post your grado mods....
Jun 20, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #3,242 of 8,992
Quote:
Horse
You just need a hair drier and then just heat the plastic until you can stretch it a little to the right size

Oh haha, thanks, for some reason I didn't think it'd be that easy
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #3,244 of 8,992
Quote:
Woo hoo I've been commissioned to make a pair of head phones for a friends sons birthday in August :grinning:

That's awesome! Because my first girlfriend was sorta an audiophile, I had the idea that for our 6 month ann, I would make her a set of Grados. Too bad we didn't make it to 6 months.

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #3,246 of 8,992
Quote:
Cheers also the next door neighbour is interested in a pair as well.omg ahhhhhh lol

How much you getting paid? What stock drivers you using? This is really cool :D If you want to bounce ideas off of us, that'd be cool. What general age group are they? 5-8, 8-12, 13-15, 15-18?

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #3,247 of 8,992
That sounds amazing, great plan!! You're awesome 7keys 
L3000.gif

So it goes 7keys->algrees->me->triton/horse

And uglyjoe, you can take my name out of the running for your pair since I would rather somebody else got a pair as opposed to me getting two 

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #3,248 of 8,992
Quote:
That sounds amazing, great plan!! You're awesome 7keys 
L3000.gif

So it goes 7keys->algrees->me->triton/horse

And uglyjoe, you can take my name out of the running for your pair since I would rather somebody else got a pair as opposed to me getting two 

Yay! If you'd like, could you e-mail me at tsuncello@gmail.com for my address? I've seemed to reach my max of two PM's in a day. I guess that's a new user thing? Also joe, please take my name out as well! Thanks so much 7Keys, you're a true hero. 
o2smile.gif

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #3,251 of 8,992
Had my MS1i's for a week and then decided to add single-sided entry detachable cable to make it a bit more portable around the house. 

Comfy's are on now but I normally use the reverse 414s.

Still sounds great using some standard auxiliary stereo cable.  No other sound mods yet.
I did a quick sound meter test through my phone for dB level before and after the mod.
Still balanced between the sides but overall volume seemed to have dropped 1-2 dB.

Anybody know of a good thin connector so I can make the cups detachable as well?  I was thinking about a 2.5mm mono jack but that would interfere with the cup movement.  Perhaps an inline 2.5mm jack.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back