PS1000 Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #3,541 of 3,605
How do you find the Schiit Lyr 2 with your Grados? I got one when Grado Labs recommended them in a response to my query. They later recommended the Lotoo PAW Gold as a great DAP for Grados, and I got that as well.

I find both are wonderful. I complemented my Lyr 2 with a Bifrost DAC, which I later upgraded to multibit, and I have never heard a better DAC.

Sep 8, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #3,543 of 3,605
Hey fellas, would any of you guys be interested in trading your chrome PS for a rare satin version? I repeat satin, not matte.
what serial number is that? and why do you want to trade?

Sep 8, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #3,546 of 3,605
It's no. 136 and honestly I just miss the chrome! Had one a while back and I realized that I like it better than satin.

Ah i see. I've #157 myself, and i absolutely love the satin finish.

Sorry to but in. But could you tell me what is a FAD FI-BA-SS? Once again, I noticed something interesting in your signature.
Final Audio Design - FI-BA-SS, my end game in IEM world, a bit like the GR10e, but more clarity and tighter bass.

Sep 8, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #3,547 of 3,605
Ah i see. I've #157 myself, and i absolutely love the satin finish.

Final Audio Design - FI-BA-SS, my end game in IEM world, a bit like the GR10e, but more clarity and tighter bass.
Thanks. I had an original GR10 a few years ago. Loved them except the cables were both weak and attached. I'll have a look at the FAB.

Sep 9, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #3,548 of 3,605
Well, I found a nice pair of demo chromes for a decent price, so now the satins are up for sale!

Also, if any of you blokes are looking for an all-in-one that sounds great with the PS1ks, have a look at the audio-gd R2R 11. This little guy is my favorite combo unit for under $1000. And it cost $350!!!

Sep 13, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #3,549 of 3,605
Thanks. I had an original GR10 a few years ago. Loved them except the cables were both weak and attached. I'll have a look at the FAB.
The cable of the FI-BA-SS is also attached, there's a modified version, the AKR-02, which has detachable cable.
I didn't feel that the GR10 or GR10e cable was very weak though.

Oct 20, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #3,551 of 3,605
I just sold my Focal Utopia (at only a small monetary loss). The reason ? I recently bought a pair of "like new" PS1000 headphones from the original owner who took very good care of them. All I had to do was get a new pair of GS-cush ear pads & I bought Grado original ones from High End Audio Exchange located in Kingston, Ontario. So my point is, I've been listening to the PS1000 for the last month and a half much more than my other headphones including my ex Utopia. IMHO (maybe I don't have the proper amps or source for the Utopia), to my ears and taste, I much prefer the PS1000 (not the "e" model BTW) sound so I have no regrets selling the Focal. I'm not going to spend any more money on expensive amps as I've done in the past because I find that my present set up is good enough. My amps are the Rupert Neve Designs RNHP, the JDS Labs O2 (what a great little amp, simply incredible) and my old and long time vintage Kenwood KA-8006 Integrated Amplifier, circa 1974 w/ 70 wpc. The PS1000 is one of the best headphones I've ever listened to. I prefer it to the HD800 which I've owned on four separate occasions, the HD800 S, the Utopia, the Audeze LCD 2 rev.2, & many other expensive headphones. I've owned other Grados including the HP1000/ HP2 & the PS1000e but this one is my favourite.

Oct 21, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #3,552 of 3,605
Great that you are loving your PS1000! I too prefer it to my (well, actually, @joseph69 ’s, as I bought them from him) PS1000e, and they were the only Grado headphones that bested the Grado GS2000e I tried on the recent TTVJ tour, as well as in some ways beating the PS2000e of the current TTVJ tour.

Oct 21, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #3,555 of 3,605
I too prefer the PS1K to all of the TOTL headphones I've borrowed from TCC including the Utopia, which didn't do much for my tastes.

Add me to that list. Even though it means they're undervalued, the street price of non-e PS1ks is pretty low these days. I was able to find a backup for my chromies for under $700!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back