PS1000 Impressions Thread
May 20, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #1,996 of 3,605
you might wanna check ebay periodically, might find a seller who ships internationally?

Yeah. That is a possibility. If not I can buy the original pads here in Norway, at approximately the same cost as on amazon.

Edit: Cool. Found some cheap g cushions produced in China, priced at 25 usd with free shipping (!!!). I highly doubt that the material differs that much, and even if it does, its really no risk. Thanks man! Didn't even consider the bay, as I haven't been there for ages. My stock cushions are a bit shabby, since the model I bought have been used for demo purposes. The sound is brilliant though, is covered by warranty for several years and is basically only a bit burnt in. Anyways; Ordered! :)

May 20, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #1,997 of 3,605
OH, and for the record...if your head ain't bobbin and your feet ain't tappin.....your are not engaged  :p  

Ha, i have no idea what I am doing here....I don't even have a PS1000......just rambling.....carry on  :smile:

You need to remedy that....1,2,3.....Jay will be selling soon:wink:

May 20, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #1,998 of 3,605
OH, and for the record...if your head ain't bobbin and your feet ain't tappin.....your are not engaged  :p  

Ha, i have no idea what I am doing here....I don't even have a PS1000......just rambling.....carry on  :smile:

Jay will be selling soon

Nearly choked there. It feels like about every 2nd page in the several grado threads i read of him buying and then selling and then buying the same headphones again hahaha.

May 20, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #1,999 of 3,605

Jay will be selling soon

Nearly choked there. It feels like about every 2nd page in the several grado threads i read of him buying and then selling and then buying the same headphones again hahaha.

i like to keep y'all guessing !

May 20, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #2,000 of 3,605

OH, and for the record...if your head ain't bobbin and your feet ain't tappin.....your are not engaged  
tongue.gif

Ha, i have no idea what I am doing here....I don't even have a PS1000......just rambling.....carry on  
smile.gif

Lord, NO!

Tubes have me tapped out 
tongue.gif

May 20, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #2,002 of 3,605
May 20, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #2,003 of 3,605
  that might get me the hand band and the G- cushions!

oh you might have a couple of bucks left over for shopping at the shop !

May 20, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #2,004 of 3,605
May 20, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #2,005 of 3,605
  Thanks.
The wooden box? 
wink.gif

Not bad, but you should leave the humour part to me.
wink.gif

I did not have both the pink driver Rs1 and my "classic Rs1" like the one you have at the same time so I can't compare. Purely from MEMORY, without a doubt, the pink driver Rs1 have always been more ENGAGING for me than the non-pink driver, no serial number Rs1 I had, but then again I hardly ever use the Pink driver Rs1, so when I do hear it, I absolutely love it! it's like the honeymoon/new toy syndrome also comes into play though, so who knows really?

@kayandjohn for me engaging is exactly what it sounds like. Sorry, but I don't really use all the Audiophile terms correctly all the time. To me it has to do with being involved in the music. My best example is I tend to listen to music a lot when I'm also web browsing so as I'm sure many of you know, you are not really paying attention to the music and it tends to go to the background and your main focus is on whatever I'm reading online at the time. With the Rs1, more than any other headphone (rs2 honorable mention), it will grab me and pull me into the music, into the groove. There will come to a point where i have to stop browsing and shift all my attention to the music to either "jam out" or whatever it is the music calls for.

So based on what you're saying, since my RS1 have a serial number (2390), they have pink drivers?, because I just looked, and my drivers don't appear to be pink.
confused.gif

One of the several reasons I find the PS1000's so great is that they sound "big", while at the same time feeling "intimate". Its like sitting really really up close to a stage, where you can hear every detail, while still having the musicians in front of you, almost like in an arch. Another of my favorite traits is that you can listen at such low levels, while hearing everything clearly.

To be honest I treat my PS1000's like a holy grail or something, and I would be devastated if something happened to them. :wink:

Do anyone know where to get replacement g cushions at a fair price, with reasonable international shipping cost? The Ear Zonk ones from Amazon only ships via priority shipping, which cause extra customs costs while also doubling the initial price before adding this.

This is subjective, so it's a tough question to answer, and after rereading Worms's post, he's right, when he says that the kind of music you listen to, has to be taken into consideration. I prefer to use my GS/PS1k, for live and big venue recordings. Their  wider soundstage sound's more realistic than the RS1's, with this genre.

I love my PS1000 almost as much as you do Chris, but their mids are much more recessed than RS1's, wich gives the later a more intimate, and in my opinion, because of this, the RS1, are the more engaging of the two.

Regarding the PS1k's replacement earpads, don't forget that Grados are VERY sensitive when it comes to those things. The size and shape may be the same, but their density are rarely the same as Grado's oem pads..   

May 20, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #2,006 of 3,605
Just put down my order for a pair of PS1000. I got the older version, they are asking an extra AUD$900 for the E series where I live ~ no way could I justify that extra expense for what might not even be any kind improvement for my tastes. Can't wait to hear them, just praying they arrive by Friday as I have Friday to Monday off work.

May 20, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #2,007 of 3,605
This is subjective, so it's a tough question to answer, and after rereading Worms's post, he's right, when he says that the kind of music you listen to, has to be taken into consideration. I prefer to use my GS/PS1k, for live and big venue recordings. Their  wider soundstage sound's more realistic than the RS1's, with this genre.

I love my PS1000 almost as much as you do Chris, but their mids are much more recessed than RS1's, wich gives the later a more intimate, and in my opinion, because of this, the RS1, are the more engaging of the two.

Regarding the PS1k's replacement earpads, don't forget that Grados are VERY sensitive when it comes to those things. The size and shape may be the same, but their density are rarely the same as Grado's oem pads..   

Yeah. I'm aware that this could be a complete waste, but for that price I'm risking it. Sometimes these type of things comes from the exact same factories. If I score, I will probably get one or two more sets. If not, I will get two overpriced sponges that probably will work perfectly for washing my car, and then get the official ones.

Regarding the RS1. Grrr. I should really stay away from this site. I barely start to befriend a set, and then comes another potential friend, then another, then... Yeah, you get the picture. I'm willing to bet that at some point, I will own a RS1 and a GS1000e (which I tried and loved). Not to forget a LCD2 (or another Audenze), some kind of Hifiman etc. etc. And dont even get me started on the amps... I... must... resist. (or die at the hands of my woman, which I recently bought a house with).

May 20, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #2,008 of 3,605
Just put down my order for a pair of PS1000. I got the older version, they are asking an extra AUD$900 for the E series where I live ~ no way could I justify that extra expense for what might not even be any kind improvement for my tastes. Can't wait to hear them, just praying they arrive by Friday as I have Friday to Monday off work.

Gratz. I also got the i ones, and some people here even prefer those.

May 20, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #2,009 of 3,605

Congratulations!!! Looking forward to reading your impressions, what are using for an amp and DAC?

May 20, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #2,010 of 3,605

Congratulations, enjoy them!

Gratz. I also got the i ones, and some people here even prefer those.

Just letting you know, there is only an (e) series, never was an (i) series even though some authorized dealer have advertised the
PS-1000 as a PS1000i…this is not true, and was confirmed by Grado before I made my purchase. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back