post your grado mods....
Jun 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #3,259 of 8,992
Do the Cups come with grills 7keys?

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #3,261 of 8,992
These have now been sent off to algreez.

Shipping was $10.10

Ahorsenamedjeff can you please put that in my paypal account.

My work is done.....I hope everything works according to plan.

I see these members lending thousand dollar cans to each other without any problem so this should be a piece of cake. 

Algreez...... thanks for the heat.... and could you please let us know when they arrive?

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #3,263 of 8,992
Those cups look gorgeous uglyjoe!

Quote:
These have now been sent off to algreez.

My work is done.....I hope everything works according to plan.

I see these members lending thousand dollar cans to each other without any problem so this should be a piece of cake. 

Algreez...... thanks for the heat.... and could you please let us know when they arrive?

Thanks again for doing this 7keys! I have full faith that it will all work out well 
biggrin.gif

I'm setting up an account to leave you some heat now

Jun 22, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #3,265 of 8,992
Here are the new cocobolo cups on my SR-80i. Using the same distancer/pad spacers I made for use with my old Padauk cups. These are much better than my Padauk cups in both terms of quality and sound. I have made four other cups since them so I have more experience with techniques.

These have a thicker wall both inside the chamber as well as where the distancer seats. The wood is denser as well, so it didn't chip around the driver mouth of the cup.

I didn't use any Lacqure or Varnish on these. These are the first cups I have polished to shine and I love the look of the "pure" wood. It may be a bit less glossy, but the natural feel of it is worth it, and will require less care and worry or de-lamination.

These, as were my Padauk cups, are partial liberation cups, where the plastic around the driver is preserved, and all of it is dropped into the wood shell/cup. They are large, but I like the sound signature of the larger chamber and the look of the wood.

I'm waiting for a Onyx Manta headband from Turbulent Labs to arrive before I secure the headband to the adjusting blocks. I'm guessing in a week or so since it's coming from singapore. I'm still searching for a nice metal 3.5mm stereo connector to compliment everything as well.

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #3,267 of 8,992
They are designed for use with my cup design. Here is my project log from my first cups with pictures and some measurements of the spacers. They are made of padauk and oak hot glued together with excess cut away

http://www.head-fi.org/t/637702/my-custom-grado-sr-80i

Honestly, the spacers are what really made my headphones great for comfort and helped the sound signature smooth out some but remain very crisp.

Jun 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #3,270 of 8,992
Quote:
Here are the new cocobolo cups on my SR-80i. Using the same distancer/pad spacers I made for use with my old Padauk cups. These are much better than my Padauk cups in both terms of quality and sound. I have made four other cups since them so I have more experience with techniques.

These have a thicker wall both inside the chamber as well as where the distancer seats. The wood is denser as well, so it didn't chip around the driver mouth of the cup.

I didn't use any Lacqure or Varnish on these. These are the first cups I have polished to shine and I love the look of the "pure" wood. It may be a bit less glossy, but the natural feel of it is worth it, and will require less care and worry or de-lamination.

These, as were my Padauk cups, are partial liberation cups, where the plastic around the driver is preserved, and all of it is dropped into the wood shell/cup. They are large, but I like the sound signature of the larger chamber and the look of the wood.

I'm waiting for a Onyx Manta headband from Turbulent Labs to arrive before I secure the headband to the adjusting blocks. I'm guessing in a week or so since it's coming from singapore. I'm still searching for a nice metal 3.5mm stereo connector to compliment everything as well.

Great job, they look nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back