RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Oct 30, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #856 of 3,674
She’s 13 and for her last birthday she asked for a DAP :D I’m pretty sure she’s hooked!

It’s just a matter of time until we start seeing some review posts by her on here hehe

I assume you got her the LP6Ti. Expensive tastes. You're quite the bro...!

Oct 30, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #857 of 3,674
Damn when I was 13, I was happy if I could find my $5 ear buds in one piece. That’s awesome!

Oct 30, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #858 of 3,674
I assume you got her the LP6Ti. Expensive tastes. You're quite the bro...!
I let her use my LPGT for a few hours... she asked me if that’s what phones were like when I was a child :D

Oct 30, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #859 of 3,674
So I’ve only had the Rhapsodio Infinity MK2 since Wednesday but I’ve probably put about 20 hours on them at least of listening. So I feel I’m pretty familiar with how they sound in their current state. I’m not one to really go on about IEM burn in because I don’t think it drastically makes any changes, especially in an all BA unit, although both Valentin and Sammy recommend around 300 hours?

Either way, initial impressions so far!

I’m actually struggling to pinpoint its signature, I’d say somewhere between neutral or slight U shape but great extension, especially on the upper end. It has some of the best BA treble I’ve heard that isn’t Tia. It is super sparkly and airy without being sibilant or crunchy.

The mids are awesome, I’d say fairly linear with the rest of the signature or maybe a SLIGHT recession, but the texture of them is pretty incredible which really helps bring your attention to them. Vocals are amongst some of the best I have heard and the imaging on them is super holographic. They are not thin by any means, I considered the Odin to have thin mids and overall a thin sound signature, this is not like that.

Bass on it is pretty neutral and overall leaves a bit to be desired for my tastes. It has good quality but the quantity for me is a bit on the light side, and compared to the best BA bass IEMs I have heard (erlk/A18s), the Infinity falls rather short there. It’s not a bass heads IEM by any means imo, but once you hear the mids/treble of this IEM you’ll quickly realize the bass is the supporting cast here and not the star of the show. I will say though that with the neutral bass tuning, it doesn’t make the overall sound of the IEM come across as thin nor does it affect the IEMs engagement.

It’s one of the most detailed IEMs I have heard, I think it may actually beat the Erlkonig in pure detail retrieval, but the problem I have really saying that is I don’t know if that’s down to the more open/laid back sound signature of if it’s actually the technical capabilities of the IEM itself. Regardless, it leaves nothing to be desired on that aspect in my opinion.

The soundstage is very holographic, amongst the best I have heard. It gives you a very immersive listen.

Overall I am very very impressed, which leaves me with a huge problem. I really want to keep it, but to keep it I HAVE to sell my Max and possibly my M5 to recover some of the funds. Which if I’m being honest I don’t really want to part with the Max and I don’t want to take the loss on any CIEMs. So this will likely be up for sale shortly so I can get the funds back.

Out of all the TOTL IEMs I have heard it’s the one I have wanted to keep the most that isn’t the Erlkonig, does it top the Erlky for me? Nope, but it is a nice complementary IEM for sure.

TLDR:

Pros -

Treble extension/detail
Mid texture and vocals
Engagement levels
Detail retrieval

Cons -

Bass (for my preferences)
Size of IEM is large (I can’t see it posing fit problems though as the nozzle is long and most of the size is in the outer part of the shell)

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #860 of 3,674
So I’ve only had the Rhapsodio Infinity MK2 since Wednesday but I’ve probably put about 20 hours on them at least of listening. So I feel I’m pretty familiar with how they sound in their current state. I’m not one to really go on about IEM burn in because I don’t think it drastically makes any changes, especially in an all BA unit, although both Valentin and Sammy recommend around 300 hours?

Either way, initial impressions so far!

I’m actually struggling to pinpoint its signature, I’d say somewhere between neutral or slight U shape but great extension, especially on the upper end. It has some of the best BA treble I’ve heard that isn’t Tia. It is super sparkly and airy without being sibilant or crunchy.

The mids are awesome, I’d say fairly linear with the rest of the signature or maybe a SLIGHT recession, but the texture of them is pretty incredible which really helps bring your attention to them. Vocals are amongst some of the best I have heard and the imaging on them is super holographic. They are not thin by any means, I considered the Odin to have thin mids and overall a thin sound signature, this is not like that.

Bass on it is pretty neutral and overall leaves a bit to be desired for my tastes. It has good quality but the quantity for me is a bit on the light side, and compared to the best BA bass IEMs I have heard (erlk/A18s), the Infinity falls rather short there. It’s not a bass heads IEM by any means imo, but once you hear the mids/treble of this IEM you’ll quickly realize the bass is the supporting cast here and not the star of the show. I will say though that with the neutral bass tuning, it doesn’t make the overall sound of the IEM come across as thin nor does it affect the IEMs engagement.

It’s one of the most detailed IEMs I have heard, I think it may actually beat the Erlkonig in pure detail retrieval, but the problem I have really saying that is I don’t know if that’s down to the more open/laid back sound signature of if it’s actually the technical capabilities of the IEM itself. Regardless, it leaves nothing to be desired on that aspect in my opinion.

The soundstage is very holographic, amongst the best I have heard. It gives you a very immersive listen.

Overall I am very very impressed, which leaves me with a huge problem. I really want to keep it, but to keep it I HAVE to sell my Max and possibly my M5 to recover some of the funds. Which if I’m being honest I don’t really want to part with the Max and I don’t want to take the loss on any CIEMs. So this will likely be up for sale shortly so I can get the funds back.

Out of all the TOTL IEMs I have heard it’s the one I have wanted to keep the most that isn’t the Erlkonig, does it top the Erlky for me? Nope, but it is a nice complementary IEM for sure.

TLDR:

Pros -

Treble extension/detail
Mid texture and vocals
Engagement levels
Detail retrieval

Cons -

Bass (for my preferences)
Size of IEM is large (I can’t see it posing fit problems though as the nozzle is long and post of the size is in the outer part of the shell)
fantastic impressions, very well said.
and i think i saw a "WTB" for an Infinity, so maybe you'll be in luck w/ a quick sale LMAO

Oct 30, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #861 of 3,674
Oct 30, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #862 of 3,674
Yes you’re right, something neutral. The M5 treble doesn’t bother me too much, but I’ll appreciate an improvement. I’ll prefer universal
P-ear-S SH3... check the reviews, it might give you an idea

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2020 at 6:05 AM Post #863 of 3,674
The Harrods has a hifi store? What? Damn if I knew when I last visited London..

Yes, I just found out about this recently too.
Am thinking to go there and have a listen to the Odin and whatever else they have that's good :D
Edit: I think I heard Selfridges also offers some IEMs too

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #864 of 3,674
As promised to Michael, I am sharing my thoughts about the Lotoo Paw Gold, with a comparison to the LPGT. Note that I sold the LPGT before I got the LPG, so I am not able to do a side-by-side comparison; hopefully, this is still useful.

LPG in 2020 - A wonderful "trimmed-down" version of the LPGT?

I want to start with my conclusion - the LPG delivers the same level of, if not better, sound quality compared to the LPGT.

Today I have been mainly testing it with female vocals and orchestra and with two IEMs - JVC FW10000 and Sony IER-Z1R. I think most people are familiar with the Z1R. For the FW10000, it is incredibly popular among Asian users and has been regarded as the best pairing with the LPG, with the strength in classical music and in particular with orchestras. Both of them work great with the LPG. Since I used to own the LP6K, I can definitely say that the LPG better drives both IEMs compared to the LP6K and almost to their full potentials.

So, how does the LPG different from the LPGT? Viewing from the angle of 2020 and considering the fact that the price of a used LPG has dropped significantly, I think it can be considered as a "trimmed-down" version of the LPGT, not in terms of music quality but in terms of usability/functionality. Specifically, the LPG:
  • Only has 3.5 mm output;
  • Lacks the touch screen and beautiful album cover display;
  • Cannot be used as a USB DAC/Bluetooth DAC;
  • The way it operates reminds me of the MP3 in early 2000s...
However, there is something incredibly appealing about it, even in 2020:
  • The sound quality is TOTL.
  • Its small form factors. This is in fact my favorite part - It is about half the size and weight compared to the LPGT, making it truly portable. I have attached two pictures using the same iPhone as the size comparison benchmark.

When we put the three products of LP6K, LPG, and LPGT together, I am coming to this conclusion about their product line in 2020.
  • LPG - offers the sound quality of LPGT in a small form factor; its interface and useability, however, are somewhat outdated.
  • LP6k - excellent overall usability; has all the "modern" features of a top DAP. Its sound quality, however, is not as impressive as the LPG or the LPGT.
  • LPGT - best of both worlds: sound quality and usability. Its only possible weakness, in my mind, is the lack of streaming services, which is in principle solvable by using its USB DAC function.

Attachments

• B89DB853-64D0-4F64-B311-8F84BA6E3A91.jpeg
    B89DB853-64D0-4F64-B311-8F84BA6E3A91.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 7B5AEBC2-5C17-4695-9757-391272FB83E8.jpeg
    7B5AEBC2-5C17-4695-9757-391272FB83E8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 7CC2FAB5-3380-4432-8F77-B12C2C5F7F4E.jpeg
    7CC2FAB5-3380-4432-8F77-B12C2C5F7F4E.jpeg
    949.1 KB · Views: 0
  • E92117E9-9AE4-444A-B385-4D2F503123F5.jpeg
    E92117E9-9AE4-444A-B385-4D2F503123F5.jpeg
    848.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 5, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #865 of 3,674
As promised to Michael, I am sharing my thoughts about the Lotoo Paw Gold, with a comparison to the LPGT. Note that I sold the LPGT before I got the LPG, so I am not able to do a side-by-side comparison; hopefully, this is still useful.

LPG in 2020 - A wonderful "trimmed-down" version of the LPGT?

I want to start with my conclusion - the LPG delivers the same level of, if not better, sound quality compared to the LPGT.

Today I have been mainly testing it with female vocals and orchestra and with two IEMs - JVC FW10000 and Sony IER-Z1R. I think most people are familiar with the Z1R. For the FW10000, it is incredibly popular among Asian users and has been regarded as the best pairing with the LPG, with the strength in classical music and in particular with orchestras. Both of them work great with the LPG. Since I used to own the LP6K, I can definitely say that the LPG better drives both IEMs compared to the LP6K and almost to their full potentials.

So, how does the LPG different from the LPGT? Viewing from the angle of 2020 and considering the fact that the price of a used LPG has dropped significantly, I think it can be considered as a "trimmed-down" version of the LPGT, not in terms of music quality but in terms of usability/functionality. Specifically, the LPG:
  • Only has 3.5 mm output;
  • Lacks the touch screen and beautiful album cover display;
  • Cannot be used as a USB DAC/Bluetooth DAC;
  • The way it operates reminds me of the MP3 in early 2000s...
However, there is something incredibly appealing about it, even in 2020:
  • The sound quality is TOTL.
  • Its small form factors. This is in fact my favorite part - It is about half the size and weight compared to the LPGT, making it truly portable. I have attached two pictures using the same iPhone as the size comparison benchmark.

When we put the three products of LP6K, LPG, and LPGT together, I am coming to this conclusion about their product line in 2020.
  • LPG - offers the sound quality of LPGT in a small form factor; its interface and useability, however, are somewhat outdated.
  • LP6k - excellent overall usability; has all the "modern" features of a top DAP. Its sound quality, however, is not as impressive as the LPG or the LPGT.
  • LPGT - best of both worlds: sound quality and usability. Its only possible weakness, in my mind, is the lack of streaming services, which is in principle solvable by using its USB DAC function.
There's just something really appealing about the LPG, it looks and feels like a top secret device the soviets used during the Cold War :D

Nov 5, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #866 of 3,674
There's just something really appealing about the LPG, it looks and feels like a top secret device the soviets used during the Cold War :D
Indeed :jecklinsmile: The LPG is one of a kind and offers a completely different experience than any other DAPs I have owned; like playing with a vintage gear that delivers a “modern” sound in 2020.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #867 of 3,674
Indeed :jecklinsmile: The LPG is one of a kind and offers a completely different experience than any other DAPs I have owned; like playing with a vintage gear that delivers a “modern” sound in 2020.
Sounds like a winner! I'll certainly be on the lookout for a used one here in the EU, it's something I've always lowkey wanted to pick up :D

Nov 7, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #870 of 3,674
CA53DC00-AF95-4EAC-AAB3-EC66B64FBA11.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back