[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jan 11, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #6,976 of 7,021
Is there somewhere that repairs the ASG 2.5's still? My left side driver has started showing signs of rattling from what I can hear, as well as the low end going out on the left side every once in a while.
Oh my god I have got the EXACT same problem with mine and it started two days ago. The low-end of my left driver has died and I can hear a little rattling. I'm devastated. I'm assuming it's because I constantly listen to it every day with the bass port 100% open?

I'll email those folk at fender as well and see what they can do... Bought mine at the end of 2016 though. How long are these things supposed to last?

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #6,977 of 7,021
Oh my god I have got the EXACT same problem with mine and it started two days ago. The low-end of my left driver has died and I can hear a little rattling. I'm devastated. I'm assuming it's because I constantly listen to it every day with the bass port 100% open?

I'll email those folk at fender as well and see what they can do... Bought mine at the end of 2016 though. How long are these things supposed to last?
I've read this happens eventually to most of them...not even sure I'll get them repaired if it costs too much. Does anyone know of a good alternative to the ASG 2.5's?

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #6,978 of 7,021
I've read this happens eventually to most of them...not even sure I'll get them repaired if it costs too much. Does anyone know of a good alternative to the ASG 2.5's?
Is there even anything that can sound like these with the bass ports 100% open? They are like in-ear subwoofers. This is an honest question. If someone knows where I can find something that can push that much air please let me know... I have no idea what to do now.

I have a pair of XB90EX and I decided to use them today and they don't even come close to experience my 2.5s gave me...

I'm broken.

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #6,979 of 7,021
I remember the Fender FXA11s that I tried in Hong Kong had pretty slamming bass, but the clarity of the rest of the range was still pretty solid.

Jan 12, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #6,980 of 7,021
Is there even anything that can sound like these with the bass ports 100% open? They are like in-ear subwoofers. This is an honest question. If someone knows where I can find something that can push that much air please let me know... I have no idea what to do now.

I have a pair of XB90EX and I decided to use them today and they don't even come close to experience my 2.5s gave me...

I'm broken.
Hey I contacted fender directly and they gave me an email address to contact. FenderIEMS@fender.com

And they have already replied back within 30 mins so it's worth a shot! Not sure how much repairs will be yet.

Mar 27, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #6,982 of 7,021
Hoping somebody can point me to the right direction on this.

Bought used ASG 2.5 BN about 2 weeks ago, received it last week. Was working 2 days before I noticed sound cutting in and out. As I moved my head left and right music goes in and out. I know there's a connection issue. Tried different cables and DAPs, same result.

Reached out to Fender hoping they can fix it on my $$, they pretty much just told me i'm out of luck since I'm not the original owner. I like these 2.5 a lot and they're not my only set of IEM. They're harder to come by so I want them to be fixed at a reasonable cost.

Anyone know of a place that can fix my left earpiece?

Mar 27, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #6,983 of 7,021

Bought used ASG 2.5 BN about 2 weeks ago, received it last week. Was working 2 days before I noticed sound cutting in and out. As I moved my head left and right music goes in and out. I know there's a connection issue. Tried different cables and DAPs, same result.

Reached out to Fender hoping they can fix it on my $$, they pretty much just told me i'm out of luck since I'm not the original owner. I like these 2.5 a lot and they're not my only set of IEM. They're harder to come by so I want them to be fixed at a reasonable cost.

I emailed them a while back and it was going to cost too much to fix them.

I bought the Rose Cappuccino Mk2 a few months ago and I think I may like them more than the ASG 2.5's. They have a ton of bass which I like but they just sound better.

Mar 27, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #6,984 of 7,021

I bought the Rose Cappuccino Mk2 a few months ago and I think I may like them more than the ASG 2.5's. They have a ton of bass which I like but they just sound better.
If it costs more than what I paid ($360) then no point in getting it fixed. I'll just wait and see if somebody has a working left earpiece they want to sell :)

Fender customer relations could've at least given me the cost to fix it. But instead they kicked me away.

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #6,985 of 7,021

I would definitely agree with this. Cappuccino MK2 have wonderful bass but they win over ASG2.0/2.5 in terms of mids clarity and treble extension, although this makes them more "agressive" (they don't sound smooth like the ASG2.x).

I hope you can keep your Rose IEMs alive for more than a year, because built quality is definitely their weakness (usually one of the dynamic drivers failing...).

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #6,986 of 7,021
I would definitely agree with this. Cappuccino MK2 have wonderful bass but they win over ASG2.0/2.5 in terms of mids clarity and treble extension, although this makes them more "agressive" (they don't sound smooth like the ASG2.x).

I hope you can keep your Rose IEMs alive for more than a year, because built quality is definitely their weakness (usually one of the dynamic drivers failing...).
Well a year would be longer than the 2.5s lasted for me! Lol

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #6,988 of 7,021
Hey I contacted fender directly and they gave me an email address to contact. FenderIEMS@fender.com

And they have already replied back within 30 mins so it's worth a shot! Not sure how much repairs will be yet.
You be surprised, many times repaired for free.

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #6,989 of 7,021

Bad luck bro , You should have choose to buy my minty chrome 2.5.

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #6,990 of 7,021
Bad luck bro , You should have choose to buy my minty chrome 2.5.
HAHA, I bought the brushed nickel instead at the time since the chrome were way too out there.

If you ever need a backup right ear piece, let me know.

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #6,990 of 7,021
I can see some 2.2 Stealth on the second hand market. Marked ASG22 on the warranty card. Are they somewhere between the 2 and the 2.5? I’ve heard 2.5 recently and have been impressed, looking to buy a pair.

I got a very new mint pair for sale atm , i had posted up for sale it can be found on the buy sell section .
The asg2.5 I'm selling is a chrome .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back