Review: Audeze LCD-2 (r1 & r2), HiFiMan HE-6, Stax SR-507, Stax OII MKI/BHSE, et al
Apr 12, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #31 of 83
This is a pretty impressive review, ASR. Hats off to you. I know how much work went into this. Good stuff.

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #35 of 83

Totally agree. Comparison makes it easier to reflect whats good / not on each headphone. Standalone magazines are however the worst missing this dimension. IMO. 

Thanks Asr. :) I´ve seen your previous reviews (cf. initial post) before via Google and have one of them in PDF on my iPad / iBooks. I´ll add the most recent as well. Good to have these in the offline archive.

Quote:
Further thanks for the review.    My own feeling is that the only reviews that are worth reading are comparisons.  TheHead-fi  review section misses the point IMHO.

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #36 of 83

Quote:
Great review! I bet a lot of time and effort were put into this. Thanks.

I agree with most of the things mentioned here regarding LCD2, HE6, HD800, JH13, O2 but one thing I disagree is that HE6 lacks bass compared to HD800. HE6 produce plenty of bass even with my not so impressive rig. I was quite surprised to read that they lack bass compared to other headphones that were mentioned in the review. In my opinion both headphones hits very low but HE6 has a bit more bass quantity than HD800 (doesn't necessarily mean good). I really want to try SR-507 and compare it to HE6.

x2. I was really surprised to read what Asr found here....the HE-6 had more bass (esp the lower octaves) than the HD800...it was easily noticeable. It was deep, hard-hitting, resonant and huge. Also, the HD800 had a significantly larger and deeper soundstage than the HE-6 IME.

Other than that...great review, really enjoyed reading it.

Apr 13, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #37 of 83

Quote:
x2. I was really surprised to read what Asr found here....the HE-6 had more bass (esp the lower octaves) than the HD800...it was easily noticeable. It was deep, hard-hitting, resonant and huge. Also, the HD800 had a significantly larger and deeper soundstage than the HE-6 IME.

Other than that...great review, really enjoyed reading it.

Agreed - great review overall, but the comments on the HE-6 aren't compatible with my experience with those headphones.

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #38 of 83

Quote:
Agreed - great review overall, but the comments on the HE-6 aren't compatible with my experience with those headphones.

Mine either - wonder if ASR's pair is somehow bad?

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #39 of 83
Interesting Comparisons. 
Now I want to hear Violin Concerto in E major by Julia Fischer with my Stax O2 mk1.

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #40 of 83
Apr 13, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #42 of 83
Apr 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #43 of 83
beerchug.gif
Bass shows on the graphs better than HD800 which is also the way I heard it when I owned the HD800 and HE6 side by side.

Quote:
Quote:
Mine either - wonder if ASR's pair is somehow bad?

It's Larry's pair...and Larry knows good sound.

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #44 of 83
Apr 13, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #45 of 83
I'll read the pdf later but the parts of the OP I did read I pretty much agreed with.  I liked that you weren't afraid to list negatives...it seems now people think a review means taking some pictures of your system and just talking about all the things you love about your new headphones.  Thanks for the good review, there are few around these days.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back