Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Feb 20, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #2,776 of 3,047
Quote:
True that, my guess is they are doing their best to get rid of all the old stock of their distributors. The Ti version was just release literally few weeks ago. 
I dont think they are out in the US yet. From the spec the only thing which has changed is the tops and bottoms are extended slightly, the jay car prices are crazy insane, to tell you the truth if I found out sooner that jay cars sells this I would have bought that and saved myself around 120 AUD! I got my for 219 AUD. 

I paid $80 AUD a couple of weeks ago instore for the jacars. I now listen to them every day at work and absolutley love them. Hated the stock pads though. Found that there was quite an echo with the stock pads. Changed to a set of Shure SRH840 pads and now I cant listen to them enough. They are like a closed version of my HD600's now, although not quite as laid back. Best $80 I have spent in a long long time.

Now I have to keep talking myself out of buying a second pair. Why would I want a second pair? I dont know, but they are only $80 !!!

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #2,777 of 3,047
Quote:
I paid $80 AUD a couple of weeks ago instore for the jacars. I now listen to them every day at work and absolutley love them. Hated the stock pads though. Found that there was quite an echo with the stock pads. Changed to a set of Shure SRH840 pads and now I cant listen to them enough. They are like a closed version of my HD600's now, although not quite as laid back. Best $80 I have spent in a long long time.

Now I have to keep talking myself out of buying a second pair. Why would I want a second pair? I dont know, but they are only $80 !!!

Thanks for the Shure pad advice, will I do not have echoing effect I like to experiment with different pads. Perhaps use the one you have now and wait till the Ti version is reduce down to the $80, I doubt your headphone will break any time soon. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #2,782 of 3,047
So my FA-003Ti's arrived yesterday. I love the sound a lot, but have a question:
With the velour pads instead of the pleather ones these ones are ridiculously comfortable, but it seems to me there is noticable less bass. (Due to more distance between driver and ear maybe?)
I heard about using Shure Velour Pads from their 940's on the Fischers. They look not as big as the Fischer velour pads, will they change/quieten the bass less?
Basically i want more comfort but same sound as with the pleather pads. Thanks. :wink:

Stretching the headphones a bit now on a small box, maybe i can get it comfortable enough with the pleather pads if the clamping force is a bit lower.

Other than that, i really like their sound btw.

Edit: So i guess stretching them made them comfortable enough that i don't even need to use the velour pads. :)

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #2,784 of 3,047
hey guys..... Fischer audio promised me that they will send me a demo unit of the FA-003ti wooden version.. so itll be here in 1-2 weeks..  ill bring up a review s soon as I get them.. :)

darthsmile.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #2,788 of 3,047
Quote:
I wonder it too =) I need to check who promised it to you it two weeks, cause it possibly will be a bit longer, closer to 3 weeks.

I wouldnt mind been on the audition list with the high chance of me purchasing the audition unit :-D

Please if you can do let us how how each wooden cup sound characteristic is like. There is just to many option, which is not a bad think at all but just kind of hard to decide :-D

Already loving my FA-003 Ti wonder how much better it will sound with those wooden cups. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #2,789 of 3,047
Quote:
I wonder it too =) I need to check who promised it to you it two weeks, cause it possibly will be a bit longer, closer to 3 weeks.

serge did... but he did not told me 2 weeks.. haha I just assumed from his talk.... any ways though it takes time ill defiantly put a highly detailed review... :)

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #2,790 of 3,047
My friend got some of the Jaycar FA-003's. I like each individual characteristic of the sound. Like the treble extends far and is nicely detailed, the bass is punchy without being overwhelming, the mids aren't recessed and sit nicely in the middle, the soundstage impresses me for closed headphones. They're also quite detailed overall, although not as detailed as my Sextetts. I just find the overall tone a bit too dark so I can't really enjoy them. They sound heavy compared to my light and sweet Sextetts. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back