post your grado mods....
Jan 19, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #1,921 of 8,992
how much are the gimbles?

Quote:
I've just ordered these from Sylvan.......they will also have felt fitted behind the cups screens. I believe from what he has said this adds a little more baffle and improves the tone a bit.

(Headband not included)

These will have my SR80i drivers fitted into them and I have bought a cheap second hand pair of SR60's for the cable, Gimbles and Headband.

The SR80i drivers were going into a pair of Martin Custom Audio cups in Hawaiian Koa with a new cable and Aluminium Gimbals......however I couldnt resist and I have bought a pair of Magnum V4 drivers for Martin to fit into his cups for me.

Further pics to follow on both pairs when they are finished :)

Jan 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #1,922 of 8,992

Quote:
how much are the gimbles?

the first batch he received he was selling at $125 i believe + delivery......theres something on his blog about them.....I think 2nd or 3rd Post down. Not sure if he has any left, best to fire him an email if you are interested.

Jan 19, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #1,923 of 8,992

Quote:
58680f1e-4b88-1cd5.jpg

Heres my ohrenholzmod 125i's, cannot wait !

wow those are pretty, how much for the mods if you don't mind me asking?

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #1,925 of 8,992

Quote:
 the first batch he received he was selling at $125 i believe + delivery......theres something on his blog about them.....I think 2nd or 3rd Post down. Not sure if he has any left, best to fire him an email if you are interested.

I still have some left at the promo price.  Each naked set are hand polished to a mirror finish.  Once the rodblocks are done, I'll send off a certain number of gimbals and all of the rodblocks for black and gold colored anodizing. 

I have also made the first and hopefully only revisions to the prototype rodblocks...so I should be getting the first batch within a week or two I would guess.    They'll feature nylon set screws to hold the rods in place and metal set screws to attach to the headband insert, hopefully making them glueless. 

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #1,926 of 8,992
Got these today, but haven't heard them as they aren't wired up yet. They are Honduran Mahogany with a dark black finish (not black paint). Much thanks to Rhydon and especially Ohrenholz. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #1,930 of 8,992

Quote:
what does taking the white mesh off do to the grados? 

Absolutely, I removed mine literally 2 days ago and the best way to describe it is that I could 'feel' the music better, follow through on the sound (espically classical guitars) just had the chamber sound brought out.  It definitely opened up the music underside of songs,  of course, it could be the different pads I added at the same time...
wink.gif

Quote:
Got these today, but haven't heard them as they aren't wired up yet. They are Honduran Mahogany with a dark black finish (not black paint). Much thanks to Rhydon and especially Ohrenholz. 

Those look beautiful!  Congrats!

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #1,931 of 8,992
I just put some loctite general purpose repair putty on my ms1i driver is that basically what blue tac is? i hope i didnt **** nothing up but it sounds fine so far worrying about it drying up and following off though. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #1,932 of 8,992

Quote:
I just put some loctite general purpose repair putty on my ms1i driver is that basically what blue tac is? i hope i didnt **** nothing up but it sounds fine so far worrying about it drying up and following off though. 

You know that putty stuff that 3M or Scotch makes and you use it to stick posters on your walls rather than using tacks? Most the time it's blue or white. I think that's sorta what bluetac is.

this stuff:
http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Adhesive-Putty-Removable-860/dp/B000AN7EW4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back