Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Feb 16, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #2,761 of 3,047
Wait so the Jaycar Pro Monitor are identical to the FA-003 for like half the price? That's outrageous!

And they have beautiful up-front mids, extended sparkly treble, tight bass, excellent placement and seperation, and oodles of detail?

What's the catch? They must be bad at something...

Feb 16, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #2,762 of 3,047
Quote:
Wait so the Jaycar Pro Monitor are identical to the FA-003 for like half the price? That's outrageous!

And they have beautiful up-front mids, extended sparkly treble, tight bass, excellent placement and seperation, and oodles of detail?

What's the catch? They must be bad at something...

No catch, Fischer Audio is updating is range. They have already updated the FA-003 with new titanium drivers(FA-003 Ti), I bought it few weeks ago.
I just hope they keep the wooden cup feature the same, I did hope to update mine to some nice Karelien wood. 

Feb 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #2,765 of 3,047
Quote:
Yeh I need some wooden cups too. Fischer Audio ain't responding to my emails and I only have one set of Beech cups I purchased a while ago from gd-audiobase.

give them time, they are busy releasing some new exciting updates. The last batch was sold to noisymotel and they all run out. I think Musicaacostica has some tailor made but they are not cheap.

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #2,767 of 3,047
Quote:
No catch, Fischer Audio is updating is range. They have already updated the FA-003 with new titanium drivers(FA-003 Ti), I bought it few weeks ago.
I just hope they keep the wooden cup feature the same, I did hope to update mine to some nice Karelien wood. 

I just got the Jaycar's and I am in love with them, where can you order the  FA-003 Ti's in the US?

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #2,768 of 3,047
Quote:
Been more than 4 months now.

True that, my guess is they are doing their best to get rid of all the old stock of their distributors. The Ti version was just release literally few weeks ago. 
Quote:
I just got the Jaycar's and I am in love with them, where can you order the  FA-003 Ti's in the US?

I dont think they are out in the US yet. From the spec the only thing which has changed is the tops and bottoms are extended slightly, the jay car prices are crazy insane, to tell you the truth if I found out sooner that jay cars sells this I would have bought that and saved myself around 120 AUD! I got my for 219 AUD. 

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #2,769 of 3,047
Quote:
True that, my guess is they are doing their best to get rid of all the old stock of their distributors. The Ti version was just release literally few weeks ago. 
I dont think they are out in the US yet. From the spec the only thing which has changed is the tops and bottoms are extended slightly, the jay car prices are crazy insane, to tell you the truth if I found out sooner that jay cars sells this I would have bought that and saved myself around 120 AUD! I got my for 219 AUD. 

And the shipping took only TWO days! Shipped from Australia on the 11Th and the DHL guy was knocking on my door on the 13Th!

Feb 19, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #2,772 of 3,047
Quote:

wow another change?

anyone already tried the titanium driver?

Feb 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #2,773 of 3,047
Quote:

wow another change?

anyone already tried the titanium driver?

I have it and I love it, truly a remarkable headphone. I cannot compare it with the original so dont ask me. Based on what I have been told it is same sound signature just more extension on lower and upper regions. 

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #2,774 of 3,047
Quote:
I have it and I love it, truly a remarkable headphone. I cannot compare it with the original so dont ask me. Based on what I have been told it is same sound signature just more extension on lower and upper regions. 

damn, i hope it will available soon in my country.

i already love my wooden FA-003, hope this one will make it better :D

Feb 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #2,775 of 3,047
Quote:

damn, i hope it will available soon in my country.

i already love my wooden FA-003, hope this one will make it better :D

Design wise it is identical so you should be able to use your wooden cup so all you need is to test the drivers with your wooden cup and decide if it is worth the upgrade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back