Review: Fiio E7
Oct 24, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #181 of 548

Quote:
Most i've tried with it is 150ohm, it could power 300ohm but i don't think there would be enough volume to actually be able to listen to anything.

Well, i will try the cans out in a while, both with amp and with the iphone. The best thing is to listen for yourself, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #182 of 548
I do like to listen to my music at excessive volumes levels, so maybe for a average listening volume the fiio could power up to 200ohm, i really think with 300ohm the volume will be far to soft though.

Oct 24, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #184 of 548

Quote:
The E7 will struggle to power anything above 150ohm, my sennhesier pxc450 are 150ohm and the E7 struggles with them it just about powers them on max volume, the E7 sounds great with whatever i use it with sound quality wise.

But I use E7 with my Koss 4AAT which 250 Ohms , It's pretty good performance.

Oct 24, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #185 of 548
Guys, it's not all necessarily about ohms. The AKG 701 is only 70ohm or something but it's one of the hardest cans to drive well out there. Equally my 50ohm HD 595 can be driven to deafening volumes by my iPod but my 16ohm RE-ZERO is still perfectly listenable at full volume. There's also a big difference between being driven well and driven loud. From my reading the HD 800 needs a bit of a kick behind it to shine, and that information is more useful than just misleading numbers.

Oct 24, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #186 of 548

Quote:
Guys, it's not all necessarily about ohms. The AKG 701 is only 70ohm or something but it's one of the hardest cans to drive well out there. Equally my 50ohm HD 595 can be driven to deafening volumes by my iPod but my 16ohm RE-ZERO is still perfectly listenable at full volume. There's also a big difference between being driven well and driven loud. From my reading the HD 800 needs a bit of a kick behind it to shine, and that information is more useful than just misleading numbers.

You're absolutely right. Ohms are not everything...

Oct 25, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #187 of 548
After what i've noticed lately, the iPhone can drive the HD 800 pretty good, about for one thing - not very loud. 

As i said, i will try out the HD 800 with the iPhone, though i won't be able to try the Fiio E7. Will the E7 boost the volume, and if not - does anybody know a portable amp that DOES boost the volume without affecting the quality? 

JRG1990 doubted the volume would do, but i would like to hear from more people, if possible.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #188 of 548
Looks like my Fiio E7 got some problems with battery :frowning2:

It discharges when amplifier is turned off. Few days (up to week) and it's so empty that default settings are returned after start after full charging.
With 10 hours of using through the week..

Pity.

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #190 of 548
@ RDNRVN
The ATH M50's sound great with the E7 although I'm sure they will sound better with a more expensive amp but for the price and sleek look of the E7 for $100 you can't complain!

@ Micca
thanks for the fast shipping (amazon Prime) and great items (E7 and L3 cable)
very satisfied with my purchase of the E7 I ordered my package @ like 1 in the
morning on tuesday and got it thursday! thanks again!

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #191 of 548
This might be off topic or whatever, but i saw on the fii0 main site, that the E9 is out somplaces. With the e7 pluggin right into it.. when will the e9 be out so i can plug mine in. The sleek look of both these items is just a compliment to the performance, which has been getting better and better from the e3 on

Oct 29, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #192 of 548
Should be available in the US very soon.

According to the fiio rep on 10/26

"
We had already shiped out E9 to UK, Australia, and today will ship out to Japan, Swedent, USA! "

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/518817/introduction-of-e9

Oct 31, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #193 of 548
just bought an E7 yesterday. This is my first amp. I'm now using it with my HP laptop + Sony XB700. I have a problem : when the input to E7 is using USB cable, there is always hiss sound. But the problem is end when using the 3.5 jack input. do you know why ? I tried with another USB cables also, but problem is still there. thank

Oct 31, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #194 of 548
Quote:
just bought an E7 yesterday. This is my first amp. I'm now using it with my HP laptop + Sony XB700. I have a problem : when the input to E7 is using USB cable, there is always hiss sound. But the problem is end when using the 3.5 jack input. do you know why ? I tried with another USB cables also, but problem is still there. thank

Have you tried the E7 on another PC?

Oct 31, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #195 of 548

Quote:

-does this also occur when the laptop isn't plugged in/charging?

-if no, what side is the USB port/3.5mm jack relative to where plug in the power cord?
-if yes, what ClieOS said -- have you tried this on another computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back