Recommend me headphones (yes I've read the stickies, but...)
Mar 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ShinReine

New Head-Fier
Hi peeps. Been reading through the forums, and I need help on what to get. My Monster Turbine Coppers are broken, standard cable-wiggle-for-sound issue. I don't mind paying for good headphones, but I don't want to pay for too much either.

Problem is, I live in the Philippines, so I don't have access to most of the ones you can suggest for me (otherwise, I wouldn't be posting). Here are the ones I can find and let me know which ones you can suggest are good, bad, whatever.

Last note, before I start posting stuff I can get. I'm normally an IEM's guy. I like being able to sleep with earphones in, and rolling around left and right. I also like how they're almost weightless. However, I'm interested in trying full-sized, closed headphones. I know there will be some getting used to, some changes in how I move about. I'm not that big of an audiophile, so I may not be able to getll the differences of highs, lows and mids unless they're at their extremes, but I do want to get the most out of what I can get. In short, headphones and recommend something you would get for yourself.

If it helps, I typically like rap, hip-hop and RnB. Got loads in my iPod, but I have a wide variety of songs for all genre's, even soundtracks from games. So... preferrably something that has very good bass, but can also be good everywhere else... if there is such a thing.

Stuff I can find:

Senheisser Hd228
Senheisser Hd205
Senheisser Hd428
Senheisser Hd448
Senheisser Hd238
Sony Xb700
Sony 7506
Sony V6
Sony Xb40
Sony V900hd
AKG K414
AKG K420
AKG K430
AKG K450
Audio Technica ATH-M20
Pioneer HDJ 1000
Superlux HD 681
Superlux HD 651

Also, if I've posted IEM's here, kindly ignore then. Just copy-pasting stuff from the online stores here.

...or should I just go for Monster Headphones (Dre, Luda, etc.). I DO realize that you may not recognize some of the brands and/or models (some maybe asian releases or something).

Thanks much, more power!

Mar 26, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 9
The budget shouldn't really matter. Just wondering if any of those in the list are stuff that you could recommend. Again, I live outside the US, so prices are different, and online retailers price stuff differently from malls/stores.

Mar 26, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
The budget shouldn't really matter. Just wondering if any of those in the list are stuff that you could recommend. Again, I live outside the US, so prices are different, and online retailers price stuff differently from malls/stores.

Definitely look into the Beyerdynamic DT770, Shure SRH750DJ or Audio Technica PRO700MK2.

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
As much as possible, I'd like to go see the product, feel it in my hands, and have the right to decline and walk away. Call me old-fashioned...

Can't you guys recommend anything? :frowning2:

I agree with you there. Unfortunately, stores that have good stock are rare even here in America, where the market is plentiful. I haven't been able to try out any of the good headphones I have, I just order them online and hope they work well. If you want the best bang for your buck, your local stores probably won't have the nicest headphones for your use. You're better off buying online and just reselling them if you don't like them. That system has worked pretty well for me, and I get to try out headphones for a more extended period of time than I would with just an in-store demo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back