[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Oct 19, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #3,826 of 7,021
Have a new ASG-2 in my possession, so far, it doesn't sound any better than my LG Quadbeat 2, heck likely worse. From what I remember, it does sound more coherent than the previous pair, but I can't help but feel these were very overrated.....Let's see what happens with more time...

Oct 19, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #3,827 of 7,021
  Have a new ASG-2 in my possession, so far, it doesn't sound any better than my LG Quadbeat 2, heck likely worse. From what I remember, it does sound more coherent than the previous pair, but I can't help but feel these were very overrated.....Let's see what happens with more time...

Lol alright then.

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #3,828 of 7,021

I don't know what it is about you that makes me want to resort to "Yo Mama" jokes, but it seems you bring out the angry 6 year old in me.

But please tell me, does it sound the same as the first set Unity sent you?

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #3,830 of 7,021
^ Hmmm i keep thinking why don't ekey boi send his set out to Rin to be measured??? Then all this faulty speculation would be over with.... just a thought.
rolleyes.gif

Oh and who sent you their Vsonic gr07 BEs/ ASG-2s inks??? Was it unity again??? Just wondering.....

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #3,831 of 7,021
  ^ Hmmm i keep thinking why don't ekey boi send his set out to Rin to be measured??? Then all this faulty speculation would be over with.... just a thought.
rolleyes.gif

Oh and who sent you their Vsonic gr07 BEs/ ASG-2s inks??? Was it unity again??? Just wondering.....

That's what Unity is doing, troll man. He got his faulty ASG-2 replaced, and sent it back out on a loan tour. New measurements will be out soon.

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #3,833 of 7,021

That's what Unity is doing, troll man. He got his faulty ASG-2 replaced, and sent it back out on a loan tour. New measurements will be out soon.

^ Welp since your set is the cream de la cream and has set the bar, it only makes sense though. Then there would be no excuses whatsoever. Just saying.....

Trying to help here.
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #3,834 of 7,021
Tight extended bass, example: EX1000/UM 3DD

Well placed midrange without midbass coloration and sibilance, example: ER4S/modded addiem

Extended, smooth detailed treble, example: LGQ2/k3003

Expansive soundstage preferred, natural timbre will be given with these qualities

Sorry ASG2 just doesn't do anything that well, it's unique sounding I'll give it that but not hi-fi at all

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #3,835 of 7,021
Tight extended bass, example: EX1000/UM 3DD

Well placed midrange with midbass coloration or sibilance, example: ER4S/modded addiem

Extended, smooth detailed treble, example: LGQ2/k3003

Expansive soundstage preferred, natural timbre will be given with these qualities

Sorry ASG2 just doesn't do anything that well, it's unique sounding I'll give it that but not hi-fi at all

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion. Thanks for the explanation.

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #3,836 of 7,021
rolleyes.gif

Oh NOoooo........ !!!!!!!!

unsubscribed 
angry_face.gif

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #3,837 of 7,021

Oh NOoooo........ !!!!!!!!

unsubscribed 
angry_face.gif

That's exactly what I thought when I saw your post, eke's response is progress and should be how opposing opinions should be handled, not with immaturity. 

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #3,838 of 7,021
Somehow I actually agree to some extent. But it just has "something". And it's all down to preference. I like it but I can see why many would even consider something like MH1C to be better or VC02. Because for some people the diminishing returns start there. The right signature, the preferred one, is enough to make a $550 iem less enjoyable than a $50 one. I agree that the ASG-2 isn't Hi-Fi at all. It doesn't have any kind of fidelity to the recording. It does however make me enjoy my music. It's a damn nice signature that makes me just relax and go with the music. It's like eating pizza at a nice Italian place. You know it's not really healthy even though you're paying a lot for it and there are candles on the table. But screw it, the pizza tastes awesome and you're enjoying the meal more than anything you've eaten that week.

What is all of this for anyway? To know exactly how a perfect FR sounds? Somewhere, deep down, we know that we all do this because we want to enjoy music. We like music so much we put a major part of our economy into this sort of perverted hobby of ours. And if that isn't because you're enjoying yourself then I think it's time to put the cans on the shelf. 

The ASG-2 isn't made for a quiet library and orchestral pieces. It's made for action. For loud environments, such as a stage. That's its natural habitat and there, it just shines. There I hear the most important things and a decent amount of details. I won't hear the last crunch on the guitar or the extended tizzle of a ride being struck. I will however get to hear the music, music that surrounds me. That sounds honest. That sounds alive. And that, friends, is what the ASG-2 is to me.

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #3,839 of 7,021
Damn it Moonyeol, there you go again. You just saved the thread. I swear reading your posts is like reading a romantic novel. Just so detailed, elegant and enriching. After I read your post I gave my ASG2 a little kiss. As a matter of fact I'm going to take them out to a "nice italian dinner" and let it order whatever it wants, then take it home, share a bottle of expensive vino and stick these babies in...my...ears...

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #3,840 of 7,021
Dunno about other ASG2 and pairing out there, but I'm enjoying my classicals immensely with my asg-2 on dx50.  I agree it is non flat and non ER4S, but can't agree it is non hifi as it is transparent enough as a window into the music I'm listening to.  I was critical of the ASG2 with my original pair, but it came back much better after the reshell and probably some tuning by Dale and team, which I also understand is apply to the current production.

Bottomline, for those who is considering this IEM, listen a recent batch demo with your ears and decide if it's good or not.   That, or look at some graph and read some words by your eyes and miss out on something that you might actually like.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back