post your grado mods....
Oct 9, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #4,036 of 8,992
  I have the Ear Zonk G-Cush and Grado G-Cush and I actually prefer the Ear Zonk. I like the softer material and they do not have that scratchy feel to them. I cant detect much if any SQ differences and they fit the same as well.
On another note I got a Black SR325 in today, thinking whether or not I should make my ghetto HF2 project out of them (replace plastic with wood; the wood is being sent to me thanks by a certain awesome Grado buddy way up north).

Did you get the black SR-325 from Simon?

Oct 9, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #4,039 of 8,992

Paduok Wood Cup (7keys) and L-Cush ...
But thinking of selling them and upgrade to 225 ... Then use my black cherry wood cup ... Ha Ha Ha ...

Good looking stuff.  Which drivers are you using now?

Re: Simon

I figured so.  I did see his listing.  There's a pair of the black SR-325 on Ebay - but in pretty good shape for just a tad under $500.  Simon actually got me addicted to wooden Grados, too.  I bought my first pair of wooden cups and Grado drivers from him.  The rest, they say is history.

Oct 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #4,041 of 8,992
Finished my SR60is this morning. I did not have access to a lathe like I thought it would so I had to go super simple. Overall I actually like the minimalist look. The biggest problem I had was the headphone jack. I read the wrong diagram or something, the cables were way too large for it. The lack of gimbals is annoying as I have to have the headband perfectly adjusted to get a good seal. Anyway I am super happy with the result, as I a am quite unskilled at this stuff. Granted I did not do much of the wood working this is my first modified headphone (well to this extent) and re-cable. 

The entire cost: $90
Grado Sr60i- $65
Navships SPC cable- $14
Headphone Jack- $3
Replacement pads- $3 (I had about $22 in ebay bucks after purchasing my DX100)
Nylon Covering- $5
Cherry Wood- Free

At this price these headphones are nearly unbeatable, and they compare extremely well to my Mad Dogs (pretty much choose your flavor).

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #4,045 of 8,992
The cups should get here either today or tomorrow, once I get some photos taken ill start the official Great Grado Experiment thread.

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #4,046 of 8,992
The cups should get here either today or tomorrow, once I get some photos taken ill start the official Great Grado Experiment thread.

Very good!  When they reach me, I'll do some detailed analysis and put it into a grid-style format with a grading system.  I did this a few nights ago with the Aune 1 in various configurations.  It kind of removed the guesswork out of trying to read into someone's description of the comparison when you can see the grading system and the criteria used for each cup.

Oct 10, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #4,049 of 8,992

Aune T1? Matches so well with my Grados!

I like the Aune T1 best when used with my Little Dot I+ amp.  I think the Aune is a great DAC to use for the Grados.  I've gone ahead and listed my Aune T1, as I don't want to mess with so many tube devices.  I'll continue to use my Little Dot I+ and my HeadAmp DAC.  The HeadAmp is quite good, and I have more money invested in it too.

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #4,050 of 8,992
Man I have a bad craving for that aune t1. Maybe its time to sell the e17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back