post your grado mods....
Sep 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #3,917 of 8,992
Sep 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #3,919 of 8,992
this will not be a popular one i'm sure LOL 

i took the cups off today to change the grills, put some damping on the transducer and take a peek inside while i wait for my parts to do a detachable cable...so i got a little silly with some paint while i had the cups apart

as far as sound change with the grills/damping, i feel there is a small amount, it sounds a bit more open and less treble-y...it is a very subtle change if it's not just placebo.  

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #3,920 of 8,992
  this will not be a popular one i'm sure LOL 

i took the cups off today to change the grills, put some damping on the transducer and take a peek inside while i wait for my parts to do a detachable cable...so i got a little silly with some paint while i had the cups apart

as far as sound change with the grills/damping, i feel there is a small amount, it sounds a bit more open and less treble-y...it is a very subtle change if it's not just placebo.  

Good job!  Although.....I don't think I'm man enough to wear those. 

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #3,921 of 8,992

Good job!  Although.....I don't think I'm man enough to wear those. 

Really?  I thought most of us guys have an inner more-feminine side?  Hmm ... I'll have to check on that though, and get back to you.  However, I will say that the combination of the pink cups, yet keeping the ring with the Grado lettering does look like a neat idea.  I've seen other sprayed cups before, but different variations were used.

Sep 9, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #3,922 of 8,992
The Woodford Shower Curtain Rod Quarter Mod Tutorial!

A question struck me in the shower recently. How can I cut nearly perfect holes in my Grado pads? The answer was right there in the shower with me!

The Shower Curtain Rod!
Step 1: Pull curtain rod down and remove shower curtain

Step 2: Pull rod apart (temporarily discard smaller rod)

Slightly larger than a quarter

Nice and sharp!

Step 3: Place pad on carpet and press down firmly with palm

Step 4: Begin twisting clockwise while pressing firmly

Step 5: Keep twisting until you feel the foam separate

Clean cut!

Quarter comparison

Pads look good

Both done now!

I know most people don't care about appearances, but I needed it done cleanly. It was all done in about 10 minutes. If you don't have a shower curtain rod you can get one at Walmart for $4.96. I think I'll call this The Woodford Shower Curtain Rod Quarter Mod. Let me know if you have any questions or liked my tutorial. -o-

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #3,923 of 8,992
  The Woodford Shower Curtain Rod Quarter Mod Tutorial!

A question struck me in the shower recently. How can I cut nearly perfect holes in my Grado pads? The answer was right there in the shower with me!

The Shower Curtain Rod!
Step 1: Pull curtain rod down and remove shower curtain

Step 2: Pull rod apart (temporarily discard smaller rod)

Slightly larger than a quarter

Nice and sharp!

Step 3: Place pad on carpet and press down firmly with palm

Step 4: Begin twisting clockwise while pressing firmly

Step 5: Keep twisting until you feel the foam separate

Clean cut!

Quarter comparison

Pads look good

Both done now!

I know most people don't care about appearances, but I needed it done cleanly. It was all done in about 10 minutes. If you don't have a shower curtain rod you can get one at Walmart for $4.96. I think I'll call this The Woodford Shower Curtain Rod Quarter Mod. Let me know if you have any questions or liked my tutorial. -o-

There are many ways to skin a cat.

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #3,924 of 8,992
I thought the point of the reverse quarter mod was to create a new hole that could be used to mount the pad onto the cup?  This would ensure that one had more padding on their ear side for more comfort?  If a hole is apllied the same size as a quarter for the use of opening out the sound for the driver, it really isn't the "reverse" quarter mod, but would be a regular quarter mod, I guess.

I'll have to try some options.  I have 3 pair waiting for testing.

Sep 15, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #3,925 of 8,992
just for fun... 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back