how long the $99 sale on the RE0 was going to last.

Their answer: Quote:

It will be 99 in the next two or three weeks.

So, if you're still debating over these, like me, take your time. But don't wait any longer than the end of August.

Jul 24, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #314 of 2,011
I got the new cable. No problems so far, but I prefer a normal rubber coating. As I think the new cable is more microphonic.

Jul 24, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #315 of 2,011
Yes surely;the knif cable adds a lot more microphonic;it makes the people angry sometimes i didnt like either.They could use a thick and enduring cable;as it should be for a high quality headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back