Review: Fiio E7
Oct 31, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #196 of 548

Quote:
just bought an E7 yesterday. This is my first amp. I'm now using it with my HP laptop + Sony XB700. I have a problem : when the input to E7 is using USB cable, there is always hiss sound. But the problem is end when using the 3.5 jack input. do you know why ? I tried with another USB cables also, but problem is still there. thank

Does your HP have a AMD processor?  If so, you might try the AMD usb filter.

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #197 of 548

Quote:
just bought an E7 yesterday. This is my first amp. I'm now using it with my HP laptop + Sony XB700. I have a problem : when the input to E7 is using USB cable, there is always hiss sound. But the problem is end when using the 3.5 jack input. do you know why ? I tried with another USB cables also, but problem is still there. thank

USB can be noisy. The "fault" lies in the USB (and probably the inbuilt PSU in the E7). You should turn off "charging" when you plug in your E7 via USB and turn it "on" when you actually need to charge the E7. I've had my E7 for over a month and only needed to charge it once during that period. Running it on battery has also more advantages. 

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #200 of 548

Quote:
I'm from Denmark and I bought mine from Advanced MP3 Players in UK for £50.

I have no plans on going to UK
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #201 of 548
The E7 will drive my HD650's, but to really bring out the depth from the big Sennheisers, my Icon HDP is much better.

I personally got the E7 to connect my iPod to Grado 60's, which it excels at.

Nov 2, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #202 of 548

Quote:
The E7 will drive my HD650's, but to really bring out the depth from the big Sennheisers, my Icon HDP is much better.

I personally got the E7 to connect my iPod to Grado 60's, which it excels at.

Well the HDP is available here, fortunately. It costs a bit, but I will definitely keep my eye on that one, thanks. 

Can't you tell me a bit about how the 650's get through with the E7, as I have said many times - i'm looking for a valuable portable amp for starters. I'm not going to be able to buy the high-end equipment just yet. I can afford headphone(s) and a fair-sounding amp for a while. Then after some time, I will get an amp worthy of driving headphones like the HD 800. 

I don't think I will be disappointed hearing the sound coming from the HD 800 paired with the E7, for example. Such combination will probably do for some time. 

Nov 2, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #203 of 548
The E7 works perfectly fine with the HD650's.  The only reason I compared them on the E7 to the Icon HDP was to mention that the HDP's higher output is evident.  But, I rarely ever drive them to very high levels.  In fact, I'll probably never use them at the levels I had when I was testing both headphone amps.

Also, I was using high-def 24/96 FLAC files from my laptop, connected via optical to the Icon.  For the E7, I use the Fiio iPod adapter and 3.5mm cable.  So, I guess that's not really a fair comparison.  I never did try connecting the iPod to the Icon, that's not what I bought it for...

Anyway, I hope that answered your questions.

Nov 2, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #204 of 548

Quote:
The E7 works perfectly fine with the HD650's.  The only reason I compared them on the E7 to the Icon HDP was to mention that the HDP's higher output is evident.  But, I rarely ever drive them to very high levels.  In fact, I'll probably never use them at the levels I had when I was testing both headphone amps.

Also, I was using high-def 24/96 FLAC files from my laptop, connected via optical to the Icon.  For the E7, I use the Fiio iPod adapter and 3.5mm cable.  So, I guess that's not really a fair comparison.  I never did try connecting the iPod to the Icon, that's not what I bought it for...

Anyway, I hope that answered your questions.

It did, thanks man
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #206 of 548
I'll say it depends. My MacBook Pro has an awful lot of "electronic" noise. More than once I have connected my Shures SE 530 only to regret it. But, using the E7, I do enjoy listening to movies on the MBP. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back