post your grado mods....
Mar 12, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #2,836 of 8,992
I wish I had started with 2 holes. I did 4 plus dynamat and the bass is more pronounced and deeper, but a bit muddy and high mids are a bit weak. The upper highs are nice and crisp though. There's almost a reverb-ish quality to the lower mids now. Any ideas how to address all that? I really like the deeper bass, but it would be nice if I could tighten it up more and bring up the high mids some.

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #2,837 of 8,992
Dynamat inside the cups might help.

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #2,838 of 8,992
Quote:
Did you just put the DT770 pads over the L cush? Does it change the sound at all?
Been looking for an easy way to increase comfort... kills my ears after a while with just the L cush.

Sorry for the late response. Honestly, I don't really notice a sound difference with the DT770 pad over my old bowl cups and they are 100x more comfortable to me because the top of my ear used to get sore within minutes of wearing my Grados. I did a little googling before I purchased the pads and found out that someone on headfi had written a DIY on how to get these to fit on Grados. The person did it with foam but I didn't have any foam at home so I just made mine out of cardboard, sounds ghetto but it looks pretty decent.

Here's the link if you're interested.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/226591/bah-hahaha-says-the-madman-my-325-beyer-mod-youll-thank-me-eventually-56k-no-no

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #2,845 of 8,992
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/655078/grado-sr60-problem

Grado want 25usd to repair plus 50usd to send it back. There's also the shipping cost to send it to NY (15usd) = 90usd total

=(

I'm assuming you're not in the States? I just got my other pair of SR60 back from Grado today, it took them less than 10 days to get back to me and also free shipping back to me (My Grados had broken drivers, no cables). I guess it was really quick for me since I'm literally like a 15 minute drive from where Grado is located. Anyway, will be modding my new SR60s soon. Too used to having removable cable and cable on one side!

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #2,846 of 8,992
Yep, like half the world away from US. 

Back with the iGrado->SR60 transplant: has anyone ever tried that? Cause -to me- take the transducer off of the cup seems impossible without destroying one of them. Its ok if the already broken transducer gets torn in half, but how easy is to put a new one in place?

thanks

Mar 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #2,847 of 8,992
I'm going to apologize in advance here. so sorry for being unable to find info that i know exists somewhere here. But, for the life of me i cannot find it. So, I'm liberating my drivers to put into wood cups, they re just Sr80i drivers BTW, got a metal shaving on the diaphragm because i don't have the white cloth there anymore. I took a tiny wire with some blu tac on it and got one of the shavings out, the second one, tore into the red ( what I'm assuming is the voice coil) wire, so now, the driver works, but has no bass. Now, I am going to replace these with magnum v5 drivers at some point, but for now would like to now how to fully liberate these so i can get to the diaphragm. I need the ear facing grill off and all. If i damage everything at this point, to me its all a learning experience so I dont care if this driver ever comes back to life. So can anyone point me in the right direction to basically completely dissemble the driver housing? Its already out of the cup and all, just need to get that grill out of the way and liberate it so I can play with the voice coil wiring. Thanks in advance!

Mar 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #2,848 of 8,992

I'm not sure if that picture will upload right. Anyways just need to see if I can remove that grill without actually just cutting it off. By the way to get that driver out of the housing I just used a 1 1/4 socket and hit it with a hammer lightly after cutting off the tabs in back with an utility blade.

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #2,849 of 8,992
time to change my old wood cup..

upps.... sorry .. the pict taked with old camera handphone 

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #2,850 of 8,992
Mind sending a pair of cups my way? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back