RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Apr 13, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #1,966 of 3,674
It does have some common characteristics with the Traillii, I agree. The biggest issue for me with the MEST is the lower treble is quite prominent and the sub bass, while amazing in rumble and texture, simply lacks that “thump” that I feel is kinda a necessity. Every time I hear it on some of my EDM drops I am mentally prepared for it to shake my skull and then all of a sudden it’s like punching a pillow.
You shall soon find out whether C9 would help to address these drawbacks. Seem to work for me. :) And the added tube sound from it shall help MEST on the ”fun” side a bit.

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #1,968 of 3,674
Unfortunately my desktop amps are the ones feeding the 1266TC and Diana Phi :frowning2: I’d replace them in a heartbeat if anything portable could supply enough juice for those two, but alas, that’s not the case. I heard abyss is working on an IEM though, which sounds extremely interesting - they’re certainly on my watch list

The Sultan is indeed an excellent IEM. I personally always need something a little more colored and exaggerated in my collection or else I get a little too bored, and the sultan is one of the best options for that

Hmmm, how would you describe sultan vs fourté og?
I am very curious on this and been eyeing and walking around sultan many times already. 😅😛

It does have some common characteristics with the Traillii, I agree. The biggest issue for me with the MEST is the lower treble is quite prominent and the sub bass, while amazing in rumble and texture, simply lacks that “thump” that I feel is kinda a necessity. Every time I hear it on some of my EDM drops I am mentally prepared for it to shake my skull and then all of a sudden it’s like punching a pillow.

🤣🤣🤣

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #1,969 of 3,674
Hmmm, how would you describe sultan vs fourté og?
I am very curious on this and been eyeing and walking around sultan many times already. 😅😛

🤣🤣🤣
Where you been? Missed you?

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #1,970 of 3,674
Apr 13, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #1,971 of 3,674
Oh really you prefer the paw6000 over LPGT?
is it because it has a paw in its name 😛🙂
I thought lpgt is superior over paw6k due of the technical aspects
dude...

HOW do you not own a DAP with paw in the name?!

Apr 13, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #1,973 of 3,674
Where you been? Missed you?

I am one of the lucky Tiger, I found my end game and now loosing the desire to try anything new as everything I try fourté always wins dang it almost feels like this iem is rigged and hacking it with such ease threw any challanger.

@Vitaly2017 has been preoccupied with his new cable lol

Hehe I got those right now 😛

dude...

HOW do you not own a DAP with paw in the name?!

Let me fix this real quickly 🙂 engraving my aka with a Paw and a Tiger asap!

Attachments

• PXL_20210409_165100341~2.jpg
    PXL_20210409_165100341~2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 14, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #1,975 of 3,674
I am one of the lucky Tiger, I found my end game and now loosing the desire to try anything new as everything I try fourté always wins dang it almost feels like this iem is rigged and hacking it with such ease threw any challanger.
I know the feeling. Nothing out there can do quite what the Fourte can do quite as well. If you enjoy the tuning, it's almost impossible to beat IMO. That said I do pair it with an LX. Sometimes I just need more bass and more organic warmth than the Fourte.

Apr 14, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #1,976 of 3,674
Glad for you finding your Nirvana. You have a reputation to uphold for wonderlust and superlatives. 👍😁👌

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #1,977 of 3,674
Glad for you finding your Nirvana. You have a reputation to uphold for wonderlust and superlatives. 👍😁👌

Follow the Tigers tail path to discover the most sacred audio gear of the universe 🥰
🐅🐾🌿☘️

Apr 14, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #1,978 of 3,674
Apr 14, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #1,979 of 3,674
The Thummim has landed, first song, “Dogs of War,” Pink Floyd, Delicate Sound of Thunder. Those dogs of war were way out in my backyard, the head stage on these is out of this world!

Apr 14, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #1,980 of 3,674
The Thummim has landed, first song, “Dogs of War,” Pink Floyd, Delicate Sound of Thunder. Those dogs of war were way out in my backyard, the head stage on these is out of this world!
How’s the fit for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back