post your grado mods....
Aug 20, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #2,431 of 8,992
Had a bit of an epiphany today...

Flat pads with added soundstage, but without sacrificing the bass.  Will post more details when i can unglue them from my head...

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #2,434 of 8,992
Finally got hold of the Vibro cups and they truly are a beauty to behold!

Still slightly shaky after a long weekend festival and with slightly trembling hands I soldered some stock cables to the already liberated 225i drivers I got from the FS section a little while ago. The rest of the installation was a breeze, the included foam makes a perfect seal to seat the drivers in the cups! They are now glued to my head, wow, they sound great!

Never had a chance to listen to the drivers before installation, so I can't really remark about the difference between the cups, but I have other Grados, so I will be comparing them soon!

Image has been manipulated a bit, removed all the colour from the pic, leaving only the woodies in their original colour, no further tweaks.

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #2,436 of 8,992
Quote:

Still slightly shaky after a long weekend festival and with slightly trembling hands I soldered some stock cables to the already liberated 225i drivers I got from the FS section a little while ago. The rest of the installation was a breeze, the included foam makes a perfect seal to seat the drivers in the cups! They are now glued to my head, wow, they sound great!

Never had a chance to listen to the drivers before installation, so I can't really remark about the difference between the cups, but I have other Grados, so I will be comparing them soon!

I got mine today also (about an hour ago)

I did get the #3 cups as opposed to the #2's, so I might weep myself to sleep tonight. My next major decision is whether or not to wait on a set of 325i drivers, or dismantle my SR80 cans so I can enjoy them now.

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #2,437 of 8,992

Image has been manipulated a bit, removed all the colour from the pic, leaving only the woodies in their original colour, no further tweaks.

Yep I fully agree, got mine too, really are stunning thanks Taiden!! And happy birthday too for today!!! You deserve a good day after your faultless execution of these cups.

Aug 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #2,441 of 8,992
By way of clarification, the "I may weep myself to sleep tonight" bit was a jape. Having the third set as opposed to the second isn't at all important for me. Luke has been very communicative and seems even more excited about them than I am (although he did keep the rather beautiful curly maple set for himself).
I should state that the cups I have are the Vibro Vintage, and they're absolutely perfect from a physical standpoint. I'm still waiting to hear about a set of drivers to see what direction I'll be going in with these. I can hardly wait to hear them.

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #2,445 of 8,992
Quote:
You ain't lived untill you've put a £350 pair of phones into boiling water,sure makes them fall apart.Never did my 325is's any harm.Still using them every day two years later.Sound better than ever.Four holes in the felt and some bluetak.Loverlilly....My Dears.

Hey, good to see a familiar face from rock grotto. what does this mod do, loosen and make things a bit more supple? sounds the most extreme of all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back